Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 27-06-2012, 01:23 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonfly1
Jesus wasnt/isnt for any one group or another, love is love regardless whether you are an underdog or a high flyer......our souls are equal and worthy of Divine love equally....as humans we want to think that the Divine (Jesus included) will favour one group and not another, this is not so....it is a purely flesh and blood notion.....ultimately if there is any true judgement it will be given out after we pass back home.....how we conduct ourselves whilst alive will be in the telling.....many blessings xx

Emily....Jesus and all the Divine can be found within......ask and listen.....you are always heard, even if you think you aren't....replies come with feelings, sensations, inner voice......messages can be received in many ways....a line in a book or magazine.....an email with a message sent, music.....so many ways....sometimes it will be a bit of a shock when you are reading, watching or listening and the message is acknowledged by you.....its kind of like a WOW! moment......many blessings to you xx
Spoken beautifully from your inner Christ Consciousness.
Old 27-06-2012, 10:16 AM
S-word

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYFIGO
When I first began doing healing, I prayed to God to send healing through me to the people I wished to be healed. One night, after several weeks of this, I felt as if I were rising up. I thought, "Now THIS has never happened before."

I heard the words, "Now this is what I'm talking about" and then I could see the figure before me. I saw Jesus just as he appears in the Bible. During the vision, I could see energy going from me into him and then from him back into me.

What I thought was interesting is that I was praying to God... and yet Jesus answered and even more interesting is the fact that I do not attend church.

After my experience, I figured I could go see Jesus whenever. I visualized myself rising up to meet him in heaven which seems to be only about 12 feet off the ground. Three years later, I still visit him in person each night. I encourage others to have a "personal" relationship with Jesus. It's pretty amazing. You can ask him anything and he will answer. At first, I was filled with questions... big ones. After the first three... I didn't need answers anymore. I was ready to trust that he had it all covered.

You might try prayer and visualizing meeting him wherever makes sense to you. It could be heaven, or a walk in the garden of Eden or at a table at a cafe. Just tell him the news of your day and your thoughts and fears and feelings. You might be surprised at what he tells you.

There is a really nice little book "Jesus Calling" written by Sarah Young. I think you might enjoy it. You can check it out on Amazon.

He was a travelling western preacher
A healer of renown
He would preach and heal the poor and sick
In every western town.

It was at a local council hall
In a town just north of Bourke
Where many came in search of help
They were broke and out of work.

There he preached his favourite sermons
Then he asked if any there
Were sick or otherwise infirmed
And had need of his healing prayer.

Then a lad walked to the pulpit
A young man of Aussie bearing
And he asked the priest if he could help
In someway, with his hearing.

"Step forward son," the preacher said,
And stuck a finger in his ear;
Then chanting his mighty healing prayer
He asked, "Now can you hear?"

"Oh! I can hear you mate," the young bloke said,
"I hear everything you speak,

But the Hearing where I needs your help
Is in the Courthouse late next week."..... By S-word
Old 27-06-2012, 11:20 AM
Reikichris

KLearn to comtaqct spirit at a development circle, then just ask to contact Jesus (or the Christ, or God) - the process is no different - the resulting conversations are though and it is well worthwhile.

love
chris
Old 27-06-2012, 03:09 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emilyanne-x
Hi guys, I am not Christian but I believe in Jesus Christ, and I believe in the Bible, I would love to be able to contact Jesus Christ, and have a relationship with him.

Can any of you put me in the right direction of how to do this? I would really love to be able to do this

Peace and love, Emily Anne x

People are so caught up with labels. Including, "Christian".

I would say seek out a non denominational Full Gospel church, and attend services.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 27-06-2012, 03:17 PM
S-word

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonfly1
Jesus wasnt/isnt for any one group or another, love is love regardless whether you are an underdog or a high flyer......our souls are equal and worthy of Divine love equally....as humans we want to think that the Divine (Jesus included) will favour one group and not another, this is not so....it is a purely flesh and blood notion.....ultimately if there is any true judgement it will be given out after we pass back home.....how we conduct ourselves whilst alive will be in the telling.....many blessings xx

Emily....Jesus and all the Divine can be found within......ask and listen.....you are always heard, even if you think you aren't....replies come with feelings, sensations, inner voice......messages can be received in many ways....a line in a book or magazine.....an email with a message sent, music.....so many ways....sometimes it will be a bit of a shock when you are reading, watching or listening and the message is acknowledged by you.....its kind of like a WOW! moment......many blessings to you xx

[Dragonfly 1 Wrote]....as humans we want to think that the Divine (Jesus included) will favour one group and not another, this is not so....it is a purely flesh and blood notion

Then who are the elect and chosen ones who will take the thrones that have been prepared for them and will judge the whole world, including the angels with Justice? The death of Christ may save all, but all will not be allowed into the presence of our Lord God. Revelation 3: 21; It is only those who are able to win the victory over the ruler of this world, who are invited to sit beside our brother Jesus in the throne of Godhead to the creation, which throne belongs to our Father.

John 20: 17; go to my brothers and tell them that I am ascending to Him who is my Father and their Father, to my God who is their God, John 17: 9; "I pray for them. I do not pray for the world but for those you gave me, for they belong to you."
Old 27-06-2012, 03:24 PM
Master

Quote:
I have thought about praying, on a regular basis, so I' think I will put that into action!
Praying is good but by itself it isn't enough. You can speak to Jesus through prayer but if you hope to contact him you must listen to him as well. The only way to do that is by reading the gospels and ask God to give you the wisdom to understand them. It would probably be best to do this first and find out what he has to say to you before you spend much time talking to him.
Old 27-06-2012, 03:24 PM
S-word

Quote:
Hi guys, I am not Christian but I believe in Jesus Christ, and I believe in the Bible, I would love to be able to contact Jesus Christ, and have a relationship with him.

Can any of you put me in the right direction of how to do this? I would really love to be able to do this

Peace and love, Emily Anne x

Only when you come to know who you are and become an obedient servant to He who was in the beginning and has become who you are, will you be known.

I must be true to "Who I Am," the only name under the heavens by which we are saved.
Old 27-06-2012, 04:27 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by S-word
Only when you come to know who you are and become an obedient servant to He who was in the beginning and has become who you are, will you be known.

I must be true to "Who I Am," the only name under the heavens by which we are saved.

It's good to have head knowledge, S.

However, nothing takes the place of power, and Jesus stated that "All power and authority has been given to Him in Heaven and Earth."

Now, scripture states, "The joy of the Lord is our strength", and, "God inhabits the praises of His people."
A non denominational Full Gospel setting has a format of praise involving it. Involving shouts to God and heaven, and therein is power and strength. And, things will happen in that type of service, including the miraculous.

I recall once in my early 20's meeting up with a firend from school, shared with him about my faith, and invited him to a Full Gospel church service that I was going to attend. He said "sure" but, really didn't know much about full gospel services.
He probably was expecting a typical church service, sing a few hymns, listen to a sermon.

So, in the service, when we were all standing raising our arms and hands and shouting and singing praises to God, full of joy, a black girl in back of us began really getting into it in loud manner and then was, "slain in the Spirit", and fell down... he wasn't sure what he had gotten into, but, it made an impact.

Most everyone has seen a depiction of a black baptist service where no one is to intimidated about shouting out a little, or alot.

What we give out we recieve multiplied back to us.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 27-06-2012, 09:00 PM
S-word

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
It's good to have head knowledge, S.

However, nothing takes the place of power, and Jesus stated that "All power and authority has been given to Him in Heaven and Earth."

Now, scripture states, "The joy of the Lord is our strength", and, "God inhabits the praises of His people."
A non denominational Full Gospel setting has a format of praise involving it. Involving shouts to God and heaven, and therein is power and strength. And, things will happen in that type of service, including the miraculous.

I recall once in my early 20's meeting up with a firend from school, shared with him about my faith, and invited him to a Full Gospel church service that I was going to attend. He said "sure" but, really didn't know much about full gospel services.
He probably was expecting a typical church service, sing a few hymns, listen to a sermon.

So, in the service, when we were all standing raising our arms and hands and shouting and singing praises to God, full of joy, a black girl in back of us began really getting into it in loud manner and then was, "slain in the Spirit", and fell down... he wasn't sure what he had gotten into, but, it made an impact.

Most everyone has seen a depiction of a black baptist service where no one is to intimidated about shouting out a little, or alot.

What we give out we recieve multiplied back to us.

I don't believe the Testimonies of people that I do not personally know, and even then? I believe only that they might be true, or that the person may themselves believe it is true, or they made the story up to prove a point.

But for what it's worth, here's my testimony.

When my daughter, who is now in her mid forties and who is a wonderful asset to society helping all that she comes in contact with and who are in need of help, was about 16, she began to take an interest in organised religion, so I took her to a well known charasmatic church.

After being hugged and slobbered on by some pompous, pious and pretentious people, the pastor called some of the congregation to the fore of the church, where he called on the spirit of the Lord to come in. placing his hand on the head of each person, they immediately collapsed to the floor writhing around like some demented demon possessed people. It was then that the daughter, in who you will find no guile, said, "O Dad, get me out of here!" as we walked past the performers on the floor, I said to them, "Get up you flamin idots, you're fooling no one, not even yourselves," and guess what? Each and everyone stopped squirming around and looked up at us.

I guess we frightened christ out of them.

Last edited by S-word : 27-06-2012 at 11:44 PM.
Old 27-06-2012, 10:50 PM
Master
Quote:
After being hugged and slobbered on by some pompous, pious and pretentious people, the pastor called some of the congregation to the fore of the church, where he called on the spirit of the Lord to come in. placing his hand on the head of each person, they immediately collapsed to the floor writhing around like some demented demon possessed people. It was then that the daughter, in who you will find no guile, said, "O Dad, get me out of here!" as we walked past the performers on the floor, I said to them, "Get up you flamin idots, you're fooling no one, not even yourselves," and guess what? Each and everyone stooped squirming around and looked up at us.

I guess we frightened christ out of them

S-, Spoken like A true Orthodox!
Nevertheles, again, you have to assess each individual congregation, as previously cited.
Now, some of these churches require people to speak in tongues or do certain things in order to be a member.
They are not, for the most part non denominational. They will be "Pentecostal", or "Church of God", ir similar. Which I disagree with.

True Joy, and the power of the Lord is obvious, however.