Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 20-05-2017, 11:49 PM
Master
Feeling a tad numb

I so dislike this feeling of being a bit numb after we've been together. I should be ecstatic, happy as a lark, and I am. I love him, he loves me, everything is well. But I miss him. Not in a really pathetic way, I am still doing things, having fun, working on my goals, so I'm not pining really. But I still feel sort of numb. As if my heart chakra closes after we've been together. It's just not enough, not enough time together, but I think if we'd spend more time together this feeling would only get worse.
It's almost as if it's self protection to not be totally overwhelmed by longing?
I know the time after you've been together should be a time of joy, integrating of what you have shared, growing etc. until you want/can connect again and thus open up for the other. But dang, it's hard.
Like I said, I am doing things, am busy, not bawling my eyes out, have fun as well. But somehow.. I don't know. I just don't feel complete. I think that's why I partially close my heart so I don't feel the pain of being apart again.
And I know you have to be complete on your own, and I know I am. In spite of that being with your TF adds something that you can never have or create on your own, complete or not. And it's that something, and that deep sense of belonging when we're together, that I miss. And probably why I get numb so it doesn't hurt so bad. But it puts me off-kilter as it makes me feel as if it isn't there anymore. Sigh.

Sound familiar?
Old 21-05-2017, 12:38 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
I know the time after you've been together should be a time of joy, integrating of what you have shared, growing etc. until you want/can connect again and thus open up for the other. But dang, it's hard.

that is interesting, I don't know that at all. Must have slept through that class...
Old 21-05-2017, 01:07 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
that is interesting, I don't know that at all. Must have slept through that class...
It's less about a class or teaching and more a soul prompt and inner knowing.

The OP shows co-dependent issues needing to be worked on if this is a TF at all. The feelings described in the OP post show that she identifies her 'not being complete' and longing avoidance and closed heart unless he is around her all indicate that she depends and relies on him and his presence to feel this and numbs when he is gone to avoid the feeling of lower feelings, empty, incomplete in fears it will seep in the connection and repluse the other maybe? who knows but avoidance and co-dependency are what stands out in the OP's post.

If I were her. I'd want to find out why. and work on that. Its a sense of neediness and clingyness and cloaking it with confidence yet the energy is felt because its a core issue that no man can wipe away. There is also an energy in her that has a deep deep fear of loosing him. It becomes clingy.
Old 21-05-2017, 05:43 PM
Master
I did think about co-dependency, but I don't think it is. I've had that in the past and mostly gotten over that. Co-dependency feels totally different too. As I've clearly described, I am happy, am having a good time, am standing on my own two feet, am working on my goals and manifesting them. I am not reliant on him for that. I don't need him to fill a void, I didn't have a void when I met him, nor do I have one now.
I also don't fear losing him, let alone that I have a deep fear. If nothing else, I have never felt more at peace and secure in a relationship. We are having an interdependent relationship, both need our personal freedom. He is also empowered -the first empowered man I've ever come across to be honest- and couldn't handle a clingy partner. Neither could I. We've both outgrown that kind of cr@p in and because of past relationships.

You draw an awful lot of conclusions and always seem to come from a very negative place with your replies in the TF forums. Had I been insecure and maybe co-dependent it would have gotten me off-kilter. Maybe think about that when you reply to people, as many are still very insecure in their search.
If memory serves you don't believe in TFs, which is your good right, but then please don't project negativity onto others.
Old 21-05-2017, 05:50 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
Hahaha, never too late to learn, lol. And yes, that's how healthy balanced relationships should be: connect, disconnect, connect, disconnect.
You don't totally disconnect of course, the bond is always there. It's not like you stop loving them or anything when you disconnect. It's just that you aren't focused on the partner/relationship 24/7, when you disconnect you take what you've shared, learn and grow from that, experience joy from the connection, integrate it. But you also do your own thing again. In a way you close your aura in that phase and open it up again when you reconnect.
That's basically what an interdependent relationship is, the only form of balanced, healthy relationship.
As one relationship guru once explained: in a relationship it's not two parties (you and the partner) but three: you, partner, relationship. The relationship is where you merge, bond, connect, share, exchange. Both invest in that third relationship part.
In the example of just two parties, you'd lose yourself, which is not the idea.
Old 21-05-2017, 07:25 PM
Master

Quote:
I still feel sort of numb. As if my heart chakra closes after we've been together.
Quote:
It's almost as if it's self protection to not be totally overwhelmed by longing?
Quote:
But somehow.. I don't know. I just don't feel complete. I think that's why I partially close my heart so I don't feel the pain of being apart again.
Quote:
that deep sense of belonging when we're together, that I miss. And probably why I get numb so it doesn't hurt so bad.

vibes dont lie. words can communicate so much but energy communicates what your words dont or cant. what i quoted from your original post are the points i refer to that you call negative when i point out working on the why. lord knows it could help you not feel this way? but again this kind of thread proves my point of this area of the forum. what those quoted sentences say is that you depend on the 3D side of this connection and have these feelings come up you dont like when he's not around and you try to avoid it. closed heart when he's gone? why? ask yourself. or idk. just do whatever. Twin flames. I have my beliefs which dont seem to fit the mainstream of it.
twins dont have to be in the physical to be connected. they are never not connected.
Old 21-05-2017, 08:12 PM
Master

I'll take it into consideration about how i come off or appear to come off as in these threads as being negative. thank you for pointing that out. Now if i may be a mirror to you and show you how it too can come off as negative to people that seek support and could be insecure when people like you tell them things along the lines like 'doesn't sound like a tf, sounds like a co-dependent relationship'
Old 21-05-2017, 08:18 PM
Master

Also want to point out the focus on the guy here and my attempt to direct you to the why of your feelings to get to the bottom of it instead of doing your best to avoid the longing. yet it seems to be offensive to suggest such a thing?

how about forget your feelings then, they are not as important as him and besides, they'll go away when he's near you again. idk.

i need more coffee and a long holiday on a secluded island with no people on it. just birds, dolphins and a tiger like pi had.
Old 21-05-2017, 09:40 PM
Master

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 22-05-2017, 02:50 AM
Knower

I think and feel it's perfectly normal to have a 'missing' feeling to a slight degree, always, with this kind of connection, no matter the work that needs or not to be done. After all, we miss a mother, a father, a child, a friend at times.
So in my view there's no difference really.
The heart is designed to feel, and I believe the heart is allowed to feel, that, of which we love. No matter what.

In your case I don't think it has anything to do with co-dependency. The same as in my case. I miss my twin, but I'm not going to die or fall in a heap, now, without him. But I'm certainly not co-dependent on him in any case.
Being single and celibate now for 4 years, (by my own choice and happy with my choice to the core) hardly puts me in a co-dependent state of 'needing' him.

If you didn't miss him 'at all' in the slightest, I'd be more worried of that!