Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 11-01-2011, 12:32 AM
Master
Life Review

Hey, all.

I was just curious... when a soul crosses over and experiences the life review, are we still able to contact him/her?

My grandmother just passed away; she had heart surgery early this morning, and we just found out the news. So I was wondering whether I could still speak with her while she's going through her life review.

Does anyone know?

Very much appreciated.
~Ev

Old 11-01-2011, 02:34 AM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evaah
Hey, all.

I was just curious... when a soul crosses over and experiences the life review, are we still able to contact him/her?

My grandmother just passed away; she had heart surgery early this morning, and we just found out the news. So I was wondering whether I could still speak with her while she's going through her life review.

Does anyone know?

Very much appreciated.
~Ev

Firstly you can't just speak to folks who've passed over as if they're down the hall... Your grandmother may need time to come to terms with what's happened, and what's happening, to her. Speaking to you - or anyone in her family - may be the farthest thing from her thoughts.

That may quickly, or slowly, change but the so-called life review will take place when she's ready, when it's appropriate for her to consider it. If you had the necessary attributes to be able to reach out to her, if she had the necessary attributes to be able to respond, if she wished to be in contact with you, the life review aspect would be totally inconsequential to achieving success.

But none of the three 'ifs' I've mentioned above are likely to be the case from what you've asked in your posting.
Old 11-01-2011, 03:11 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
Firstly you can't just speak to folks who've passed over as if they're down the hall... Your grandmother may need time to come to terms with what's happened, and what's happening, to her. Speaking to you - or anyone in her family - may be the farthest thing from her thoughts.

That may quickly, or slowly, change but the so-called life review will take place when she's ready, when it's appropriate for her to consider it. If you had the necessary attributes to be able to reach out to her, if she had the necessary attributes to be able to respond, if she wished to be in contact with you, the life review aspect would be totally inconsequential to achieving success.

But none of the three 'ifs' I've mentioned above are likely to be the case from what you've asked in your posting.

Yeah, I understand. But according to my mom, my grandmother really seemed like she was ready to leave - almost like she knew this was her time. Apparently, she was so excited for this surgery (which is a bit odd when you think about it).. and she was making all the preparations and whatnot. My mom said that it sounded like she was planning a trip to Hawaii.

So I think she was ready... and I don't know how long it'll be before I'll be able to communicate with her because of that.

Thanks, mac. We'll see.

Old 11-01-2011, 03:19 AM
mac

Quote:
Yeah, I understand. But according to my mom, my grandmother really seemed like she was ready to leave - almost like she knew this was her time. Apparently, she was so excited for this surgery (which is a bit odd when you think about it).. and she was making all the preparations and whatnot. My mom said that it sounded like she was planning a trip to Hawaii.

So I think she was ready... and I don't know how long it'll be before I'll be able to communicate with her because of that.

Thanks, mac. We'll see.

Am I right in thinking, then, that you're accustomed to contacting those who have passed over?

And maybe you might wan to consider that if your grandmother was so happy contemplating her return to the etheric levels, why do you think she'd want to remain in contact with this side of the divide?
Old 11-01-2011, 03:26 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
Am I right in thinking, then, that you're accustomed to contacting those who have passed over?

And maybe you might wan to consider that if your grandmother was so happy contemplating her return to the etheric levels, why do you think she'd want to remain in contact with this side of the divide?

Oh, heavens, no.

And I'm not wanting her to come back. We can still exchange thoughts between loved ones even when they're back home, right? That's what I feel. Some choose to check up on us, eh?

She knew so many people. She was loved by so many... It wouldn't seem like her to just cut off all contact with those that she knew.

But it's all right. I'll approach this with my gut. However, she better show up for my high school graduation, haha.

Old 11-01-2011, 03:33 AM
mac

Quote:
Oh, heavens, no.

And I'm not wanting her to come back. We can still exchange thoughts between loved ones even when they're back home, right? That's what I feel. Some choose to check up on us, eh?

She knew so many people. She was loved by so many... It wouldn't seem like her to just cut off all contact with those that she knew.

But it's all right. I'll approach this with my gut. However, she better show up for my high school graduation, haha.

I think you may be sending me up now with this conversation so I'll just leave things at that.
Old 11-01-2011, 03:52 AM
Master
Firstly Evaah, my condolences on your loss - it can be a hard thing for us left behind when a beloved family member passes. And wanting to be in contact with them is very natural, I feel.

But remember that she's in a different place now, and is getting used to a different way of thinking, becoming reacquainted with being in spirit. I believe she's safe and comfortable and I don't believe for one second that she's forgotten about you or your family or other loved ones here on earth. It cannot hurt a thing if you send some loving thoughts, reminders of how you love her and memories. More loving thoughts in this world can never go amiss.

And yes, she may indeed come for a visit at your graduation :) she may not, but you just never know!

Old 11-01-2011, 09:18 AM
Ivy

Ive spoken to people who've very recently passed. And if its any consolation, both of them were full of excitement and amazement. But ofcourse there may be those who aren't ready to come back....and those like my grandmother, who have made the decision that when she passed, she wanted to leave the world and to be left in her world, in peace (she wrote it into her funeral to ask people niot to contact her).

So its worth just speaking in your head to your grandmother, and accepting whatever you feel to be the right way for you all.

All the best xx
Old 11-01-2011, 09:16 PM
Experiencer
I'm sorry for your loss, Evaah.

I think our loved ones remain keen to communicate to us that they are well and happy and send us their love. Usually the first thing a spirit seems to do, especially those with very close loved ones, is try to comfort those who are mourning them, trying to explain"I'm right here - I'm not dead, I'm just fine!" and wishing we could hear them. Whether or not you are actually able to communicate with her, know that she can hear you if you speak to her or send her loving thoughts.

Spirits are closer to Earth during the period in which they review their life, and it is common for them to spend time around loved ones during this period (I'm sure she will be at your graduation, if she knows that you want her to be!). Later they move more closely into the spirit world and visit the physical world seldom. But either way, she will always be there for you if you need her.
Old 12-01-2011, 12:07 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaere
Firstly Evaah, my condolences on your loss - it can be a hard thing for us left behind when a beloved family member passes. And wanting to be in contact with them is very natural, I feel.

But remember that she's in a different place now, and is getting used to a different way of thinking, becoming reacquainted with being in spirit. I believe she's safe and comfortable and I don't believe for one second that she's forgotten about you or your family or other loved ones here on earth. It cannot hurt a thing if you send some loving thoughts, reminders of how you love her and memories. More loving thoughts in this world can never go amiss.

And yes, she may indeed come for a visit at your graduation :) she may not, but you just never know!

Thanks, Kaere.
I've been sending loving thoughts. She just has so many loved ones back here on the physical - she must feel overwhelmed!

Well, I suppose I'll simply send her an astral invitation. Haha.

heather: Oh, that's exciting. I would love to hear what she has to say about being back. I just haven't slept since hearing the news (or meditated), so I haven't had the chance to communicate.

West: I appreciate it. This is my first time facing a funeral, so I finally understand what it's all about. Grieving, mourning, etc. It's funny... when I'm alone, I'm fine. But when all the other family members gather, they make things worse, so to speak. I absorb their grief even as I remind myself that my grandma is perfectly fine!

I appreciate all the insight. My grandma has become one of my idols now, because she forgave and forgot the past issues she had with others and made sure everyone was fine and well before returning home.