Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Taoism

Old 02-07-2011, 08:16 AM
I-Ching

Quote:
Originally Posted by TzuJanLi
It is your own "imperfect mental speculation" that chooses by what you 'like' or prefer about various beliefs, or that even chooses a 'belief' at all.. it is your own "imperfect mental speculation" that assumes I Ching to be your "guide".. that is the nature of 'belief', it is unfounded and based on preferences..
Everyone must choose to have faith in something. You choose to believe that you came from a soup. The atheist choose to believe that there is no God and that the reality of the senses is everything.
The theist chooses to believe in God and follow some scripture according to his sincerity.
Those who choose to be atheists do so because they are of low character and stupid. They don't want to submit themselves to process of religion which is given to help human beings to re-link(legion) with God. They are also stupid because the existence of God is an obvious fact as I have already shown, by the life comes life argument and there are many other good arguments.
Different scriptures are at different levels according to the spiritual development of the people they were given to. One who is sincere will find the best scripture and that is the Vedas given in bonafida disciplic succession. To make advancement a Guidance is required from a pure Teacher, such Teachers are obviously very rare in this degraded age and therefore the I-Ching offers the best form of Guidance.
Old 02-07-2011, 10:54 AM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-Ching
Everyone must choose to have faith in something. You choose to believe that you came from a soup. The atheist choose to believe that there is no God and that the reality of the senses is everything.
The theist chooses to believe in God and follow some scripture according to his sincerity.
Those who choose to be atheists do so because they are of low character and stupid. They don't want to submit themselves to process of religion which is given to help human beings to re-link(legion) with God. They are also stupid because the existence of God is an obvious fact as I have already shown, by the life comes life argument and there are many other good arguments.
Different scriptures are at different levels according to the spiritual development of the people they were given to. One who is sincere will find the best scripture and that is the Vedas given in bonafida disciplic succession. To make advancement a Guidance is required from a pure Teacher, such Teachers are obviously very rare in this degraded age and therefore the I-Ching offers the best form of Guidance.
Your use of the term 'stupid' is offensive, your claims of seeking a path of Tao, God, or enlightenment are not evident by your hostile and offensive nature.. your style of engaging in conflict and asserting 'your' superior understandings indicate a narrow and misguided understanding of your own existence and its relationship with Life..

Be well..
Old 03-07-2011, 09:43 AM
I-Ching

Quote:
Your use of the term 'stupid' is offensive, your claims of seeking a path of Tao, God, or enlightenment are not evident by your hostile and offensive nature.. your style of engaging in conflict and asserting 'your' superior understandings indicate a narrow and misguided understanding of your own existence and its relationship with Life..

I am offensive to atheists because Krishna is offensive to them in the Bhagavad-Gita 7.15 he says “Those miscreants who are grossly foolish, who are lowest among mankind, whose knowledge is stolen by illusion, and who partake of the atheistic nature of demons do not surrender unto Me.”. Considering your atheistic mentality I hard think your opinion of what is “spiritual” is of any value. If you deny that atheism is stupid and that Krishna’s philosophy isn’t superior then try to prove that it isn’t. What is the use of simply criticizing my character, it shows you have no valid counter-argument and your own lack of character. Why not be humble and accept that atheism is stupid and superiority of Krishna’s philosophy.
Old 03-07-2011, 01:59 PM
Sentientno1

I-Ching,
Namaste.

You are Bhakti, no? Is not bhakti loving all things for the spirit of god that is within them? Has Krishna said he hated those with atheistic nature? He says rather that thier knowledge is stolen by illusion...this is true of almost every living person. Are you without illusion? Illusion is a matter of karma, and the Gita a treatise on how to negate karma.
Bhakti is a path of supreme love, a love that does not see boundries of difference but rather the same connection, god being the proginator of all things, and loving all things as god, whether these things ( people) know thier proginator or not, it makes no difference for god is still there, to be loved.
Bhakti is not restricted to meditation, it is a life way where all actions are dedicated to god out of love, no fruits are claimed out of love, life becomes a walking, sleeping, working,speaking, eating, defecating, path of dedicated love. It seeks to build in self and others the awareness of god as everything. Whether or not others accept this is of no matter as long as the results are lovingly offered to god even as the action takes place.
Yes, bhakti also uses elements of karma yoga. None of the yogas stand alone, all use elements of the others tho there is emphasis on one.

When you read the Gita read for 10 mins and reflect on what you've read for 30 mins. Read with your mind, then read with your heart, then your mind again. It is a deep book and no understanding will come with just 6 or 7 readings, revelation comes time after time if an attempt is made to live it between readings. It is after all a telling of the universal nature of things, not to be understood easily, there is layer after layer of meaning that opens up when a dedicated life is lived to understand the nature of the world.

Om Tat Sat Om Aham Brahmasmi--is equaly true for others tho they know it or not
Old 03-07-2011, 02:56 PM
pre-dawn

Quote:
I am offensive to atheists because Krishna is offensive to them in the Bhagavad-Gita 7.15 he says “Those miscreants who are grossly foolish, who are lowest among mankind, whose knowledge is stolen by illusion, and who partake of the atheistic nature of demons do not surrender unto Me.”. Considering your atheistic mentality I hard think your opinion of what is “spiritual” is of any value. If you deny that atheism is stupid and that Krishna’s philosophy isn’t superior then try to prove that it isn’t. What is the use of simply criticizing my character, it shows you have no valid counter-argument and your own lack of character. Why not be humble and accept that atheism is stupid and superiority of Krishna’s philosophy.
You should really try to be better than Krishna.
If you tried that you might see that some forms of atheism do not have to stand back behind any other spiritual philosophy.
Old 03-07-2011, 03:07 PM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:
I am offensive. Why not be humble and accept that atheism is stupid and superiority of Krishna’s philosophy.
I accept neither condition, i pay attention to what 'is'.. i am not attached to anything, i observe the results of 'attachment' in others and conclude its uselessness..

Be well..
Old 03-07-2011, 05:31 PM
Rivendoah

'Chip on Shoulder' I-Ching... what do you think that means?
Old 04-07-2011, 01:11 PM
I-Ching

Quote:

I accept neither condition, i pay attention to what 'is'.. i am not attached to anything, i observe the results of 'attachment' in others and conclude its uselessness..
The nature of consciousness is that we are desire to experience pleasure and are therefore are attached to sources of our pleasure. For those with an atheistic mentality, there only source of pleasure is the body and senses and therefore it is not possible for them to attain detachment or even to understand the meaning of the word. The theists experience pleasure on spiritual platform due to their relationship with God and can therefore be factually materially detachment.
Old 04-07-2011, 01:12 PM
I-Ching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentientno1
You are Bhakti, no? Is not bhakti loving all things for the spirit of god that is within them? Has Krishna said he hated those with atheistic nature? He says rather that thier knowledge is stolen by illusion...this is true of almost every living person. Are you without illusion? Illusion is a matter of karma, and the Gita a treatise on how to negate karma.

Bhakti or Love can take many forms. Hanuman burned Lanka out of Love for Rama. Arjuna fought the battle Kurukshetra out of Love. The impersonalists have a sentimental understanding that bhakti means to be nice to everyone and be free of emotion, but Bhagavad-Gita is set on a battlefield and it is about the battle between good and evil. To sit by and allow nonsense flourish is to incur karma.
Old 04-07-2011, 06:06 PM
Sentientno1

I-Ching,

Thank you for your reply.

dharma keshetra, Kuru keshetra...the story is about the internal battle between duty and heart, and yoga which unites the two and transcends them to the final realisation of the impersonal reality from which all is manifested including those who know and those who do not know.

Arjuna is the atman, the horses are the mind, the body the charriot and Krishna that which inhabits all bodies. If you will notice, Krishna while giving advice, does not do battle with the entities, you will also notice the names of the enemies are those which every human faces in thier lifetime. The battle takes place within each of us, the battle is internal and personal. The external world cannot be changed, all your karma lies in your chakras, with the three gunas as the trigger.
Any one of the yogas you focus on the most, is a way to change the predominance of the gunas to sattwa, and then even that must be left behinde. All is internal where all understanding lies. THAT is where the battle is

Unless asked otherwise this is the last i'll say on what may be unwanted dialog.

shanti