Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 31-07-2015, 01:23 AM
Ascender
This is hard.

First 2 months of no meat.
Ate fish twice. Messed up and had a small amount of meat twice. Haha.
It's getting easier, though. Finding more easy recipes. It's becoming a lifestyle.

Ok, I feel better. More energy. Losing weight without tons of effort. Eating way more variety of veggies to feel satisfied. Pretty, glowing skin. Better blood pressure. Lower cholesterol. Spiritual connection. Higher vibration.

Watching documentaries. Facing the harsh realities of mass meat and dairy production that we all know happens but ignore. Learning the stats and facts.

There's something urging me to keep up with this. It started as a yoga diet cleanse but now it's turning into more. An emotional thing? A moving thing?

BUT MANNNNNNNNN.
I keep eating eggs and drinking/eating milk/yogurt!!!
The obvious answer is to just stop if I'm feeling that guilty. But dangit!

I need some support, guys lol
I know I can do this. It's possible!!
Gimmie some of your stories or tips? Please?
Would really appreciate it!
Old 31-07-2015, 03:17 AM
Knower
The hardest thing for me is the recipes. You cannot be eating just eggs and pasta and some veggies now and then. The human palate requires a fully spiced, soul food meal to satisfy. I relapsed a few times and every time I did it was because I was too lazy to make my own food or I rationalized eating fish as being not as bad as land based meats.

It's an emotional thing for me, a healing thing that starts with each person and encompasses the planet. Animals suffer, and that's the main reason to not cause and ingest that suffering to further our own consciousness.

It's about raising your vibration on a sustainable way, not a raising that ebbs and flows like most people do in their daily lives, some going higher or lower than others. I like it because it feels very tangible to me, and it is a humbling experience as well. I understand that in the end anything I consume is a form of consciousness given by the suns energy and materialized on this physical plane. Plants are the best reminder of this, and how we are unable to synthesize the sun's energy ourself.

Also, i believe in if you are to eat consciousness, it is better for both parties that the gap between levels of organization in the biological structure is important to maintain as little suffering as possible.
Old 31-07-2015, 05:55 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibbyScorp
It's getting easier, though. Finding more easy recipes. It's becoming a lifestyle.

Ok, I feel better. More energy. Losing weight without tons of effort. Eating way more variety of veggies to feel satisfied. Pretty, glowing skin. Better blood pressure. Lower cholesterol. Spiritual connection. Higher vibration.

Watching documentaries. Facing the harsh realities of mass meat and dairy production that we all know happens but ignore. Learning the stats and facts.

There's something urging me to keep up with this. It started as a yoga diet cleanse but now it's turning into more. An emotional thing? A moving thing?

BUT MANNNNNNNNN.

Hi libby.

Go easy on yourself Libby...for some people,it can be a slow start to be a fully blown vegan......you are on the right track

When it comes to giving up dairy..try researching the health benefits of not consuming foods that are made from the mothers milk that is produced inside of an animal for it's own animal off spring.there is all sorts of animal yucky stuff in animal milk. That is if you haven't researched it already.

& eggs, well, you could read the short blog on this page↓

http://Www.peta2.com/blog/are_eggs_c...es_the_lowdown

There are so many yummy foods made from non animal products, so there is no need to miss out at all.

And maybe spend some quality time in the presence of those animals that produce the milk & lay the eggs....you can see it all in their eyes & their mannerisms...
Become their friends & understand the cruelty that they face, day in day out moment by moment....if you haven't already

& if you are a believer in a Godly type of creator, like myself.

I believe it is un-Godly of us to exploit these defenseless creatures... & I believe a true spiritually minded person, should be of a higher loving moral intelligence & should see that what the animals endure for our comfort, is unjust...

& if a person is of the belief of a continuation of life as a spiritual being, after this earth life, & when they become a spiritual being they will be able to access & experience the raw pain & suffering that these animals go through at the hands of human beings....& it will be at that moment that, that spiritual being would think that they had have had no part in any unloving entertainment or wearing & or the consumption of animals & their by products.

& the more a human being can eradicate the desire for the use of the animals, whilst as a human being,
The easier it will be for a newly arrived spiritual being in the earth plane to rid one self of those desires, & not have the urge to hang around the earth plane & obsess over those material things.

& from what i am led to believe that is exactly one of the many reason why spiritual beings become earth bound....& grow darker & darker of soul condition the more that they obsess over such things....

& also the more that you do in this earth life, that earth bound spirits obsess over, the more likely it will be, that dark earth bound spirits will desire to be around you causing you grief & the more less likely that you will attract spiritual beings of a very high spiritual essence into your presence....
As I know that beings of a higher love, do not like the unloving treatment of Creators creation...& would prefer being around persons of a higher moral loving way....CREATORS WAY OF LOVE...

Anyway Libby scorp..so much could be written, but I hope I didn't go to far with my reply.

& all the best on your new path....

Regards Neil.
Old 31-07-2015, 07:04 AM
Knower

Quote:

BUT MANNNNNNNNN.

Listen to your body. If your body asks for meats, eggs, fish, then that's what you need to give your body. Your body wouldn't be asking for them if it didn't need them. If you deny your body what it needs it will create negativity in you, if you keep practicing against your body's needs then the negativity will increase, and will also lead to eventual severe health problems and damage.

Considering you keep eating animal products then it is obvious your body is not built to sustain avoiding meat.
Try to find meat and eggs that come from animals that are raised in good and right conditions, by farmers who know how animals need to live. Meat and eggs from healthy, strong, and happy animals.
And fish that are not farmed.

Avoid "meat-industry" meats, eggs, and farmed fish. Because those contain toxins that are fed and injected into the animals, and are created by the animal bodies due to the conditions they are forced to live in.

Not everyone's body is built to sustain avoiding meat. Most people's bodies are not built to sustain such dieting.
Old 31-07-2015, 09:02 AM
Master

Quote:

BUT MANNNNNNNNN.

Nothing worth doing is ever easy.

It takes time to adjust to a new diet and work out what suits you.

Maybe be vegetarian Monday to Friday, and vegan at the weekend. Then later vegan Monday to Friday and vegetarian at the weekend, and then ...

But either way good for you for choosing a more compassionate lifestyle.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 01-08-2015, 05:40 PM
Ascender
Thanks so much, guys. Really the words I needed to keep trucking a long.

Last night I had this dream. On my dinner plate was a juicy piece of prime rib. Which was always my favorite. Cutting a piece and lifting it to my mouth, I experienced the worst taste of my life on my lips lol. The blood was sour and the meat was mushy/squeedgy and full of worms as I chewed it. In my dream, I felt an incredible remorse for choosing to even put it on my plate. Compassion for this animal consumed me and made me feel profound guilt. Like the stress induced meat really took over me. Could see and feel all the horrible things this animal went through. When I woke up, I actually thought I had ate it lol. Usually when I have these vivid dreams, there is a big message. I'll follow it.

It's becoming very humbling indeed to practice all this. It's becoming a deeply spiritual thing for me. My heart over flows and it's exciting that I can contribute just a little more love to the world.

My sister and I have been going back and forth about why I should be eating meat. I refuse to get all radical and worked up about it. She's so firey lol. Not everyone will understand or support it and I'm ok with that. Just sit back and shut up. Let her and anyone else say what they need to lol. I know in my heart why I should do this.

One challenge will be getting my 3 year old daughter on board. She has never been much of a meat eater anyways. She will choose some plain ol tofu over steak which is actually very beautiful to me. When she was a baby, I made all of her baby food from scratch with fresh veggies. Never store bought jarred food. Because of this, she absolutely loves veggies. It's important for me to keep her on this path. She goes from my house, to her dad's house, to my sisters and my mom's and my ex's family. They are all big meat eaters and fans of highly processed foods. They try and force her to eat meat but dude... if she doesn't want to, don't punish her for it. This will be hard but at least when she is with me, she will be eating well. She is my little yogi buddy that practices yoga and cherishes it as much as her mama. Despite my slight fears of her losing the love of healthy foods to McDonalds on the go happy meals, I feel that she will defy the odds and eventually come to this side. Whatever she wants, I will support.

I dig the suggestion of being vegetarian mon-fri and being vegan on the weekends until I can transition fully.

Namaste
Old 01-08-2015, 07:25 PM
Master

Check this out.

http://www.meetup.com/vegan-85/
Old 01-08-2015, 09:30 PM
Ascender
Ahhh man! This is so awesome.

I'm pretty shy in person depending on the circumstance but I can totally see this helping me to branch out. Connect with some fellow Seattleites. Find some good restaurants. This place is hoppin' with vegetarians and vegans.

Thanks! Woulda never thought to look anything like this up :) :) :) :)
Old 01-08-2015, 09:39 PM
Guide
Libby, If your new to vegetarianism you might think about starting smaller. Try just forgoing meat and allowing yourself to have dairy. Trust me when I say it's MUCH easier than trying to go eggless right off the bat.

From there if you want to continue you will already have some experience.

Quote:
Last night I had this dream. On my dinner plate was a juicy piece of prime rib. Which was always my favorite. Cutting a piece and lifting it to my mouth, I experienced the worst taste of my life on my lips lol. The blood was sour and the meat was mushy/squeedgy and full of worms as I chewed it. In my dream, I felt an incredible remorse for choosing to even put it on my plate. Compassion for this animal consumed me and made me feel profound guilt. Like the stress induced meat really took over me. Could see and feel all the horrible things this animal went through. When I woke up, I actually thought I had ate it lol. Usually when I have these vivid dreams, there is a big message. I'll follow it.
That's because you've started to think of meat negatively.
Old 01-08-2015, 10:32 PM
Deactivated Account

Fish

I agree with Rib, start on a gradual path. Little by little. That saying, your so awesome for this dedication.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riboflavin
Libby, If your new to vegetarianism you might think about starting smaller. Try just forgoing meat and allowing yourself to have dairy. Trust me when I say it's MUCH easier than trying to go eggless right off the bat.

From there if you want to continue you will already have some experience.

That's because you've started to think of meat negatively.
m