Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Art

Old 19-06-2012, 06:58 PM
Guide
Smile Illumine's energetic art

Since I've been feeling so inspired I thought I'd break out my graphics tablet and see what I can do. Digital illustration is not something I do often so my works may not have much finesse at the moment but for me, this was a task to try and capture some energies/essences – I've been wanting to do this for some time but wasn't sure whether I could so I just had a go. The ocean is very special to me, so I tried to portray some of the emotion and energy I get from being near it:

This last image is pretty symbolic and personal but it is still to do with the ocean:

Please do share your thoughts on these. I wasn't sure whether to post them or not but I thought it was more important about capturing the essence of the sea rather than having a brilliantly styled piece
Old 19-06-2012, 07:06 PM
Master

I can't believe you've been hiding this little talent!

Old 19-06-2012, 07:11 PM
Master
Oh ~ these are delightful and the colors! I too love the ocean. I love your artwork, Illumine.

Old 19-06-2012, 07:14 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illumine

They're all lovely but I like this one in particular... I love how you've managed to capture the motion of the water.

Old 19-06-2012, 07:35 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evaah

I can't believe you've been hiding this little talent!
Oh you . I've never made art much for myself so I didn't think there was much to hide. I tried my best, me and my graphics tablet are getting acquainted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
Oh ~ these are delightful and the colors! I too love the ocean. I love your artwork, Illumine.
Thank you for the kind words! The ocean is very inspiring...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaere
They're all lovely but I like this one in particular... I love how you've managed to capture the motion of the water.
Yes I was really pleased how this one turned out, thank you!

Thank you for the encouragement everyone, I won't give up quite yet
Old 20-06-2012, 11:06 AM
Guide
Done a new one. Had a lovely akashic meditation earlier and went dancing round the world so I tried to draw part of it:

I had to laugh though, on Tinypic it now asks you to type in a phrase before uploading to prevent spam... what was mine? Mother Earth. Ah... signs
Old 20-06-2012, 05:46 PM
Master
It's beautiful - yeah, signs! I love the ribbons of color in your paintings.

Old 09-07-2012, 04:11 PM
Guide
I decided to try a new style this time. Think I was almost getting in the zone listening to my ocean waves soundtrack

Old 09-07-2012, 04:46 PM
Master
Hmmm... do I see a style resemblance here?

Old 09-07-2012, 04:57 PM
Guide
LOL yes XD. Didn't really notice until I was done. I wanted to go for a softer style and see how it worked, it's kind of how I wanted it, but I think next time I want the colours to blend together even more, not sure how that will work out.

I switched to Photoshop because Illustrator was being a pain.. couldn't figure out how to get a brush similar to what I was using before in the other images so thought I'd try a softer look . Still looking for a technique that suits me I think.. *keep trying*