Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Interfaith

Old 12-05-2015, 08:42 PM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serrao
This could be true. Both are persons who were very interested in understanding Life.
Another possibilty could be that Buddha and Jesus are two different souls.

yeah, both may have been very interested in the understanding of life, but they both went in different directions about explaining it lol...

I think every living thing has a soul, but I don't think the 'soul' itself is anything significantly special...

maybe more so to do with the heart and how you affect other hearts in your lifetime...
Old 12-05-2015, 09:02 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoyay7
yeah, both may have been very interested in the understanding of life, but they both went in different directions about explaining it lol...
Are you suggesting now that Buddha and Jesus are not the same person?

Quote:
I think every living thing has a soul, but I don't think the 'soul' itself is anything significantly special...
My believe is that every living being is very special and has the potential to be even a model for other beings.

Quote:
maybe more so to do with the heart and how you affect other hearts in your lifetime...
Very true. For me indeed it is important to treat others right.
Old 12-05-2015, 09:10 PM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

Quote:
Are you suggesting now that Buddha and Jesus are not the same person?

My believe is that every living being is very special and has the potential to be even a model for other beings.

Very true. For me indeed it is important to treat others right.

they never shared exact experiences or even remotely similar..also, their minds would have been personal to themselves.....but they were both human beings who were at one with every other human being and living being/nature etc as one in what we call the universe....but ofcourse they were separate from a personal direct experience view..

I don't think we as a 'one' is all that special tbh...ofcourse, we like to think that, which comes down to ego etc...but we cant really think anything that means that much, in relation to how we feel with love....we do feel love, so that is true and something you can actually experience through feeling...everything else 'thoughts wise' are just part of the labelling process..imo :)
Old 13-05-2015, 01:27 AM
wanderlusterer

Chill guys, we all come from the same place and in some sense, are the same person

But, it think christ and buddha were two different "souls", as in buddha did not reincarnate as christ, or vice versa. After enlightenment i believe they returned to god and didnt reincarnate anymore.
Old 13-05-2015, 05:23 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlusterer
After enlightenment i believe they returned to god and didnt reincarnate anymore.
Are you suggesting that beings have to incarnate until enlightenment is achieved?
I personally see incarnating as an option.
And thus still a possibility after the attainment of enlightenment.
Old 13-05-2015, 11:19 AM
wanderlusterer

Hmm.. I guess its possible? I havent really died yet so i cant tell for sure there is in fact a comic named young saint men or something... Its about jesus and buddha incarnating and taking a vacation in china or japan or something, and there comical day to day adventures in a rented apartment.

But for now my basic idea of incarnation is that sometimes we incarnate as other creatures, in other worlds, other dimentions, planets.. Sometimes into a higher consciousness, sometimes lower, 2 steps forward one step back kind of thing, but all generally heading towards enlightenment i guess?
Old 13-05-2015, 11:34 AM
celest

Incarnate means the descent from heaven of a god or divine being in human or animal form, its different from reincarnation.
Old 13-05-2015, 02:53 PM
Master

Quote:
there is in fact a comic named young saint men or something... Its about jesus and buddha incarnating and taking a vacation in china or japan or something, and there comical day to day adventures in a rented apartment.
This is exactly how I see incarnation too. I believe incarnation always remains a possibility. Whether one is enlightened or not.
One can incarnate to teach the world, just for fun or maybe just for the sake of alternation.

Quote:
But for now my basic idea of incarnation is that sometimes we incarnate as other creatures, in other worlds, other dimentions, planets.. Sometimes into a higher consciousness, sometimes lower, 2 steps forward one step back kind of thing, but all generally heading towards enlightenment i guess?
My personal belief about incarnation differs from yours but it seems we have one thing in common: Living is a never ending phenomenon.
Old 13-05-2015, 03:00 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by celest
Incarnate means the descent from heaven of a god or divine being in human or animal form, its different from reincarnation.
Are you saying that enlightened beings incarnate and beings who haven't attained enlightenment (yet) reincarnate?
Old 13-05-2015, 03:24 PM
celest

Quote:
Are you saying that enlightened beings incarnate and beings who haven't attained enlightenment (yet) reincarnate?

From what I understand Serrao yes. Incarnation is chosen ( Bodhisattvas ) to help others, us regular people are reborn ( I don't believe in reincarnation ) until we pay our karmic debt.