Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 11-12-2021, 04:57 PM
Deactivated Account
After first learning about survival I paid a few visits to local Spiritualist churches as part of my further learning and general development. But I quickly became disillusioned by how many were church regulars, individuals turning up for their weekly messages.

I soon dropped it off and apart from an occasional visit to see particular mediums - Gordon Higginson was one, Colin 'Licoln' Fry another and the last a very young Andy Byng - I have had little association with Spiritualist churches and their mediums. BUT I have always referred seekers to them as I think they provide a wonderful start to their search for understanding. That's in the UK, of course, the USA being a different kettle of fish.

Now I try to serve in the work I do online - I have little else to give so it has to suffice. As for delusional souls they are to be found everywhere in this world and not just in the Spiritualist society - forum-based websites, for example, are a rich source of them!

So I get what you say about mediumship and churches and if as a medium it's not for you then I totally respect your approach. None of us are servants of the spirit and what is done is done in collaboration with our friends unseen. What is done should be only what we feel drawn to do.
Old 11-12-2021, 08:57 PM
Administrator
Ah That is where you are wrong Bobjob you have a lot to offer. your knowledge about spiritualism one thing.
SNU churches i do not like i walked into one and walked straight back out.

I used to go to a Healing Sanctuary now that was something the mediums that i saw there .i have seen well known Mediums i have seen one who i caught out asking questions.

I have seen Doris stokes, Colin fry.the fake and another woman i walked out on her as well.
I think with being a medium myself i tend to Di-sect what they say

Namaste
Old 11-12-2021, 09:00 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
Ah That is where you are wrong Bobjob you have a lot to offer. your knowledge about spiritualism one thing.
SNU churches i do not like i walked into one and walked straight back out.

Not sure which bit I was wrong about Native spirit???
Old 11-12-2021, 10:40 PM
Administrator
It is third paragraph down topline.
Where you say you have Little else to give

Namaste
Old 11-12-2021, 11:50 PM
Guide

Mediumship and Meditation unity.

I would like to share an experience I had back in 1975 when I had just started being involved with spiritualism in Southampton England, at a church meeting
I got talking to a Canadian scientist who was a professor in physics, here on an exchange yearly visit to the UK, we got talking afterwards and he invited me to his home which the university supplied him with, we got talking and he said he had a great difficulty in accepting the reality of God or a higher power, his wife had just gone to bed, and we were alone then, i felt a tremendous energy building up within me, and i then heard myself say to REG, as you are a scientist would you take part in an experiment with me? He seemed intrigued
and said yes, I told him to look at me but focus on the wall behind me, just sit still and do that,as this was happening I could see both my shoulders were covered in golden liquid light, this light ran down my body and started flowing across the floor where Reg was sitting, then the liquid golden light touched his body and there was an uproar and violent shaking of his body,I instinctively came across the room and held both his feet, until the shaking had stopped. Then i said to Reg, what do you think about a higher power now? It took a little while before he could speak, and when he did he said i will never forget this night as long as i live, he went back to Canada shortly after and we both kept in touch for a while, I felt greatful that i was used by the great Spirit to bring a soul into acceptance of a higher power.
Regards michael.
Old 12-12-2021, 12:13 AM
Smile

I love this story!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 12-12-2021, 09:20 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
It is third paragraph down topline.
Where you say you have Little else to give
oh, oops - I misread that sentence and thought I was being told I had gotten something wrong..... Thank you for explaining.
Old 12-12-2021, 02:40 PM
Master
Quote:
EXCERPT I used to go to a Healing Sanctuary now that was something the mediums that i saw there .i have seen well known Mediums i have seen one who i caught out asking questions.
Asking questions (data mining) seems to be a common 'tactic' of 'Mediums'.

I used to go to Seances, especially those involving table tipping, apports, pictures manifested by spirit(s), trumpets, etc. and at first was impressed till I found out how it was done. There are actual 'schools' that teach such shenanigans.

I have seen some real stuff at these places but not by the 'Mediums'.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 12-12-2021, 03:15 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Asking questions (data mining) seems to be a common 'tactic' of 'Mediums'.
Experiencing such events will depend on where one visits..... If the venture is primarily intended as a commercial one you will get what you've paid for - caveat emptor.

A reputable Spiritualist church, however, would not re-book any practitioner purporting to be a medium but failing to demonstrate competency. I am of course speaking only about the UK's Spiritualist Church but other venues may have similar values.
Quote:
I used to go to Seances, especially those involving table tipping, apports, pictures manifested by spirit(s), trumpets, etc. and at first was impressed till I found out how it was done. There are actual 'schools' that teach such shenanigans.
Table-tipping and the like may sometimes be helpful in certain development settings but is otherwise a curiosity and might best be considered entertainment. Practitioners may or may not be mediums and phenomena may or may not be fraudulent. Again, caveat emptor.... The behavior of anyone teaching fraudulent behavior is of course to be deplored and those taking part in such teaching are beyond the pale.
Quote:
I have seen some real stuff at these places but not by the 'Mediums'.
I have no idea what "real stuff" means.
Old 13-12-2021, 11:20 PM
Guide

Mediumship and Meditation unity.

Physical mediumship arose naturally within me almost a spontaneous arising within me, this took the form of transfiguration and could be demonstrated out side in wanted in bright sunlight, i would not touch a red light with a barge pole if one needed a red light then there is a problem i reckon and many fake so called Transfiguration mediums use this red light in a darkened room, i never felt any need for those props and show pieces. My face would become covered in ectoplasm and would appear as a blank pink space, then it would be covered over by the appearance of the one who wanted to show itself to the viewer. male and females would come some males with full beards would appear. To me there are two forms of transfiguration one is the one i have just mentioned, and the other is a far higher form of transfiguration which just involves the practitioner this takes the form of an ascension or rather a high samadhi state where your physical body becomes translated into pure energy and you become a pure white light emanating from within the heart chakra, this is a personalized transfiguration state that in quantum physics would be called a perfect state of "cold fusion" where your whole atomic atoms are raised up into that of pure energy. This state lthough very rarely ever seen can be obtained by any soul who completely surrenders to the all and lets go of all resistance. After this state has been obtained you can return to density and physical life. or you can consciously step out of the body, and move onto other fields of interest,
warmest regards michael.