Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 06-03-2012, 03:55 AM
Master
My spiritual name is the one my parents gave to me at birth.....I think we look for things to try and make us feel 'special'...when in fact, we don't need to....we are perfect in the eyes of the Source (God) and it wouldnt matter if we were called 'nailclippers' it wouldnt change the purity of our Divine nature....Peace x
Old 07-03-2012, 03:29 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
Well I just found myself a name, its Chanann, it means spiritual light, I quite like it.

I like Chanann...psychoslice sounds self-depreciating.
Old 25-03-2012, 11:38 PM
Wisa'ka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonfly1
My spiritual name is the one my parents gave to me at birth.....I think we look for things to try and make us feel 'special'...when in fact, we don't need to....we are perfect in the eyes of the Source (God) and it wouldnt matter if we were called 'nailclippers' it wouldnt change the purity of our Divine nature....Peace x

There is wisdom in much of what you have said here, Dragonfly1

Titles, some like Okeema - chief and Nottoopolwitta - warrior, where that same warrior or chief’s family given name could be Athapottie meaning Raccoon.

Titles can be given, or taken away, or resigned from, but a personal name stays with one forever. It really doesn’t matter the title or noble name, it’s all how one carries him or herself through life.

I also agree with Nebulous about not giving out your own true name to strangers.
Old 25-03-2012, 11:55 PM
StephenK

Quote:
My spiritual name is the one my parents gave to me at birth.....
Agreed! I've been processing this life around the name of "Stephen" since laying within a crib.. since sounds began forming into words,
then extended into concepts, and now resting somewhere between observation and experiential truths... to move to another name would be odd
in the extreme... I'll have to await another life for that one.... :^)
Old 26-03-2012, 12:19 AM
Knower
Quote:
Seriously?.......You cannot take a criticism?.....these forums are for everyone who wishes to come here, whether you like what they say or not......It is administrations job to filter who should be here and who shouldnt be.

I think that you need to have a more spiritual outlook, and see that everyone is entitled to their opinion, whether it matches your own or not... If something as trivial as this offends you, then there maybe an ego issue going on, which means you are being shown a lesson ... in tolerance, perhaps?........

Can you really blame someone for taking offense to having their spiritual name criticized when the name is born with great emotional value to its owner. No one likes having something they feel strongly about insulted like its the most pointless thing in the world.

I don't think it should be just ignored, because people who don't get filtered out need to learn that they are hurting other peoples feelings which is NOT right. Certain levels of criticism can be endured but constructive criticism should always be said to HELP the person it's directed at. Criticism designed to offend is not useful at all.
Old 26-03-2012, 04:45 PM
CNC

No spirit name that I know of...
Something interesting though, my actual name, first middle and last when translated with my ancestory (you know, that what does your name really mean stuff) spells out a sentence "Strong man from the fields" This was total coincidence, my parents didn't do it on purpose (I asked, lol) I actually am rather strong and an active power lifter and I was born in a farm town with pretty much nothing but fields as far as the eye could see (live in a city now, but still "from" the fields originally). No, not a spirit name or anything that couldn't just be a total coincidence for that matter but still kind of cool :)
Old 26-03-2012, 04:57 PM
mdez13

i wish i knew mine :(
Old 27-03-2012, 12:41 AM
ZOV

Quote:
Can you really blame someone for taking offense to having their spiritual name criticized when the name is born with great emotional value to its owner.

It is not my problem if someone makes up something he wants to be,
then attaches his emotions to that fantasy..."White warrior "
doesn't sound quite like name for person... It sounds more like name of
the skinhead forum...Think about having spiritual name "white warrior"
with avatar of crusaiding knight, in 21. century...If that isn't
offensive, then I agree, I insulted people here.

Quote:
they are hurting other peoples feelings which is NOT right.

Do you see the world we live in? Sorry, it is very offensive
seeing people imagining all those shiny , beautiful names for themselves,
hiding behind words like "spiritual name"...like someone gave that
exactly that name to you,and you didn't make that up yourself.
To reveal top secret to you ,we are all one. So you are not special , never will be ,
you are just one part of us ..
Old 27-03-2012, 12:59 AM
iScorpio

I have a "mentor" if you would on spiritual stuff, on God, Psychic stuff, ect.. She's also a close "friend"..
She calls me Moon-Hunter because I developed a strong connection with the moon, always keeping track of the phases and when it sets and rises. I don't know if this is a spiritual name, but that's what she calls me. :)
Old 27-03-2012, 01:28 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZOV
It is not my problem if someone makes up something he wants to be,
then attaches his emotions to that fantasy..."White warrior "
doesn't sound quite like name for person... It sounds more like name of
the skinhead forum...Think about having spiritual name "white warrior"
with avatar of crusaiding knight, in 21. century...If that isn't
offensive, then I agree, I insulted people here.

I guess this was meant for me. Apparently you really dislike my name. I am not a skinhead, nor too happy about the cross on the white chest since I am not a christian. But the name was given me by my guide and the armor, well, I was told by several spirits that I was a knight templar in three consecutive lives so I intend to hang on to it. Since you probably don't believe a word of this I suggest continue to live in your purely physical world. A year ago, I was a lot like you. But even then I - as a man - would not dream of giving myself a female name on a forum or elsewhere. Why do you? What are you trying to tell us? Personally I quite dislike that sort of thing.