Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 16-02-2020, 06:19 PM
Where did this belief healers shouldn't accept gifts or $ come from anyway?

Just wondering. Does any one know the source of this concept?
And so, if they do - they are obvious charlatans?

I do recall Jesus' group had a treasurer and money was given.

Are healers destined to be poor? As if it is their lot in life?
This is what they deserve, in other words, then - to accept nothing in return for their time and often travel expenses?

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 16-02-2020, 06:34 PM
Deactivated Account
If they want to actually heal people for a living then they should become a doctor instead of swindling others with so-called healing powers. As for why, money is the one and only true god of the world. It's as simple as that.
Old 16-02-2020, 06:35 PM
Master
It's sacrilege as far as I'm concerned. Get a regular job and do it in ones spare time. An honour and a privilege to be gifted with the ability.
Old 16-02-2020, 06:42 PM
Master

All real healing is a re-mediation of life-energy between the higher-self (the real healer) of the subject and 'themselves' through the healer.

The heal-er is therefore only acting as a temporary proxy or mediator of the subject's higher-self. This is even true to some extent with the most material of medical procedures...it's a temporary (externalized) expedient of some kind.

So in that sense they are an acting instrument of the divine as represented by higher-self...which is one in both, even though there is a temporary energetic shift in focus/emphasis for the intended purpose.

Taking $$ creates a certain temptation to become oriented by that prospect of the $$, vs. being the instrument of the divine.

Of course, in some sense, its all of the divine, including the $$. Many legitimate healers will even say that the Divine has set the price which is part of the whole 'operation'. True or not remains to be seen or intuited.

But for many the temptation can lead the healer astray, e.g., away from the healing of others, and toward the enriching of self.

This is for any legitimate healer/healing, vs. outright fraud, which does not seem to be implied by the OP question anyway. However, in many cases it is actually the faith the subject has in the healer even in the case of fraud (that faith being accessed and activated within the subject) which is the real vehicle of eventual healing. Call it the "placebo" effect!

~ J
Old 16-02-2020, 06:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyotir
All real healing is a re-mediation of life energy between the higher-self of the subject and 'themselves' through the healer.
The heal-er is therefore only acting as a temporary proxy or mediator of the subject's higher-self.
So in that sense they are an acting instrument of the divine as represented by higher-self...which is one in both, even though there is a temporary energetic shift in focus/emphasis for the intended purpose.
Taking $$ creates a certain temptation to become oriented by that prospect, vs. being the instrument.
Of course, in some sense, its all of the divine, including the $$. Many legitimate healers will even say that the Divine has set the price which is part of the whole 'operation'. true or not remains to be seen or intuited.
But for many the temptation can lead the healer astray, e.g., away from the healing of others, and toward the enriching of self.
~ J
Thank you - so would you say because of this 'possible' temptation no healer
should be given a donation, offering, gift or a $10 bill for gas?

And if offered...they should always decline?

Do you think it is a sacrilege, J ?
Where did that idea come from anyway?

Now, Shirley McLaine or Abraham-Hicks charging upwards of $1000 a person for their talks is NOT what I'm talking about, btw.
This should be an interesting topic.

Makes me wonder if the origin could have come from this verse, I dunno.(Cuz that's my question - where did this
concept/ idea come from?)

Matthew 6:1-4
“Be careful not to practice your righteousness in front of others to be seen by them. If you do,
you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.
So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues
and on the streets, to be honored by others.

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 16-02-2020, 07:46 PM
I'm working through this idea of "healers should never be paid anything"...
and more - that it is somehow wrong...even sacrilegious now!

Isn't a soprano's voice a gift? American Idol is starting tonight -
aren't these talents 'given' to these kids? As freely as a healers gift?
Should they just sing on the streets for free?
'Don't open their cases for tips? And get a job flippin' burgers?'
Some are too poor to get a college degree, after all.
Tonight we will see a garbage man with bad teeth sing apparently in the ads.

I see an imbalance here - a warped sense of right and wrong imposed on others by those that do not have that gift.

What other gifts are there that are God given that should never be paid for?
Should painters not sell their paintings now?

Old 16-02-2020, 07:48 PM
Master
I have been a healer for 20 years and haven’t made a penny from it but if I didn’t have a full time job in the printing industry I wouldn’t hesitate to charge a reasonable amount .

I suppose like most services it depends on how much is charged lol .

I see that some psychics / mediums / healers can charge extreme amounts of money and that is their business excuse the pun .

I am aware of healers that were penniless and also very well off and I dare say that the healing isn’t of a lesser quality by those that are well off compared to those that are skint . lol . I had a healing once from a psychic surgeon that healed my knee in 3 minutes and charged £25 . Nice work if you can get it hehe ..

But I was grateful after a running accident that I got the full use of my knee again and continued to run ..

What’s that worth? To me I wuda gladly paid £200 plus .. what price do you put on that or being able to something that was once made restrictive due to an injury or something?

People don’t seem to bat an eyelid knowa days when a plumber charges £50 call out fee before they even look at your problem ..

I think at times anything that relates to a spiritual gift that comes natural to folk shouldn’t come with a price tag, but some are gifted at football and they can get paid hundreds of thousands a week at times ..

If there wasn’t a market for anything then these folks wouldn’t be where they are at ..

It’s like the drug addict blaming the dealer for the trouble their in ..

Obviously at times there is a marketing to prey on the weak and vulnerable and healers that promise a cure for this and that fall into that category for sure but in a way things happen for a reason ..

x daz x
Old 16-02-2020, 08:08 PM
Thanks, daz - we agree on something.
It doesn't make me feel alone.. how much was the knee in US $, btw.
I didn't know you lived elsewhere.

Old 16-02-2020, 08:46 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Just wondering. Does any one know the source of this concept?
And so, if they do - they are obvious charlatans?

I do recall Jesus' group had a treasurer and money was given.

Are healers destined to be poor? As if it is their lot in life?
This is what they deserve, in other words, then - to accept nothing in return for their time and often travel expenses?

The source? People ...

Everybody should always do only whatever they think to be the right by their own standards. They should watch their karma, not public opinion, social media, self-proclaimed good people, ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
Let's say you're an excellent medical doctor, and have the choice to go to work in a poor country (area), or in a wealthy country (area) to make lots of money some of which you'd use to help poor people.

What would help the poor people more? (this should be the criteria)
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 16-02-2020, 09:01 PM
Finny, I'm watching something from Netflix - they are talking about renting a Rabbi...
"All Rabbis are basically for rent - weddings, Bar Mitzvahs..."
Hahaha, so yes...churches are too, Priests - funerals, weddings...now you pay for Obits in the Newspapers.

Obviously, I'm making a case for payment for services rendered in the
religious field.

"It is considered inappropriate to ask the clergy what fee they
“charge” for funerals. A typical honorarium is $150–300,
in consideration of the hours spent with the family and performing the service."

Is that sacrilegious? Almost could seem so to me...but, I get it.
It doesn't make a difference what my personal feeeeeeelings are, aka concepts, ideas, opinions.

Now... am I butting heads with people here...I am...I would like to get rid of this concept.
I have no 'pony in this race' - it's just I don't like concepts imposed on others across the board.