Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 26-08-2011, 08:27 PM
Topology

Quote:
Originally Posted by moke64916
Saggi was right. I have no need to answer tops question. Only from a neutral state can you observe the phenomena about body,mind. I wonder what tops thinks about the mind, body connection. Eckhart Tolle agrees with me on my truth as well. It says it in Practicing the Power of Now. That your bodys emotions is a reaction to what the mind is thinking. I've observed this very closely. Only with full awareness and neutrality can one observe this. If you don't agree, maybe you are still becoming a PART of your emotions and the minds interactions instead of observing the phenomena. Xan agrees with me 100% and said if someone can't observe from a neutral state they wouldn't have a clue to what I'm talking about. Peace.

Moke

Moke, here is what I observe. The body is in sympathetic resonance with emotion except when someone is lying or faking. The emotions usually are but not always a reaction to thought. Emotion can influence the types of thought that occur. Take a woman that is PMSing. *looks around to see if any femme fatales are about to throw a tomato at me.* the body dictates the emotion and the emotion dictates the thought. My wife can be more insecure and prone to sensitive reactions during that time of the month. That is a reversal of the direction of influence you are proposing. Physical illness creates stress which predisposes one to negative reactions. Moods are emotions, but moods will also place a selective pressure on the thoughts we are predisposed to. All of it, thoughts emotions the body, are all in various feedback loops with each other.

And our emotional reactions may not even be good guides for how we should respond to a thought. I am emotionally averted to doing work, especially laboring in the unknown. But it is good for me to work. Good for my character and my spirit.

What I don't understand about what you are saying is about adding emotion into the experience. I don't and I can't add emotion to something. I simply have emotion, reactions, moods. They are there and I find no benefit or value trying to manipulate them. Sitting down to generate joy artificially, why? How what for? It doesn't make sense to me. It feels fake.
Old 27-08-2011, 04:20 AM
Master
mind can imagine things that make the brain secretes chemicals that evokes different kinds of feelings and emotions. the body secretes chemicals that determines one's mental condition.
Old 27-08-2011, 02:23 PM
moke64916

Your basically explaining what I said in a detailed way. Sometimes the body gives emotion without thought. But you basically summed up what my original thread was. I just explained it in a simplistic fashion. You explain what I said In detail. So we do share the same truths. Peace.

Moke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topology
Moke, here is what I observe. The body is in sympathetic resonance with emotion except when someone is lying or faking. The emotions usually are but not always a reaction to thought. Emotion can influence the types of thought that occur. Take a woman that is PMSing. *looks around to see if any femme fatales are about to throw a tomato at me.* the body dictates the emotion and the emotion dictates the thought. My wife can be more insecure and prone to sensitive reactions during that time of the month. That is a reversal of the direction of influence you are proposing. Physical illness creates stress which predisposes one to negative reactions. Moods are emotions, but moods will also place a selective pressure on the thoughts we are predisposed to. All of it, thoughts emotions the body, are all in various feedback loops with each other.

And our emotional reactions may not even be good guides for how we should respond to a thought. I am emotionally averted to doing work, especially laboring in the unknown. But it is good for me to work. Good for my character and my spirit.

What I don't understand about what you are saying is about adding emotion into the experience. I don't and I can't add emotion to something. I simply have emotion, reactions, moods. They are there and I find no benefit or value trying to manipulate them. Sitting down to generate joy artificially, why? How what for? It doesn't make sense to me. It feels fake.