Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 05-05-2014, 09:22 AM
Newbie ;)

I feel horrible when I think about death.

Hi guys, I've had this problem ever since I was 12 years old that have been effecting me a lot recently and I really don't know how to solve it. The concept of dying scares me and as much as I try, I can't see to place my trust in the spiritual concept of death. When I think about dying, I think about nothingness and not existing and it feels like there is this empty hole where my heart is and I feel so much fear that I can't even go through my daily life.

Please, anyone, if there is just some way for me to feel calm about this, or have some sort of closure on the thought of dying, please guide me. I don't want to feel this fear any more and I need concrete proof that I have nothing to fear.

Thank you so much for your time and concern.
Old 05-05-2014, 10:08 AM
Master
Hello Kiiro.

Death and dying are two different things.
Dying is a process that generally leads to death of the body. Each person deals with that process, or the possibility of experiencing that process, in their own way.
For me, if I am to experience dying, I hope to embrace it lovingly from day to day. I feel that by doing it that way I will not fear it.

Death is another matter. I am not concerned about death. As far as I am concerned I will not experience death. Why?
If there is life after death, I will not experience death because I will be alive.
If there is no life after death, I will not experience death because I am dead.

Hope this will be of help, as it has for me.
Old 05-05-2014, 10:13 AM
Master

I can understand how you feel. I think a lot of people feel like you. The thought of death is ugly and scary. If you look at it in another way, it is wonderful. There are cultures that think death is wonderful and they celebrate death. They celebrate the person going on to another place or chapter. There are no more worries, such as, not having enough money, job issues, getting old and frail, sickness etc. Our soul lives on when we die. Our body is dead but we are still alive. I am not afraid of death. If I think about death then yes it is awful. If you think passed that, it is wonderful. I do not want to die, I have a life here. I got into astral projection and I know that we do not die. I have experienced it for myself. I can tell you things but it is meaningless unless you experience things for yourself. Unfortunately no one can prove it to you.
Old 05-05-2014, 12:53 PM
Newbie ;)

Thank you so much for your replies.

@Visitor, I feel like I do not fear the concept of dying, but rather the finality of death. I know that rationally if there is no life after death, well I would not be concious to know it but the thought of that brings up a horrible irrational fear for me. It's just something I have to slowly accept, I guess.

@astralsuzy, I do hope to one day feel and believe the same as you. I chanced upon this forum by searching about astral projection as a way to calm my fears and while I have no been sucessful in my attempts, I'm working towards that in the future. I believe that with ap I may just find the reassurance I want.
Old 05-05-2014, 08:42 PM
Administrator
There is nothing to fear of death as their is only a continuation of life,i am a medium and have given messages to people like yourself,from theit loved ones in spirit,believe me there is no need to fear death.

Namaste
Old 05-05-2014, 09:23 PM
Master

There is quite a lot of reading material on the subject of dying and what happens after (check out www.abebooks.com and amazon.com).

It is like any other subject you take in school; you study and you learn. The more you learn, the less fearful you will become. But no one can make you study. Only you can do that.

Good luck.
Old 05-05-2014, 11:41 PM
Master
Hello Kiiro.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiiro
Thank you so much for your replies.

@Visitor, I feel like I do not fear the concept of dying, but rather the finality of death. I know that rationally if there is no life after death, well I would not be concious to know it but the thought of that brings up a horrible irrational fear for me. It's just something I have to slowly accept, I guess.
I can relate to what you wrote.
For me, in this situation, relates to my fear of losing everything I have worked so hard, in building up meaning, in my life.

If you can relate to that. Then try and accept that everything, over time, will come and go, like the waves on a beach.
I am now 60 y.o. For all that time, things have been built up, and chopped down (either by others, progress, spiritual growth, self-sabotage, etc). All things will pass, including our worldly meaning of life.

I once complained to a friend about not being about to let go of a certain fear. She said, "Well, stop hanging on!"
It freed me.
Old 06-05-2014, 01:52 AM
Newbie ;)

@Native spirit, thank you for your kind words, they do mean a lot to me, especially that "death is a continuation of life".

@linen53, thanks for the advice, my research so far has only been confined to fervent searches on the internet but I'll definitely look up a few books on the afterlife. Strangely, just the other day my friend recommended a book to me about the afterlife after I was telling her about my worries!

@Visitor, yes I definitely relate to your fear of losing everything you have worked hard for. You're more than 3 times my age and knowing that you are do not fear death brings assurance to me that with time I would be able to come to terms with it and accept it as a natural course of life.
Old 06-05-2014, 01:59 AM
Experiencer

Death should not be scary! It has been known that earth is so bad, it is considered "hell" it is the hardest planet to live on, free will, is actually kind of a curse. We are a slefish, greedy, society, and you should be thankful your soul was brave enough to choose to live here! so if anything, you should he happy to leave here. Once we die, we go back to the europhoric feeling ofe oneness...of love and hope and happiness. If anything, you should be excited about death...I honestly cant wait...not like I am suicidal or anything, but I am far from afraid.
Old 06-05-2014, 05:37 AM
Pathfinder

You CANNOT be CONSCIOUS of being UNCONSCIOUS.
1000 years in unconsciousness = not even a second of experience.
You can't experience the void.
Many people deny death and live with it, that you are facing it, is a start,
think more of it, scare yourself more and more, and one day you will get so used to it, that you won't care at all.
Face death, kill death.