Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Taoism

Old 29-06-2011, 04:59 AM
pre-dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by TzuJanLi
Why do you think this is so? Wei Wu Wei is the pen name of an author named: The use of 'wei wu wei' as a Taoist principle is fairly recent, on the other hand, Wu Wei is a Taoist tenet or principle as follows:
Thanks for pointing this out. My confusion and mistake.
Old 29-06-2011, 08:43 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by I-Ching
Why don’t I take some bows and arrows and hunt you and then you can tell me after you got a few arrows in you if there is anything cruel about it. “such things as compassion for them were just a part of the whole of nature”, I don’t know what this is supposed to mean, but compassion is meant to part of human nature, something that separates us from beasts.

In that case you would act out of cruelty.

Quote:
Well I hate to break it to you, but you are not an eskimo, they have nothing else to eat so what can they do. You on the other hand are simply eating innocent animals for your own selfish pleasure.

I live in a city now, but when I was young I lived far from here where a man lives with a green growing jungle. I can tell you yourself never subsisted on the natural environment, and very few people have... but I have subsisted on the jungle and on the sea which makes a man no less compassionate, yet I killed every day.
Old 29-06-2011, 01:47 PM
I-Ching

Quote:
Originally Posted by windwhistle
Life is hard and complicated
Yes life is hard and complicated. In the Bhagavad-Gita Arjuna was in similar condition of being confused and lamenting about the difficulty of life. Krishna then acted as his Guide and removed his illusion. You can use I-Ching to communicate with your guide and then life will be peaceful.
Old 29-06-2011, 01:52 PM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:
Yes life is hard and complicated. In the Bhagavad-Gita Arjuna was in similar condition of being confused and lamenting about the difficulty of life. Krishna then acted as his Guide and removed his illusion. You can use I-Ching to communicate with your guide and then life will be peaceful.
Your description of I Ching is inconsistent with its function.. you are blinded by your preconceptions and beliefs..

Be well..
Old 30-06-2011, 09:22 AM
Topology

Quote:
Many animals are vegetarian, that does make them enlightened. But the idea of an enlightened meat-eater shows a fundamental lack of understanding of what enlightenment is.

It is only common sense that if you break the leg off a dog, it will suffer more than if you break the branch off a tree.

Yes, I condemn meat-eaters, especially those who claim to be spiritual leaders.

I-Ching, you seem to sling your POV around like a sledge hammer. Could you please give a definition of what enlightenment means to you. And could you please detail where you are in relationship to that definition? Are you enlightened, aspiring to be, how close, etc. You seem to have some resolute ideas about spirituality, and I'd like to know what their basis is.
Old 30-06-2011, 11:49 AM
I-Ching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topology
Could you please give a definition of what enlightenment means to you. And could you please detail where you are in relationship to that definition? Are you enlightened, aspiring to be, how close, etc. You seem to have some resolute ideas about spirituality, and I'd like to know what their basis is.

To me enlightenment means pure Love for God(Krishna). I am on the level where I have a fixed regulated spiritual practice and I have firm faith in my Guru; I am still a long way from perfection though. My philosophy is based on the Vedas, specifically Vaishnavism, acintya-bheda-abheda-tattva which is simultaneous inconceivable oneness and difference with God. My Guru is Sri Vallabhacharya whom I communicate with through the I-Ching.
Old 30-06-2011, 12:25 PM
Topology

Quote:
To me enlightenment means pure Love for God(Krishna). I am on the level where I have a fixed regulated spiritual practice and I have firm faith in my Guru; I am still a long way from perfection though. My philosophy is based on the Vedas, specifically Vaishnavism, acintya-bheda-abheda-tattva which is simultaneous inconceivable oneness and difference with God. My Guru is Sri Vallabhacharya whom I communicate with through the I-Ching.

You mention perfection, is that one of your goals on the path, to obtain perfection? Of what?

How did you come to be on this path and how do you know it is the right path?

Are you concerned with knowing Truth? What method do you use to discover and approach Truth?

When do you admit when you're wrong? How do you discover when you're in the wrong?
Old 01-07-2011, 01:15 PM
I-Ching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topology
You mention perfection, is that one of your goals on the path, to obtain perfection? Of what?

How did you come to be on this path and how do you know it is the right path?

Are you concerned with knowing Truth? What method do you use to discover and approach Truth?

When do you admit when you're wrong? How do you discover when you're in the wrong?
My goal is to realize my dormant Love for God; that is perfection.

I came to this path through comparing different philosophies until I found one that I knew was the Truth. When I first read Bhagavad-Gita I cried, it was like an epiphany, it had everything I liked about Buddhism, everything I liked about Christianity and other things that I had never thought of. It was so perfect that I knew it had to be of Divine Origin. Practicing the process of bhakti-yoga further reinforced my faith because I could feel God starting to reciprocate with me. At the same time I started using the I-Ching, I wasn’t very impressed by the Hare Krishna organization, but realized that I could use the I-Ching as my Guide.

The scriptures reveal the Truth in a broad aspect but to know how to live that Truth and incorporate it into our lives we need Guidance, from a pure soul. That pure soul is immediately accessible through the I-Ching.

By not relying on our own imperfect mental speculation and always asking the I-Ching if we are doing the right thing, we can stay on the path of Divine Will and lead this world out of ignorance.
Old 01-07-2011, 03:23 PM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:

I came to this path through comparing different philosophies until I found one that I knew was the Truth. When I first read Bhagavad-Gita I cried, it was like an epiphany, it had everything I liked about Buddhism, everything I liked about Christianity and other things that I had never thought of. It was so perfect that I knew it had to be of Divine Origin. Practicing the process of bhakti-yoga further reinforced my faith because I could feel God starting to reciprocate with me. At the same time I started using the I-Ching, I wasn’t very impressed by the Hare Krishna organization, but realized that I could use the I-Ching as my Guide.

The scriptures reveal the Truth in a broad aspect but to know how to live that Truth and incorporate it into our lives we need Guidance, from a pure soul. That pure soul is immediately accessible through the I-Ching.

By not relying on our own imperfect mental speculation and always asking the I-Ching if we are doing the right thing, we can stay on the path of Divine Will and lead this world out of ignorance.
It is your own "imperfect mental speculation" that chooses by what you 'like' or prefer about various beliefs, or that even chooses a 'belief' at all.. it is your own "imperfect mental speculation" that assumes I Ching to be your "guide".. that is the nature of 'belief', it is unfounded and based on preferences..

Be well..
Old 02-07-2011, 05:06 AM
Topology

Quote:

Its sounds like you're following your own guidance, that you feel like something external to you is guiding you to Truth. Is it possible that when other people follow their guidance they are led to something different than you? And is that acceptable and appropriate, that they believe and live differently than you so long as they are following their highest guidance?

Quote:

People find their guidance in many different places, and many do not receive guidance through the I-Ching. Is this acceptable to you?

Quote:

I have spent a lot of time studying communication, knowledge, learning, language, psychology, etc. What I have come to realize is that you never escape "mental speculation" as you call it. We are always interpreting the information coming in against a backdrop of presumed belief and previous experience. Different people will interpret differently. Simply looking at the sea of varying belief, if we are to assume that there is only one true interpretation then only 1 in 6 billion is able to be "right".

Is it possible that two people can be following their inner guidance and highest truth but be lead in apparently opposite directions within the world?