Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Closed Thread

Old 15-01-2007, 12:55 PM
mattstar

Dangerous by myself?

Afternoon all,

Am after a little bit of advice as im a little confused!

In the last 2 months i have been performing the following basic meditation exercise most days -

Deep slow breathing to relax.
Perform triple light protection from god, my guardian angels and spirit guide.
Open each of the main chakras via visualisations.
From there i normally go onto another visualisation (grassy forest clearing usually) with the aim of meeting one of my spirit guides or guide.
What often happens is while im at the chakra stage i get very random images in my head or faces or places almost as if im on the edge of falling asleep, but the image kind of pops up, i acknowlege it and it goes, finding myself more with it again before i continue with the visualisation and then slip out of the visualisation as another image seems to show itself in my head.

Now these images have at times meant something to me and one of them is a recurring mans face with a beard - which im wondering may be one of my guides? But its so hard to no!

Anyway, i also attend one circle once a month and about to start on another once per week.

Im unsure as to what im doing is classed as channeling or is it meditation? The reason i ask, i was under the impression it was channeling and thought so long as i protect myself with white light etc i will be fine. I mentioned this to one of the ladies at the circle who has mediumistic ability and she said she didnt think i should be doing this at this stage in my development as its easy to open yourself to mischieveous entities and worse and that i should have someone with me who knows what they are doing. Now i always do this on my own with the lights off, incense on etc etc.

So am i putting myself at risk? and if so, where is the line between what is safe and what is not?

I have seen random pictures of a tribal man with pins stuck in him, and i knew he was in pain - but thought that i didnt want to see it so sent it away to the light. The same thing happened again with a ferocious knashing dog.

I have never been scared by any of this and feel secure in myself, but as im very new to all this id just like some re assurance.

I also sometimes ask for my guides to assist me in my dreams towards my development (just before i go to sleep) - possibly showing things that may be of use to me - and have had a couple of dreams in which ive been shown something, ive checked it out on the net and low and behold its been something of use to me!

Admittedly, long term i would love to try and develop some ability to communicate with spirit and realise this will need a lot of work and dedication on my behalf.

Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated as i am somewhat confused!!
Old 16-01-2007, 10:22 PM
OceanWaves19161

Heres just what I think i dont know if I'm right. I believe as long as your protect yourself and perhaps call in your guardian angel and other angels you should be fine. Just ask when you go into meditation that any informarion you are given be of 100% percent white light from God. I feel the mans face your seeing could be one of your guides.My guide pops up in meditation just as a womans face. The other things your seeing could be past life experiences.

Alana:)
Old 18-01-2007, 04:25 AM
imageimaginer

I have the same problem too Matt but unfortunately I have no solution. What I try to do though is concentrate more on the meditation than on the faces. They seem to disappear after a while otherwise what Alana says about protection and angels seems like the only thing you can do for now.
Old 18-01-2007, 05:58 AM
kundalini

Hi mattstar,

As well as the suggestions made by OceanWaves19161 and imageimaginer, I would just like to say that what you are doing is MEDITATING. However, as with many meditation sessions, you are making contact with the spirit realm and some would say other dimensions. Therefore, you are seeing entities but I believe that you are being allowed to see these entities. The reason I say this is because the protection that you ask for seems to be very sound and well grounded.

Channeling, on the other hand, tends to be when you specifically ask for information from your guides and then enter a meditative state. Personally, I would consider that to be channeling. On the other hand, meditation is when you enter a meditative state in order to experience the 'nothingness', or maybe clairvoyant images. I am sure you understand what I mean by this.

The man with a beard I believe is likely to be a guide. Indeed, a man with a beard seems to be an almost archetypal image of a spirit guide with many members here even having said that they too have had contact with similar-looking entities. You could try asking for confirmation that the bearded man is your spirit guide whilst meditating or communicating with your angels.

I understand why your lady friend at your circle is troubled by these developments in your spiritual practice as opening yourself up to different energies can cause troublesome symptoms in the experiencer. However, you seem to already be very secure in yourself and I am certain that if you do not give any negative thoughts much attention, then any negative energies/entities will be unable to 'drag you down', so to speak. Remember, what you place your focus on will tend to enlarge.

I hope this helps, Kundalini.
Old 18-01-2007, 10:18 AM
mattstar

Kundalini,
Many thanks for you reply and has put my mind at rest – thankyou.
One more question I do have is how do you know when you should progress from meditating and letting images appear to you without channeling anything specific – to saying to yourself openly – ok I would like to channel my guide/passed relative/guardian angel etc etc?

The bearded guide I see from time to time – well I found while I was getting ready to go to a spiritual circle the other night, towelling down after a bath, came to me as if he was helping me dry off - and then immediately said he was with me always and then promptly dissappeared. At the circle we performed a guided meditation and he came again to me and gave me some information about what his purpose was. On relaying this back to the group one of the mediumistic ladies said oh that sounds like Kathumi – so I looked him up on the net and low and behold the pictures I saw of him is the guy who appears in my mind – this I found very pleasing and reassured me into the direction in which im progressing.

Last edited by mattstar : 18-01-2007 at 10:24 AM.
Old 19-01-2007, 06:39 AM
Luke Wolf

Quote:
The reason i ask, i was under the impression it was channeling and thought so long as i protect myself with white light etc i will be fine.
My advice on this is to also use protective symbols, so you don't have to put as much energy into drawing the energy yourself. It also helps to cleanse the area you meditate in before meditation.
Old 19-01-2007, 09:22 AM
kundalini

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattstar
Kundalini,
Many thanks for you reply and has put my mind at rest – thankyou.
One more question I do have is how do you know when you should progress from meditating and letting images appear to you without channeling anything specific – to saying to yourself openly – ok I would like to channel my guide/passed relative/guardian angel etc etc?

The bearded guide I see from time to time – well I found while I was getting ready to go to a spiritual circle the other night, towelling down after a bath, came to me as if he was helping me dry off - and then immediately said he was with me always and then promptly dissappeared. At the circle we performed a guided meditation and he came again to me and gave me some information about what his purpose was. On relaying this back to the group one of the mediumistic ladies said oh that sounds like Kathumi – so I looked him up on the net and low and behold the pictures I saw of him is the guy who appears in my mind – this I found very pleasing and reassured me into the direction in which im progressing.

Hi Mattstar,

Personally, I would meditate on that very question and listen to the answers you receive in the silence. From what you have wrote, you seem to be experienced with regards to esoteric matters and I believe that you have already been taught a lot by the circle that you attend. Yes, I would say meditate on it and listen to the answers you receive in the silence, whether that be in the form of clairvoyance, clairaudience or your own intuition. I would say do not be abrupt in making this decision in that it is something that should not be embarked on, on an impulse.

By the way, the fact that you have been having a lot of communication with spirit in the form of images etc, indicates to me that you are psychically/spiritually open enough for communication with spirit and indeed could be a sign that you are ready to do this. Still, I feel that you could provide your own answer to the question you have asked through meditation.

I'm sure that you already know this but just in case, always remember to ground and close down after psychic work. I hope this helps, Kundalini.

Last edited by kundalini : 22-01-2007 at 10:16 AM.
Old 20-01-2007, 09:39 PM
mattstar

Smile

Many Thanks for your replys - really appreciate it and has given me some good food for thought for my next meditations.

Have a great weekend.
Old 02-03-2007, 12:23 PM
muddy1

Hello,
I start off by bringing the light from the heavens in to my crown pasting all my chuakes, though my body into the my mother earth, racing backup, counter clockwise from my feet all around my body back up to Heaven, link to a cloud.
I also ask my Guardian Angels to surround, guide and protect me. Then I step into a bubble of white light of God. Good protection.
However if anything or anyone worries me I ask Arch Angel Michael to take it away, then its gone, usually. But there is
something called a panic that you produce. Thats you need to come back quickly and ground yourself. Thats why I was told, when someone does a reading that theres usually another person there so if something goes wrong they can help bring them back. Also it could be your guide sending you those faces or your guides face. When I'm finish I that my Angles anf Guides and send them Love. I hope any of this is a help.
Muddy
Old 03-03-2007, 03:08 PM
spiritalk

Development

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattstar
Afternoon all,

Am after a little bit of advice as im a little confused!

In the last 2 months i have been performing the following basic meditation exercise most days -

Deep slow breathing to relax.
Perform triple light protection from god, my guardian angels and spirit guide.
Open each of the main chakras via visualisations.
From there i normally go onto another visualisation (grassy forest clearing usually) with the aim of meeting one of my spirit guides or guide.
What often happens is while im at the chakra stage i get very random images in my head or faces or places almost as if im on the edge of falling asleep, but the image kind of pops up, i acknowlege it and it goes, finding myself more with it again before i continue with the visualisation and then slip out of the visualisation as another image seems to show itself in my head.

Now these images have at times meant something to me and one of them is a recurring mans face with a beard - which im wondering may be one of my guides? But its so hard to no!

Anyway, i also attend one circle once a month and about to start on another once per week.

Im unsure as to what im doing is classed as channeling or is it meditation? The reason i ask, i was under the impression it was channeling and thought so long as i protect myself with white light etc i will be fine. I mentioned this to one of the ladies at the circle who has mediumistic ability and she said she didnt think i should be doing this at this stage in my development as its easy to open yourself to mischieveous entities and worse and that i should have someone with me who knows what they are doing. Now i always do this on my own with the lights off, incense on etc etc.

So am i putting myself at risk? and if so, where is the line between what is safe and what is not?

I have seen random pictures of a tribal man with pins stuck in him, and i knew he was in pain - but thought that i didnt want to see it so sent it away to the light. The same thing happened again with a ferocious knashing dog.

I have never been scared by any of this and feel secure in myself, but as im very new to all this id just like some re assurance.

I also sometimes ask for my guides to assist me in my dreams towards my development (just before i go to sleep) - possibly showing things that may be of use to me - and have had a couple of dreams in which ive been shown something, ive checked it out on the net and low and behold its been something of use to me!

Admittedly, long term i would love to try and develop some ability to communicate with spirit and realise this will need a lot of work and dedication on my behalf.

Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated as i am somewhat confused!!

The first step in development is...take charge! It is your own body, mind, spirit that will be involved...that is the instrument of your opening and expanding of the consciousness.

Circles are intended to be places where you feel safe and protected to experiment in your own instrument for psychic and/or mediumship abilities. Attending one at a time is much better than too much information from random places that may not agree and aid the journey of development. Just a thought...

Contacting the spirit guide is about a vibration and change of vibration within. Many people, many ideas...so decide what resonnates with you.

As humility is the first gift of the spirit, the spirit guide may not wish the recognition of what was once their life...so much as the communion of what they can offer to this wonderful partnership. Any visual may not be of the highest and best as you seek for your own guidance.

Be aware of your own instrument (body, mind, spirit) so that you can know the changes and acknowledge the partnership attunement with spirit.

Just some thoughts....

God bless, J
Closed Thread