Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 31-07-2022, 06:53 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
What makes a Spiritual experience a Spiritual experience?

Just one thing to say is that extraordinary Spiritual Experiences happen. Obviously people go chasing them and all of that and in doing so often miss what is miraculous and right under their noses, life itself. But perhaps Spiritual Experiences happen to remind us all that we don't know everything and when we do witness something irrefutably supernatural or miraculous, whatever that might be then you're 'normal' apparatus, the 5 senses, the logical mind etc. is challenged and can collapse under the power of that experience, in a good way or a bad way i suppose.

The origination of these experiences, " oh it came from my enlightened Self or it came From God, from Allah seems coincidental and not the point. Small things have happened to me that to recount them would make me sound mad first of all and if i shared them with 'Some' trained scientists they would say oh !!!

I agree with the conversation that in general a smile may be worth as much and perhaps more than an experience of synchronism or miracles etc.

Perhaps these things also happen to remind us that we don't know it all, they may happen to inspire us. Mystery is often seen as a negative ignorant and harmful thing but Mystery is also an honest appraisal of life itself sometimes, i see the Catholic dissenters getting ready at the barricades they sense an attack !! hahaha

__________________________________________________ _______

To Thine own Self be True

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Last edited by Joe Mc : 31-07-2022 at 10:19 AM.
Old 31-07-2022, 09:47 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Mc
Obviously people go chasing them and all of that and in doing often miss what is miraculous and right under their noses, life itself.
I want to say so may things that will just get my ar*se kicked but yes, the fact that we exist at all is a miracle in itself and most people overlook that.

Personally I don't call it a 'Spiritual' experience for the reason I don't use any kind of prefix - 'non-Dual' included - it takes something away from the experience. Every time I point my camera at something it's reminder that, even from the perspective of 'little' separate me' that 'I' is still a part of something bigger and badder. And while that 'I' can make itself feel better by amassing a collection of any old beliefs there's nothing like the feeling of getting down and dirty with reality. Believing reality is an illusion means people block the avenue of the interface between themselves and that 'illusion'.

There are three fundamental questions, the answers to which explain everything and I have yet to see them appear in these forums. And no, I'm not going to start a thread about them because the outcome is a foregone conclusion. Regardless of how Spiritual we think we are we're missing out in the greatest of Spirituality, and it's to answer those questions that miracles and 'Spiritual' experiences happen. They are not the answers to ideologies, theologies and beliefs they are the answers to reality.
Old 02-08-2022, 02:05 PM
Master
Non-existence doesn't exist.
Old 14-08-2022, 12:01 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralDreamer
Neither do 'you'.
This inability to identify the self, is the absoluteness of the uniqueness of the absoluteness of existence itself. It may seem to keep changing, but it remains unchangingly unique. And so, 'you' is the very thing that 'you' seeks to identify.

Often people try to find something outside of this uniqueness, to identitfy the uniqueness, in contrast with it and to it. However, non existence doesnt exist. So existence simply is unique and nothing exists but existence itself. All things are also it and equally unique.
So they can never find anything other than existence and the unchanging uniqueness of it. Even the experience is it.

Simple right?

Not to mention, maybe more complicated for the ego, that existence never changes. Time is just an egoic approximation of memorable uniqueness. Which is also unique. Trying to look inside of time/ego and trying to look outside of it, for existence, is all the same. All things are equally existence and the unchanging uniqueness of it.
So if one believes that time is not existence they are right and wrong at the same time. And if they believe that timeless is not existence, they are equally right and wrong at the same time.
Right and wrong are both, equally, the unchanging uniqueness, of existence itself. Looking in wrong things, one will find that it equally evades its own definition eternally and infinitely.
Same with right things.

You might say change is absolute. But change also changes into the unchanging. The absolute never has changed and never will. It simply is. Always here and now. Unchanging uniqueness. All oneness. One allness. All the same unchanging uniqueness of existence itself. Change is therefor the only "illusion" that exists. The illusion is the believe/misassumption that the unchanging uniqueness of existence is what change is. The misassumption that change is the correct definition for the uniqueness of existence. And it's not the correct definition. Change simply doesnt exist, except as a flawed self contradictory idea of temporalness.

No matter how many eternities one believes to have experienced sameness. Sameness simply doesnt exist and neither does time. For sameness to exist, non existence has to exist and existence would have a likeness to it. Existence cannot have a likeness to it, because non existence is the likeness of existence and non existence literally doesnt exist. So there is no likeness to existence. There is just the uniqueness of existence itself. Which is existence itself. There is just that. There are no similarities of existence that seem to repeat itself in similar ways and changing ways. Those are all still the same one here and now eternally unchanging uniqueness of existence.

As training wheels, one can use the believe and experience of change to learn about the uniqueness of existence. But that experience is also unique. And it will thus also change the experience of change into the unchanging experience, not of the uniqueness of existence itself, but as it.

So what happens if your experience of change is active? Does that mean that existence is thus also unchanging? Is this a duality? existence changing and unchanging....?
No, this is not a duality and there exists only nonduality. Because there exists only one thing. The change will always be there, because the word change is the wrong definition for what it is describing. What we experience as change, is actually the unchanging uniqueness of existence itself. Change specifically refers to the uniqueness of existence. The uniqueness of it specifically. And that is why the experience of change is actually the experience of the unchanging Uniqueness of existence itself. And the experience is also the Eniqueness of existence itself.

Right here and now, this moment, has always been the "same" one here and now moment. Even the word same is not applicable and a flawed definition. Because there only ever has been and only ever will be this "same" here and now moment. So instead of saying "same" we should say, there only is this here and now moment.

What is this here and now moment that encompasses all of existence? It is existence itself. And it is unique. If we say, it has always been unique and always will be unique.... What then? Then we are back in the illusion of time, the misunderstanding of the absolute reality. The unchanging uniqueness of existence itself and existence itself as its unchanging uniqueness has never existed in the past or future and never will.
Is this misunderstanding of time and change capable of changing the absolute reality? Nope... Never. That is why the absolute reality is so valueble to know. Knowing it brings infinite clarity. No matter what. It redefines everything to pure positive energy (without any opposition) in perfect synchronisity, without ever having to do or not do anything at all.
It, being you, does nothing and leaves nothing undone.
As the eternally, infinitely and absolutely unchanging uniqueness of existence itself.
Your experience of it is also the unchanging uniqueness of existence itself.
Your awareness is also the unchanging uniqueness of existence itself.
Old 23-08-2022, 07:33 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewwerrin
This inability to identify the self, is the absoluteness of the uniqueness of the absoluteness of existence itself. It may seem to keep changing, but it remains unchangingly unique. And so, 'you' is the very thing that 'you' seeks to identify.

I think you have a very 'unique' way of writing. It's a bit complicated tbh as you probably are using too many ideas of words to explain things. Each of your ideas might be worthy of a whole post in themselves. Have you ever thought about why you write about this stuff, is it for your own clarification or others ? Or do you like using your own writing style and its unique presentation for it's own sakes ?

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Old 23-08-2022, 06:48 PM
Ascender

I think if an angel such as Satan does exist, then they/he? is probably more like the Satan in the TV Show Lucifer. Where his job is to help those who are 'sinful' to redeem themselves so their soul can go on to its next level. I'd also like to think that he's quite sexy like the actor Tom Ellis who played Lucifer. *sigh* I wish that show was still on tv.
Old 24-08-2022, 02:47 AM
Master
I think Satan has been around long enough to know that unrighteousness doesn't work and it's best to be lawful righteous and just about thing's.

If Satan doesn't exist then I'd say God doesn't exist either.

utopiandreamchild
Old 24-08-2022, 05:31 AM
Master

Taking Satan out of an anthropomorphic perspective seems not to sit well with others. Their views on the matter are that Satan is a real personality.
An another belief is that Satan is potentially a part of your personality and exists an an Archetype within your own mind ready to be involved in your life or not
as the case may be. Perhaps the guy who coined the phrase, " The greatest trick that Satan has ever played...", the poet, Baudelaire, believed in Satan more as
an independent personality adept at hiding from the masses. Christendom was perhaps more to the front in terms of it's influence on Civilisation during his time
which was not that long ago either, (1821-1866).
The problem also seems to be nowadays with intentionality. It seems that all evil acts eg. mass shootings etc. are somehow intentionally carried out with full cognisance
by a compos mentis person. A person in full control of their own minds and not under any other unconscious influence.
Seeing Satan as a personality or an unconscious force seem to two different ideas altogether and perhaps are opposed to each other or not ?