Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 06-05-2014, 05:39 AM
Rarthyr500

I'm Afraid To Communicate With God

I'm afraid that when I die I might ask God to destroy me the nagging thoughts in my mind, can they destroy me?
Old 07-05-2014, 12:12 AM
yumi14

God is only unconditional love. There is nothing to be afraid of when talking to him.

I would start talking to him now. To ask him to relieve you of the burdens you have with your nagging thoughts. Trust that he will hear you. Trust that he will love you no matter what.
Old 07-05-2014, 01:06 AM
Master
That may be. However, how are you going to get out of talking to God eventually? Seems, you might do it now and get on the 'right' track.
Old 07-05-2014, 02:06 AM
Master
Hello Rarthy500.
I too agree with above two posts.
Have faith. Have no fear.
When fear knocked on the door (have faith, have no fear), we open the door, and found that fear was not there.
Old 07-05-2014, 03:02 AM
Rarthyr500

I've heard that the "nagging thought" or the linguistic brain that little voice in our head is turned off or HAS to be turned off in order to communicate with God, is this correct?
Old 07-05-2014, 03:46 AM
Rarthyr500

I don't mean talking to God in the here and now I mean talking to God in the afterlife.
Old 07-05-2014, 03:58 AM
Master
Hello Rarthyr500.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rarthyr500
I've heard that the "nagging thought" or the linguistic brain that little voice in our head is turned off or HAS to be turned off in order to communicate with God, is this correct?
My understanding of God as being Unconditional Love and Truth, is that it is unconditional. That is, communication is always available.
Quieting, slowing, softening, or humbling, your mind is an advantage, but not necessarily so either.
God has mysterious ways of providing you with whatever truth you require from your communicating to God.

As far as I am concerned, turning off mind is impossible. Quieting it down to non-perception is possible.
The mind is a byproduct of brain activity. As long as the brain is alive, the mind will be active, in one way or another.
Part of Faith, is to be at peace with your thoughts, even in the middle of a crisis. It is in those peaceful moments we allow God's truth to present itself to consciousness.
Such moments may only be for a second of time - enough to get the message across. Some people call this moment "a moment of clarity".

Let go, let God. Is a good motto to have in times of tension, distraction, confusion, etc.
Old 07-05-2014, 04:02 AM
Master
Sorry Rarthyr500.
I have not heard of nagging thoughts in the afterlife.
Old 07-05-2014, 04:41 AM
Rarthyr500

So are we naturally perfect/at peace in the afterlife? Unable to do any wrong/harm? Or cause harm to come upon us?
Old 07-05-2014, 04:51 AM
Master
Hello Rarthyr500.
My understanding is that any entity in the afterlife only has the power of suggestion. What we do with that suggestion is up to us. (In my humble opinion).