Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 16-05-2012, 11:59 AM
Mind's Eye

Twin Flames; Reflections or Rejection?

I know a lot of people are looking for or involved with someone whom they call their twin flame. It seems to be all the rave right now with a lot of spiritual folks. But I propose this:

Are these people many call twin flames really the other half of your soul, or some such thing? Do we set our selves up for a huge fall when we place so much importance on another fallible human being? And should we be placing so much emphasis on finding and meeting these people as if they were the holy grail of our lives?

I can recall a time many years ago when I was running around looking for my soul mate. I placed so much importance on finding that person, only to be let down and crushed over and over again. Then one day I just kind of grew up spiritually and let the Divine take its rightful place in my heart and life. I worked more on the person I wanted to be and became a better, stronger person. After that, there was no person in the world who could tear me down emotionally like some folks used to.

In conclusion; are many people trying to replace the Divine Presence in their hearts with another person of flesh and blood? Are we creating this twin flame craze because we are hungry for something within and have depersonalized God/Goddess. Are people actually starving for a higher relationship with something bigger than what this world can offer, so they are giving too much power and going overboard in their relationships?

I propose that there is only one twin flame for every human soul... and that is The Divine. Nothing else will ever fit that place in our hearts; and no one else will know how to nurture it quite as well as the Source we all came from.

I may I quickly add, that we don't need to go through horrendous trials with another person to learn certain lessons in life; or to grow spiritually and emotionally. The Divine can take care of all of that, with a lot less drama I might add, if we give it half a chance.

Peace..
Old 16-05-2012, 12:13 PM
Master
Wow, great question. Again, this is what I have been told my entire life that only ONE can fill the void in your heart and make you feel whole, and it is GOD. I cannot tell you how hard and how many times i really tried to have an intimate relationship with God. Everyone talked about it, everyone told me about it.. and I tried so dang hard I felt like I was losing my mind. I just couldn't get there. THIS is the closest I have ever felt to God. Not because of what I feel for my tf, but because of what he has opened my eyes to and how he has opened my heart AND mind. I FINALLY feel free of the burden of trying to be something I am not. Maybe I am just different. Maybe I am predestined for somehwere other than heaven. Who knows. That being said, I NEVER believed in soulmates, nor did I ever go searching for one. I did; however, always feel like there was a hunger inside of me for something.. I couldn't put my finger on it. I have had a couple of men that I have been with say to me, "it's never enough for you." Was I selfish? Maybe. Was I cruel? I don't think so. There was just always an emptiness always a void...
I have been married twice, and both times I hesitated before I walked down the isle. My mom and my best friend were the only ones who ever noticed. But I knew something wasn't right. I knew it. But I didn't understand it then, and maybe I still don't.
Old 16-05-2012, 12:55 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jatd
s. That being said, I NEVER believed in soulmates, nor did I ever go searching for one. I did; however, always feel like there was a hunger inside of me for something.. I couldn't put my finger on it. I have had a couple of men that I have been with say to me, "it's never enough for you." Was I selfish?

I had an interesting encounter similar to that which you had with the guy who said this to you. I was always in search of God first and men were secondary. I had relationships here and there, but most of them were really casual and detached.

One of those guys actually complained because I was hard to read after he had told me that we needed to spend more time together or something. I fretted over that for a few days before I realized it was not my place to be easy for him to read. It was not my responsibility to make him happy or comfortable. He was the only person who could do that for himself.

He had an expectation for me that I could not fulfill, and I didn't feel compelled to try. He wanted something from me that I simply did not have to give him.

I sometimes wonder if people view their twin flames that way instead of just letting the connections be what they are. It's a huge learning process.

The only thing we can do in the case of twin flames or any relationship is to take care of our own mental and emotional needs. We cannot do for the other person.
Old 16-05-2012, 12:57 PM
Mind's Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jatd
Wow, great question. Again, this is what I have been told my entire life that only ONE can fill the void in your heart and make you feel whole, and it is GOD. I cannot tell you how hard and how many times i really tried to have an intimate relationship with God. Everyone talked about it, everyone told me about it.. and I tried so dang hard I felt like I was losing my mind. I just couldn't get there. THIS is the closest I have ever felt to God. Not because of what I feel for my tf, but because of what he has opened my eyes to and how he has opened my heart AND mind. I FINALLY feel free of the burden of trying to be something I am not. Maybe I am just different. Maybe I am predestined for somehwere other than heaven. Who knows. That being said, I NEVER believed in soulmates, nor did I ever go searching for one. I did; however, always feel like there was a hunger inside of me for something.. I couldn't put my finger on it. I have had a couple of men that I have been with say to me, "it's never enough for you." Was I selfish? Maybe. Was I cruel? I don't think so. There was just always an emptiness always a void...
I have been married twice, and both times I hesitated before I walked down the isle. My mom and my best friend were the only ones who ever noticed. But I knew something wasn't right. I knew it. But I didn't understand it then, and maybe I still don't.

It is a truth that we cannot feel close to God until we find him ourselves.. Other people's renditions of the Divine just leave us high and dry... with the void as you say. Once we know who the and what "God" is in our lives, then we know what our lives are to be. Only in the Divine do we truly find ourselves, because we are reflections of the eternal flame... Just as a river is connected to a greater source of water, so are we connected to God. But that true connection never comes through fear, guilt and confusion as many religions teach. It comes through having the courage to face ourselves and be who we are; then in back of that true reflection we see the Source, and everything just connects.

And may I ask are you still with the person whom you call your tf, or is he gone and away?
Old 16-05-2012, 01:12 PM
Master
He's gone. Everything was perfect, or so I thought.. and then he just vanished. The last time he spoke to me was March 8th when he told me that He couldn't give me everything I needed and deserved... and that was it. I am finally able to breathe and eat again - 2 months later. He's with someone else now, and oddly I feel more relief than anything. I felt him hurting and I thought he was hurting for me which was killing me on the inside. Now I feel a disconnect in a sense, but I also feel like he's trying to force happiness.
I think about him nonstop, not something I am used to. I've always been very resilient. This one was different.
I'm ok with letting go so he can fly. Everyone swears they come back. I don't think he will. At this point I am just trusting that there is something way up ahead waiting for me.
Old 16-05-2012, 01:25 PM
Krystalle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mind's Eye
Are these people many call twin flames really the other half of your soul, or some such thing? Do we set our selves up for a huge fall when we place so much importance on another fallible human being? And should we be placing so much emphasis on finding and meeting these people as if they were the holy grail of our lives?

I can recall a time many years ago when I was running around looking for my soul mate. I placed so much importance on finding that person, only to be let down and crushed over and over again. Then one day I just kind of grew up spiritually and let the Divine take its rightful place in my heart and life. I worked more on the person I wanted to be and became a better, stronger person. After that, there was no person in the world who could tear me down emotionally like some folks used to.

In conclusion; are many people trying to replace the Divine Presence in their hearts with another person of flesh and blood? Are we creating this twin flame craze because we are hungry for something within and have depersonalized God/Goddess. Are people actually starving for a higher relationship with something bigger than what this world can offer, so they are giving too much power and going overboard in their relationships?

I propose that there is only one twin flame for every human soul... and that is The Divine. Nothing else will ever fit that place in our hearts; and no one else will know how to nurture it quite as well as the Source we all came from.

I'm glad you posted this.
To answer your question, no, i do not believe the TF is 'the other half of the soul'. This is a romantic view because you know? people need romance in their life and what better way to feel special and like you are part of something bigger? People always need to 'belong' somewhere or to someone.
I do believe in the TF theory (proved to me...) but my concept of it is very different than other people's and i won't discuss it now.
I like what you said about the Divine. It's so true, isn't it? Only the Divine can fill that place, in the right manner, without all the pain and misery that comes attached with expectations from a human relationship. If you get along with God, there will be no missing spot in your life and soul.
I understand exactly where you are coming from, and have arrived in that place too, quite some time ago.
But i still believe in Twin Flames, except i call it differently.
Old 16-05-2012, 03:53 PM
DulcePoetica

Maybe I'm wrong, but I have been wondering if the so-called twin flame craze is a result of the collective raising of human consciousness.

Increasing numbers of people (even outside of spiritual circles) are talking about metaphysical subjects. Intuition, telepathy, synchronicity and other things like that would at one time would have been viewed as paranormal, but more and more people say they have personal experiences that have them convinced. The field of theoretical physics is exploding, and people with moderate intelligence can now access a generalized understanding of quantum physics.

In this landscape of awakening consciousness, it is becoming difficult to hide behind pretense. What may at one time have been a case of forbidden love can take on a new life when both parties find themselves enmeshed in the thoughts and feelings of their would-be lover day and night. It used to be we could state assertively that we are not interested in someone and whatever feelings we were trying to hide would fade over time.

Perhaps love is in fact the paramount and divine energy of life? The more awake we become, the less we will be able to escape the power of true love. Maybe we are not accustomed to the forcefulness of love, because we have always assumed was just some kind of pleasing emotion. So in this transitional time in human consciousness, love itself, the unwavering force, becomes our Divine- the energy that dictates that which is out of our control. It seems supernatural.

I do actually believe that this love is telling me what I am intended to do, who I am intended to be, where I should go... what this energy wants from me. I try to adhere to this powerful force of love, and conflict comes when I or my counterpart resist and try to maintain a grasp on our lives. We want to be in control of such things.

It's a conundrum. I believe it is a new kind of conundrum, or one that is more likely to happen as human consciousness continues to rise. I imagine who we we are bound to through love is as certain as who gave birth to us. Unchanging and involuntary. Possibly one day we will laugh at the idea of "selecting" a mate in life.
Old 16-05-2012, 04:16 PM
Experiencer

Well I wasn't looking for love, a soulmate, or anything remotely close to those things when I met my TF. In fact, when I met him I didn't know what the heck was going on and was severely confused and scared. I didn't even think soulmates existed and were just fairytales. But after him and I met face to face and I looked into his eyes, the first thing I told him was this. "Because you exist I know God is real, because all the love of Him is reflected in your eyes." He restored my faith in God, encouraged me to listen to myself and follow the path of spirituality that I was just finding at the time, and showed me how to truly love someone with unconditional love.

Honestly I think God let me find him earlier than I was supposed to, to save both of us from destroying ourselves so early on. He wasn't on a good path at the time and neither was I. But after we met, we both knew exactly who the other person was without hesitation. And we both went on to become better human beings because of it.
Old 16-05-2012, 04:20 PM
Master
I love that! "Because you exist, I know God is real" AMEN!
Old 16-05-2012, 04:24 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by aero87
Well I wasn't looking for love, a soulmate, or anything remotely close to those things when I met my TF. In fact, when I met him I didn't know what the heck was going on and was severely confused and scared. I didn't even think soulmates existed and were just fairytales. But after him and I met face to face and I looked into his eyes, the first thing I told him was this. "Because you exist I know God is real, because all the love of Him is reflected in your eyes." He restored my faith in God, encouraged me to listen to myself and follow the path of spirituality that I was just finding at the time, and showed me how to truly love someone with unconditional love.

Honestly I think God let me find him earlier than I was supposed to, to save both of us from destroying ourselves so early on. He wasn't on a good path at the time and neither was I. But after we met, we both knew exactly who the other person was without hesitation. And we both went on to become better human beings because of it.

This is beautiful. I also agree with you said in regards to mine. I believed in soulmates but I just wasn't looking for one at the time. Thank you for sharing.