Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 25-10-2018, 06:50 AM
Guide

I am with Rayden_Greywolf here. The idea that our life is a series of lessons in an endless series of lives is cruel and pernicious.

Even worse if one adds that this has been chosen by ourselves in some way. This is truly blaming the suffering person for their own unhappy state. This is completely unacceptable.
Old 25-10-2018, 07:45 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadville
It's not for members to diagnose others' problems.
Oh good grief lol. You're going to have to try harder to come up with something to criticize. 95% of the posts in this forum are people diagnosing others' problems.

"Your frustration and anger is the problem, you need to deal with that..."

Someone suggesting someone needs to address his self-admitted frustration and anger. Boy, what a concept!
Old 25-10-2018, 08:00 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by markings
I am with Rayden_Greywolf here. The idea that our life is a series of lessons in an endless series of lives is cruel and pernicious.
Okay. And...? Now what? So we just continue to live a miserable life because we're angry and don't like what life is? Because we don't like the idea of harsh life lessons? That's essentially the same as throwing a tantrum when things aren't the way one wants them.

The other option is to take hold of one's life and make things better. Turn life into something that isn't cruel and pernicious. It's a choice. And people are certainly free to choose one or the other life-perspective, no argument there. Do nothing and wish things were different and complain; or do something and accept what is and joyfully create. Everyone has the choice.
Old 25-10-2018, 08:01 AM
leadville

Quote:
Originally Posted by markings

As I understand what's been taught, life in the body is not as described above. Perhaps it's better seen as an opportunity to experience situations that can not be found elsewhere. What's learned from such experience (or experiences) remains in our psyches and has importance. The reasons would best be dealt with in a different discussion.

Quote:
Even worse if one adds that this has been chosen by ourselves in some way. This is truly blaming the suffering person for their own unhappy state. This is completely unacceptable.

Again based on what I understand, the outcome of chosen experiences can not be guaranteed and may turn out very different from what was intended, BUT the choice to try them was our own and not something imposed on us.

I acknowledge that notion can be hard to accept but what's even harder is that we may choose to experience a very difficult situation, a situation that appears to make no sense from an incarnate's perspective. (a further discussion)

All such difficult situations are likely to make little sense because we can not see the overall picture. We simply react in line with the limited understanding we have as the simple humans we presently are.
Old 25-10-2018, 08:16 AM
leadville

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
Oh good grief lol. You're going to have to try harder to come up with something to criticize.
I wasn't trying to come up with something to criticise.

Quote:
95% of the posts in this forum are people diagnosing others' problems.

I don't know if you're right that 95% of postings diagnose others problems but if that figure is correct are you suggesting it's acceptable and proper? If so I guess we expect different standards of behavior.
Old 25-10-2018, 08:59 AM
Master
Quote:
I wasn't trying to come up with something to criticise..
Okay. Nevertheless you directed two very specific critical comments at my reply. Next time, comment on the OP's post instead of others' responses. Simple enough.
Quote:
I don't know if you're right that 95% of postings diagnose others problems but if that figure is correct are you suggesting it's acceptable and proper? If so I guess we expect different standards of behavior.
He said he was frustrated and angry. I said he needs to deal with that. You then quoted that comment of mine, and called it diagnosing. I call it wise advice. You and I have opposing definitions of what an appropriate reply is. The other difference is I leave you free to offer the OP whatever advice you feel is appropriate.
Old 25-10-2018, 09:19 AM
leadville

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
Okay. Nevertheless you directed two very specific critical comments at my reply.

If you felt I criticised your reply then you are, of course, free to reject what I wrote.

Quote:
Next time, comment on the OP's post instead of others' responses.

I reserve my right to comment - within website rules - on anyone's posting.

Quote:
Simple enough.He said he was frustrated and angry. I said he needs to deal with that. You then quoted that comment of mine, and called it diagnosing. I call it wise advice.

On that last point I disagree.

Quote:
You and I have opposing definitions of what an appropriate reply is.
Our approaches differ - about that I agree.

Quote:
The other difference is I leave you free to offer the OP whatever advice you feel is appropriate.

You don't leave me free to do anything - that's not in your remit.

In respect of advice I adopt a simple principle. I will offer it only when I'm confident I know enough about the individual and their needs and when I feel confident I have appropriate experience or knowledge.
Old 25-10-2018, 09:43 AM
Master
Quote:
I reserve my right to comment - within website rules - on anyone's posting.
Now you're just being obstinate. You created the problem by critiquing my reply, then you denied critiquing my reply when I pointed it out, and now you're saying you have the right to critique peoples' replies. Brother, what you just wrote here can be summed up this way: "Nyah-nyah and whatever, I can do what I want according to the site rules, so there." Seriously I mean c'mon.
Old 25-10-2018, 10:07 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayden_Greywolf
Wait, are you saying that the past life suicide was caused by the extra karmic baggage? Maybe I misunderstood you.

I guess I just don't see the worth in all this pain and suffering. I'm frustrated and angry that we would be put through such painful lessons. Its at the root of my depression and why I'm suicidal.

No, what I'm saying is...I overreacted to alot of situations in that life through my own inexperience and emotional/ mental turmoil. These were situations that I went through again in this life....that I initially reacted the same way. I didn't have a grasp on the full
truth. All I seen was my side. In my eyes, I was the victim, I was wronged. I wasn't able to see myself the way others saw me, and I wasn't able to forgive, and take responsibility for my part. Which alot of it was from low self esteem and low self worth. We weren't made in the image of God to have no self worth. We weren't made to live in guilt and shame. We were made in the image of God, which is love.

You can't be living in depression, guilt, shame, hate, hurt, or suicide...and know your self worth. You did not come into the world that way....and you should not leave that way. It's not who you are. Somewhere along the way, you have forgotten this, which you are now being called to lift yourself up to higher principles, consciousness, faith, healing, and truth. It takes work...

This was shown to me, and it changed my Outlook. .it also changed how I cope and deal with things....which changed my emotional, mental and spiritual well being.

That doesn't mean I don't suffer or go through unfair circumstances, it means I don't let it affect me like I use to...which keeps me from falling too hard, or being depressed or suicidal again.

There's no reason for it...if you know the truth. You will face it again, learn from it, handle it differently...and have a different outcome. If you can't change the outcome, you will have gained wisdom to accept it, and not blame yourself.
Old 28-11-2018, 08:22 PM
Seeker

This is a touchy subject but is there any good reason to not commit suicide? I'm not encouraging anyone else to do that but I'm looking at my own situation. Most people say hell doesn't exist. The afterlife sounds a lot nicer than this world.

Obviously there are issues like causing pain to loved ones, and supposedly people who commit suicide experience a degree of regret in the hereafter, but other than that?

If not for my loved ones I wouldn't really see a point in staying on.

I've heard someone say, when the body dies, the mind does not. And it will manifest as something/someone else (ie. you'll just reincarnate into a different person and still be stuck on this planet). Do we not have a choice about reincarnation?