Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Welcome to Spiritual Forums > Welcome

Old 12-07-2016, 01:30 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze
It's quite natural and understandable for there to be an element of fear when going through the process of spiritual growth. It necessarily requires outgrowing and gradually letting go of (relinquishing) the preexisting identity (sense of 'self') - the one that was rooted in the physical body, the influence of the physical/egoic mind, and in the conditioning from the human experience. So during the journey there is a sense of losing yourself (which in reality is your former sense of self) - and there is uncertainty as to what will remain and what will fill the void. It can feel painful to let go of what was once so familiar. But you know in order to finally find your real self/nature, it's necessary that you lose your old self so that can happen. Out with the old and in with the new. Taking down the old foundation so that you can rebuild a brand new and even greater foundation. Perhaps it will be helpful for you to gain a sense that a lot of the fear that is generated is specifically rooted in how the physical/egoic mind reacts to internal changes and growth that will serve to bring you to the awareness and realization that you exist above and independent of the physical body and mind. So it's not so much that your highest nature/aspect/identity is scared of this growth process - but the more limited aspect/identity which will more or less lose its former influence over your state of Consciousness. And sometimes the degree of fear that is present is functional in the sense that awareness expansion and spiritual growth needs to unfold in its proper place and time. If too much fear & resistance is present for an individual and it's overwhelming - that may be a good sign/indication to slow things down and perhaps even delay the process until the time comes when the individual is more prepared to proceed further along the path. So it can at times be functional in that way - influencing the individual not to move at too fast of pace... There is nothing wrong with the slow & steady approach either. When the ball really gets rolling again you will be better prepared to process what is transpiring within you because you have more experience under your belt now and your awareness has further developed since the time of your initial experiences - you are not in the same 'place' (internally) as you were at an earlier time in your life, so your reaction won't be identical to what it was in the past...

THANK YOU SO MUCH! I have tears in my eyes. I guess it's stuff I already knew but hearing it from an outside perspective is sometimes what helps me most. I like the idea of maybe the fear and good and that the spiritual expansion doesn't have to be a constant thing, that maybe a rest or slowing down is good. Thinking that I got my toes wet before but will now be more capable of handling things next time makes me so happy. Thank you so much
Old 12-07-2016, 05:26 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emberlee
THANK YOU SO MUCH! I have tears in my eyes. I guess it's stuff I already knew but hearing it from an outside perspective is sometimes what helps me most. I like the idea of maybe the fear and good and that the spiritual expansion doesn't have to be a constant thing, that maybe a rest or slowing down is good. Thinking that I got my toes wet before but will now be more capable of handling things next time makes me so happy. Thank you so much

You're quite welcome Emberlee... I'm glad to hear that you had this reaction...

~WOLF
Old 12-07-2016, 02:36 PM
Deactivated Account

Welcome to the forum, Emberlee. Happy to have you here,
We have an awesome group of folks here at SF as you can see

Happy browsings