Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 08-04-2023, 07:05 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewwerrin
I don't understand why the mind is always blamed for duality. When duality is in all of creation. ... I find it funny that people think the presence or absence of mind can change the omni presence of duality, being in and of all things. Or that a change of mind can somehow reveal nonduality.
Indeed. The mind is not the cause of duality, because the mind itself is an expression of duality. But the presence or absence of thoughts can affect whether we identify with ever-present duality or ever-present non-duality.

And so we look to Ramana Maharshi:

The degree of the absence of thoughts is the measure of your progress towards Self-realisation. But Self-realisation itself does not admit of progress, it is ever the same. The Self remains always in realisation. The obstacles are thoughts. So thoughts must be checked by seeking to whom they arise. So you go to their source, where they do not arise.

The degree of freedom from unwanted thoughts and the degree of concentration on a single thought are the measures to gauge spiritual progress.

You can only stop the flow of thoughts by refusing to have any interest in it.

The mind is only a bundle of thoughts. The thoughts have their root in the I-thought. Whoever investigates the True "I" enjoys the stillness of bliss.

Ewwerrin, you seem to be plagued by unwanted thoughts and you seem to take these thoughts and all your ideas so seriously. It is no wonder you are suffering.

Is it possible for you to stop placing so much importance on all your thoughts? They are really of no significance. Just as all my thoughts are of no significance. If you want to enjoy the stillness of bliss and the bliss of stillness then let go of all your thoughts - they serve no purpose.

Peace
Old 08-04-2023, 11:41 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
Indeed. The mind is...
... they serve no purpose.
Peace
Thanks. I may have to meditate more. Today I meditated and then got bombarded with despairing thoughts afterwards. Maybe this is not a failure, but maybe a succes in disguise. I'm definitely gonna try some more meditation, because even after the bombardment of negative thoughts after meditation, and crying them, I did feel lighter afterwards.
Old 09-04-2023, 02:44 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by movingalways
Ewwerrin, I'm sending these words with nothing but love - shut the F up! Your mind is on overdrive. Time for a mental vacation. Step away from forums for a while, go for long walks, breathe! Eat ice cream slowly, sip coffee lovingly, listen to uplifting music, talk to the trees, laugh, cry, read Rupert Spira and the Upanishads, write to God, write to yourself. After all, when all is said and done, either you want lasting peace or you don't.

Please, for the sake of your mental and spiritual health, walk gently into that good night.
My mind isn't on overdrive. More like on psychosis. And I'm not sure what a mental vacation means. I haven't had a good feeling thought for as long as I can remember. I spent at most 30 minutes a day here. I'm way to depressed and anxious to go for long walks. I wish trees could talk. They remind me of God. I wish God could talk too. And I cry more than I spent time on these forums. I can garuantee you that. Laughing maybe 0,000001% of my day.
I can't read due to medicine and other things. it gets me confused without a conversation words lose meaning. And I want everlasting peace. Everyone does. There is no person on the planet who doesn't want it.
Night comes and goes.