Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 10-11-2014, 07:12 PM
Guide

Need an opinion on a possible sign

This is a little personal, but basically I've got a few troubles, and I've been so down by them recently that I've considered medication. I've never been in support of medication, and it doesn't help that when I finally tried it last year, the results weren't positive. However, I've been considering trying something again to help with what I've got going on, but there's always that fear of the side effects, which tend to be far worse than a person's problems.

So, I called out to God and my angels, and asked outright for a sign - should I take medication? My thought was that maybe they'd know in advance whether or not the medication could make things worse for me. I knew wording my question with 'should' wasn't the most ideal thing. I guess I felt I should word it differently, but that's the way I wanted to ask it.

Very shortly later, I went to watch a new episode of a show I watch every week around the same time. Of all the titles in the world, to my surprise I found the episode was titled 'Self Help'. When I ask for signs from God and receive them, they're always set so perfectly in place as if my questions are expected long before I even know I'm going to ask them.

'Self Help' also popped up in the episode with relevant content, also relevant in certain aspects to my circumstances. I couldn't completely determine whether or not it meant yes or no to medication, but I feel like it means 'no'. I also looked out the window and saw a large 'X' in the sky.

Would anybody else agree that this is probably my sign, and that it more likely means 'no'? Any thoughts? Don't worry, I'm not seeking advice on medication, just opinions on the sign. Should I pursue medication again, that's something I'd obviously discuss with my doctors first.
Old 10-11-2014, 07:52 PM
Vember

Signs point to no in my opinion. You ever need an ear or anything just message me. I am extremely deft at giving very sound down to Earth advice.
Just haven't always been the best at using my own advice.
Old 10-11-2014, 08:47 PM
Knower
It sounds like the Universe is telling you that you have the power within to heal your life <3 I am in the midst of learning that our thoughts are extremely powerful, effecting our emotions, and eventually become our beliefs - which create our reality. If you believe that you need medication to become well, this will become the only way you can get well. If you believe however that you can correct the problem through self help, then you allow this possibility into your reality....
But you have to believe, and it all starts with identifying your current thought/belief pattern and changing it. :) Anytime I start feeling sick, I imagine myself shooting the virus or bug with a shot gun - I've been successful twice now!
Old 10-11-2014, 09:04 PM
Immie07

I agree that spirit are saying you can help yourself without medication. I have been through something similar recently and took medication for a few months. When I decided to stop I asked my guide if he thought I was doing the right thing. He replied "you don't need it", which was nice.
Of course, everyone's different. I took them because I felt kind of desperate for a 'fix'. It's just so much adjusting and readjusting when you come on and off them. If you can go without taking them and you think you can cope, try without.
That said, if you decide to take them it's nothing to be ashamed of, asking for help to get you out of a rough patch is a really good thing.
Old 10-11-2014, 10:02 PM
Guide

Thanks to all of you. I was actually writing a long post about what I've been dealing with and how it relates to things that have been said here, such as the power of belief (as these are some mental difficulties), but it became too personal, so I had to delete it.

I believe you're all right about the sign being 'no'. I think what I could do, at least, is look at medication as being a last resort. There are still many ways in which I can try to make life better, and I know that affects mentality, so I should do that and see how things go down the line.

Definitely nice to receive a sign about something like this. It was great to hear your sign, Immie, being told that you don't need the medication.

Also, Vember, I may actually take you up on your offer, but it's all quite heavy, so I don't know for sure. I appreciate the thought in any case.
Old 10-11-2014, 11:07 PM
Guide

You know, I decided to get those thoughts out. I made a topic in the health section about what's going on, but it really is a long post. Anyway, thanks again for your responses regarding the sign! I think I'd be wise to try and remain aware and open to the possibility of further signs regarding the matter.

Old 11-11-2014, 01:42 AM
Vember

Quote:
I think what I could do, at least, is look at medication as being a last resort.

This is still being open to the possibility of medication being the only way. You are setting yourself up from the get go.
Old 11-11-2014, 02:59 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vember
This is still being open to the possibility of medication being the only way. You are setting yourself up from the get go.

I didn't think of it like that, but you're right. Looks like I'm in need of some positive affirmations.
Old 11-11-2014, 03:55 PM
happy_rack

It's weird to interpret signs meant for you through our eyes because you are the one that theses signs have been meant for so you would find a deeper meaning in them than we could.

The X could have meant, like X marks the spot, which could mean you were meant to meditate. The X in the sky could of meant that you need to let your thoughts run free. Or something like that. The X is very daunting, but it being in the sky could mean alot of positive things. It all determines what that means for you.

I think whatever answer you got first was probably what your guides wanted you to see.