Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations

Old 17-06-2011, 02:11 PM
DJ46

How & Why do Affirmations work?

I have a "How to Astral Travel CD Set" by William Buhlman, and one of his techniques is using Affirmations!

How is it by thinking of affirmations work? Do they work through and by your subconscious consciousness?

How often do you have to do these affirmations until they sink in?

Thanks,

DJ
Old 21-06-2011, 11:27 AM
Lady of the Mountain

Affirmations are reinforcement of positive thought. The more you say them, the more you repeat them, you slowly begin to believe them. Then belief turns to knowledge, and when you know, your thinking starts to change. You begin to ignore the negative thoughts that plague almost all of us and doubt starts to lose its edge.
When I first began my journey, one of the things I repeated over and over, for a number of years, was "I am not a waste of space, I matter". It took a long time for me to believe that, and I now know I am not a waste of space, I do actually matter, and all the doubt, all the negative thoughts I had about myself, they all began to fade away.
The simple answer is, you're reprogramming your mind, building on your inner strength, blocking out the negative. And when that happens, Love and Positivity and Peace and Calm radiates from you and touches everything you touch.
Old 23-06-2011, 10:58 AM
DJ46

Affirmations

Thank you for your reply, the only question I have then is ;
Does it really take years of repeating affirmations to work?

or a little every day , after a week or two, you will start to notice a change in your thought process?

John
Old 25-06-2011, 01:31 AM
Experiencer
Not hearing the CD I can only give you a generic answer...

and I'm not sure if what I'm going to say is how the person in the CD is operating..

I lived in Tibet in a monastery in my last life..
and we did a lot of wild and crazy stuff....
But for Monks who had never done a certain thing before,
they were told exactly what to expect..
and as long as information like this is accurate..
it creates a bridge from the imagination...
to the Reality.

It's like if you expect to encounter a column of light in your spine....

it makes it easier to recognize it.

So if this dude is describing the basic experience... (details on this subject won't help because the experience is so varied) then when you come close to it, you'll recognize it.

it sets a pattern so to speak.

And the amount of time it takes for you to accomplish certain things like this is totally dependent upon the strength of your intention....

and your point in evolution.
Old 25-06-2011, 03:28 AM
mattie

Affirmations

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ46
How & Why do Affirmations work?

How is it by thinking of affirmations work? Do they work through and by your subconscious consciousness?

It’s fairly simple. Put them in your own language. It is absolutely essential to keep them in the positive. If one states, I want to be at peace. then this will be something that is manifested as a future event, ever out of reach. While it is a bit awkward to state, I AM at peace. when this is something that we desire, the stating it as a PRESENT thing is central to it working. Crafting affirmations w/ the ‘I AM’ at the start is also a useful & potent instruction to self. As the subconscious pays attention to our voice, stating it aloud helps increase the strength of them although this is not absolutely necessary.

It is more about the BELIEVING of the affirmation that they work, not just thinking about them.

Quote:

Until one believes them.
The more we can shift into TRUSTing self the sooner these will work. This TRUST is a learned skill.

It is of the utmost importance w/ manifestations & affirmations to state them, then TRUST for the Universe to manifest them. The less time we spend on wondering how this will occur the better. Just KNOW it will.

Check out EFT. It uses affirmation & tapping on energy meridians. It's easy to learn & can be done w/o special training. The free info. is more than sufficient. Check out tail-enders. This is having a lurking thought that undercuts one’s affirmation. Such as, I AM at peace (but that’s ridiculous to think I can achieve this). The tail-ender is in ( )s. If we attach the tail-ender this is what we’ll manifest.

http://www.eftuniverse.com/index.php...11&It emid=14
Old 29-06-2011, 11:34 AM
eyalec

Affirmation can work very quickly. It all depends of the power of your true inner blief.
Old 03-07-2011, 11:04 PM
yukan

Years of affirmations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady of the Mountain
Affirmations are reinforcement of positive thought. The more you say them, the more you repeat them, you slowly begin to believe them. Then belief turns to knowledge, and when you know, your thinking starts to change. You begin to ignore the negative thoughts that plague almost all of us and doubt starts to lose its edge.
When I first began my journey, one of the things I repeated over and over, for a number of years, was "I am not a waste of space, I matter". It took a long time for me to believe that, and I now know I am not a waste of space, I do actually matter, and all the doubt, all the negative thoughts I had about myself, they all began to fade away.
The simple answer is, you're reprogramming your mind, building on your inner strength, blocking out the negative. And when that happens, Love and Positivity and Peace and Calm radiates from you and touches everything you touch.

I would like to thank you for sharing your experience in affirmations. I thought that months of affirmations was too much if I didn´t see changes in my way of thinking and way of seeing things. I even thought that I would be doing something really wrong by then. However you have taught me that I must be much more persistent and that by not giving up, I am showing myself that I believe in what I am doing, and this faith is really what I am working on building.
Old 03-07-2011, 11:11 PM
moke64916

Quote:
I have a "How to Astral Travel CD Set" by William Buhlman, and one of his techniques is using Affirmations!

Thanks,

DJ
With affirmations you are declaring who you are as in "I am" statements. Repetition is key. Your thoughts, words, and actions create your reality. It does shift your thought process eventually. Gratitude is the best step in shifting your thought process in a more positive perspective. Being grateful for the small things really does change the way you think. Gratitude is very powerful.
Old 06-07-2011, 01:06 PM
eyalec

Quote:
Thank you for your reply, the only question I have then is ;
Does it really take years of repeating affirmations to work?

or a little every day , after a week or two, you will start to notice a change in your thought process?

John
I’ve been using it for almost a year, and I’m already seeing significant changes.
Old 06-07-2011, 02:31 PM
Master
Hello John,

Affirmations are one way to shift a person's creative focus towards a productive outcome.

Since your stipulated goal is to do AP, I suggest that you just do it. Practice makes perfect. Follow the guidelines you are using and evaluate your next session by using reflective meditation about it. Speak with your inner guidance about your experience and ask for insights about what you encountered.

AP is not really a goal in itself. Learning about your reason for being is what life is all about. The array of skills we foster are but tools for accomplishing our ultimate objective.

Best Wishes!!
John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/