Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 15-06-2020, 01:46 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deerheart
There is still something I'd like to say about this. I've heard many spiritual people saying "We create our own reality." That has always left me confused. But today I think that's just a very bad way to say that we can choose how to react in the happenings of the outer world. It's a bad way to say it because it makes us, who want to believe in magic too much, think that we may have some actual magical ways to literally change the things of the outer world. I know it sounds crazy :(

But I agree to everything else you said, Greenslade.

Actually the proper formulation is "you create your own reality" meaning that everyone creates their own reality. Those are the "parallel universes".

We are all connected at subconscious level, and co-create a blueprint of the physical reality (present. past, future). Then each one of us creates their own version of reality based on that blueprint, but those versions aren't identical because they're distorted by everyone's own beliefs, emotions and expectations. It is like a virtual game if you want: everybody in front of their own laptop, having their own version of browser, customized by their own beliefs, emotions, expectations, as powerful as their individual level of evolvment is.

The problem is that the conscious-you is so engrossed in the game that it forgot aout the you who plays the game. When the conscious-you remembers that, and becomes lucid, like in a lucid dream, it is called enlightenment or death.

Unfortunately most people operate with many concepts they don't understand. And not only in this so called "spiritual" field.

In your reality you are the only primary creation, everything and everybody else are secondary creation, copies for your benefit, that can be perceived with your five senses.

Everything that "happens to" every individual, at some subconscious level is agreed, and accepted. There are no accidents, including death, pain, suffering. Your subconscious accepted them before apparently they "happened to you".

The less good a creator you are, the more you accept the blueprint pushed by the better creators. This is actually the reason you are here now: to learn to be a good enough reality creator so that you don't have to reincarnate anymore. How to do it? Mostly by learning to master your emotions (all, good and bad), develop and master your intellect (but don't absolutize it), develop and use your intuition (and your inner senses).

As long as you can't control your emotions, they create thought-forms that are perceived as being your reality, by the other participants in the physical reality co-creation. For example, if you feel anger, the blueprint will contain elements that will cause you more anger, not necessarily of the same kind.

The crises we currently experience at global level are caused by the overwhelming level of anger, hate, and fear already globally felt. To alleviate the pain, the only way is to diminish these feelings, which obviously we don't do.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 15-06-2020, 02:09 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Aww thanks! I've loved deers since I once "saw" them during one spirit animal meditation. I've also "met" Native American people during meditation and also in dreams and thought that maybe they were my guides at the moment. But I never really learnt to understand them better.. like I said earlier I feel like they have been quiet lately.

It's true I haven't been doing much creative things, I just find it somehow hard to start anything new. I feel like I'm not interested in anything there is to do. My therapist told me to "just do something even though you wouldn't feel anything at first" but it's difficult to just force myself to do something. I used to write but I haven't done it in years, somehow I feel unable.

Practicing gratitude is also difficult for me. Of course I sometimes feel gratitude but it needs a happier mood. Mostly I'm negative and I often think why should I feel gratitude for anything or anyone? Especially when everything in life seems to be just coincidence and I can't control it.

No, I understand you. I have mental illness. Part of what comes with my mental illness is a lack of motivation. Again, before I developed mental illness I was very productive and my life was spelled out for me. Well, I have had therapists tell me the same thing, "just do it, force yourself to do it." But for me that is not my lesson in life; it's the other direction, for me it is just to abide.

Again, it is only in movies and books where you break free from society (or what you describe as a spiritual awakening) and you automatically meet a group of like minded people who get you and understand you or you meet a mentor, someone to guide you. That is not the way real life works. The moment you reject the world, the world rejects you. Again, that is very important to not: the moment you reject the world, the world rejects you. There are many people like us out there, but each one has a unique path the only commonality being they reject the world.

So, ultimately, I believe you did have a spiritual awakening. I've had a similar awakening. From my experience, you will fall into a rut once the experience has passed. That rut takes on many forms, but essentially what the rut may be for you is, "what is the meaning of my life? What is my purpose? What will make me happy?" OK, those aren't easy questions. They're the hardest questions you will ever approach in life and some people never have the luxury, or the courage to approach those questions.

The way I experience gratitude is to recognize it the moment I feel it. For example, "oh, I feel productive playing piano or writing a poem let me revel in the gratitude." Or, I'm listening to something interesting on the radio, "Oh, I'm grateful to be hearing this." Another is to recognize others don't have it so well, in that situation I add prayer to gratitude.

Ultimately, what I recommend is to keep your spiritual and religious practices in place. That becomes the core of your motivation and drive. Then, start to relish the feeling of happiness when you feel it. Try to identify when you feel most motivated, for me the morning hours between 2 AM to sunrise are the most motivating period and where I get most of my activity done. Be grateful when you feel joy, happiness, or excitement then when the day is rather dull, just abide, maybe do a meditative exercise where you lay down in a comfortable position, close your eyes, and feel grateful to be able to rest.
Old 15-06-2020, 02:23 AM
Cat

Ah, spiritual awakening - like having the finest $100 bottle of wine...
then to see all around you everyone is happily drinking $8 bottles.
It is a process, Deerheart. Smile.
Hang in there...it changes and wisdom follows.
My input.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 15-06-2020, 05:30 AM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

Quote:
Thank you all for your answers! It's good to know that I'm not all alone with these thoughts. :)

iamthat,
"Firstly, welcome to this forum. And your English is excellent."
Thank you!

Your text made me think and it's quite much what I've been thinking on some level but never accepted. I am suffering with this thing so I think it's better to just try to accept this reality as good as I can. To me it means that I have to take some distance to my spirit guides and not depend on them so much.

You also made me think about the word spiritual awakening. I'm not sure if I have ever understood it right. I've been taught that there are many ways and reasons why someone awakes. I'm not sure if I ever have awakened, really. But I just thought it was what happened in 2012 when I felt all those new feelings. Or maybe I have but it was only because the spirits wanted to remind me that they're there (maybe this makes the most sense to me). I was awakened to spirit world so that I would know that I can live however I'll live because I'll go back to the spirits when this life is over (so I don't need to fear death so much > my aunt died in 2012 before all this happened so I was probably thinking a lot about death).

I have to say that I'm not sure if I believe in things like life lessons or patiently developing myself by this kind of deep self-examination. Maybe I once believed in it but later I just got bored of it when I started to feel like nothing happens and it got too hard. I've been thinking that maybe this thing is not for me. I want to live as easy life as possible, without any extra stress that I've been having from all these beliefs that my journey has introduced to me. Maybe I should become a bit more superficial myself and just try not to think so much.
I totally think the same regarding not accepting this reality no matter what anyone has to say. Life lessons and karmic stuff are sugar pill concepts i'm afraid. All this "deep self-examination is little more than chasing our tail ending up nowhere, all that meditation etc, same thing. Follow leaders, follow gurus, follow the self-proclaimed "enlightened" ones etc etc. BUT.....what happens if we break the vicious cycles ? Stop orbiting others "planets", attain escape velocity and...the universe is out there waiting.
Beliefs and many spiritual practices are cages, disguised as means for some "salvation". In the end, they produce stress and guilt for not "trying enough" or not being "evolved/enlightened enough" just like religion oppresses the ones it names "sinners".
Yup, if your spirit guides don't feel like talking to you....good riddance ! Break the chains, any chains...and enjoy freedom. Living "superficially"....may not be a bad thing, just try it and see ;)
Old 15-06-2020, 05:38 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osyris
I totally think the same regarding not accepting this reality no matter what anyone has to say. Life lessons and karmic stuff are sugar pill concepts i'm afraid. All this "deep self-examination is little more than chasing our tail ending up nowhere, all that meditation etc, same thing. Follow leaders, follow gurus, follow the self-proclaimed "enlightened" ones etc etc. BUT.....what happens if we break the vicious cycles ? Stop orbiting others "planets", attain escape velocity and...the universe is out there waiting.
Beliefs and many spiritual practices are cages, disguised as means for some "salvation". In the end, they produce stress and guilt for not "trying enough" or not being "evolved/enlightened enough" just like religion oppresses the ones it names "sinners".
Yup, if your spirit guides don't feel like talking to you....good riddance ! Break the chains, any chains...and enjoy freedom. Living "superficially"....may not be a bad thing, just try it and see ;)
If that's what you believe, then do that! I recommend it over following anybody else's advice. You do what you think is right by your standards, watch the medium to long term average response from "fate", and adjust a little (or more) when you believe it is warranted. You can't know who is right from all those who pretend to know.

Surely, if you're wrong will hurt, but at least you'll know that that's only your fault, a.k.a. what you deserve.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 15-06-2020, 06:12 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilary
I have been so guilty of this. Thank you, Greenslade, for giving the bit of advice I needed most today.

And to the OP - don't lose heart in an afterlife experience. While that should not be our focus so much while we're on Earth, you may find that you are pleasantly surprised, or even awed, when you get there. Just a feeling . . . <3
You're very welcome, Hilary.
Old 15-06-2020, 06:37 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
There is still something I'd like to say about this. I've heard many spiritual people saying "We create our own reality." That has always left me confused. But today I think that's just a very bad way to say that we can choose how to react in the happenings of the outer world. It's a bad way to say it because it makes us, who want to believe in magic too much, think that we may have some actual magical ways to literally change the things of the outer world. I know it sounds crazy :(

But I agree to everything else you said, Greenslade.
It doesn't sound crazy at all, Deerheart, it sounds very human and there's nothing wrong with that. Forgive yourself for being human, and in time perhaps you'll come to understand that you Loved yourself enough to give yourself this experience. The road to heaven goes through hell, metaphorically.

Your reality is defined by your perceptions, your perceptions are defined by your beliefs and your beliefs are defined by your definitions. In a very short nutshell. You have a definition of what is Spiritual to you personally, whatever that is, but.... When you define what is Spiritual, by extension you decide what is not Spiritual. That's where it comes apart for most people. Spend some time thinking about what 'Spiritual' means top you and how you think it will benefit you, and the reasons you use the word.

And 'Awakened' is past tense, history. The real question is what are you Awakened to? Are you Awakened the the idea that Awakening is a verb?

To be honest I don't like the phrase "Create your own reality" too much because it makes people think they can change their physical worlds to suit them. Doesn't happen. I prefer the word "paradigm," which is a pattern or a model - which is what this way of thinking as described in your OP is. Models and patterns can be changed to suit you better, you can change your whole model/paradigm by changing your thinking. Then you'll understand how you create your own reality. Since you mentioned having visited therapists then cognitive behaviour therapy would help, although I should say that it won't help if you don't want it to. What it does is 'dismantles' your whole framework of thinking so that you can take a completely different perspective to it. However, it asks the questions rather than give you answers.
Old 15-06-2020, 07:29 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
It's a bad way to say it because it makes us, who want to believe in magic too much, think that we may have some actual magical ways to literally change the things of the outer world. I know it sounds crazy :(
You want magic:-
Quote:
It's more than just controlling your reactions to external stimuli. That's part of it. But I honestly believe that there's more. I'm not an expert at it, but I do think there's something to this law of attraction thing.
There are certain things I tend to shy away from in here because any discussion just piles one misconception on top of another - and Law of Attraction is certainly one of those. Positive and negative are the same, they come from the same mindset, sorry.

At its simplest, the Universe is a reflection of you - it's all about being in harmony with your frequencies. Or put another way......
Quote:
Especially when everything in life seems to be just coincidence and I can't control it.

The OP is all about the internal frequencies of conflict being reflected in the outer world - the more internal conflict the more the Universe gives you to become conflicted about. The more you do something to change that conflict - like start a thread that begins with you venting your spleen and wanting things to change - there is this thread and the changes that are already happening. Like attracts like - conflict attracts conflict and change for the better attracts change for the better.
Quote:
You know, it's weird. I started practicing these positive affirmations about being loved and desired. The very next day, a man at the grocery store gasped. I looked over at him, he was looking at me, and he stumbled an apology and said "You're beautiful." OMG!
Fanfare for the lady,

What makes positive positive and what makes negative negative? Other than what you like/dislike or deal with/shy away from I mean? You define which is what and when you realise that there's no real use for the words at all it all changes. Everything is constructive if you define it that way, and that gives you a very different starting point. When it becomes something that will bring out your true Spirit......
Old 15-06-2020, 04:51 PM
Knower
Greenslade -

So you do believe in some form of the law of attraction? Just not the way it's usually presented? How would you affect change in your world (how would you harmonize with your frequencies, as I think you were saying)?
Old 15-06-2020, 04:56 PM
Master
If your spirituality leads to isolation than that's a red flag IMO. Isolation from society is not healthy. Just look at what the current lockdowns do to people. And what do you think happens to prisoners that are kept in isolation cells? It messes up people's mind and beliefs. Throughout history there have been teachers and 'prophets' in religions that went into isolation, and then experienced demons etc. Spiritual?? More like they are depriving themselves of others, depriving themselves of sleep, and often depriving themselves of food or adequate nutrition. Better to be part of society and choose health.