Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 05-04-2014, 12:33 AM
Knower
I'm a newbie who's at a hurdle

I'm still at the very early stages of learning my spiritual awareness.

I occasionally sense spirit and use pendulaum.

I also meditate.

I recently was told how important exercise, diet and healthy living was regarding my spiritual awareness.

Last night at the circle I got to I still couldn't see/hear/feel anything.

So today I started eating healthy and went back to the gym and after the gym I went to the park, took off my trainers and socks to ground myself and did light meditation.

After that I feel very low and depressed even angry and aggressive (which isn't me).

I asked God and my guides to help me but I can't snap myself out of it.

Not sure if it's frustration of not getting anything but it's really pulled me down.
Old 05-04-2014, 01:26 AM
Deactivated Account

What I learned for myself, is that mediation takes a great deal of practice,and get's better with time. Imo,maybe start with small time sessions (like 5 minutes)and gradually add a minute so you won't tire out or quickly burn yourself out.

I personally meditate using white light.Google it. I feel cleansed and refreshed when I do. Not all the time,but it's been helpful. Oh,and make sure your drinking plenty of water!With your extra activities you may get dehydrated easy. Water is oxygen to the brain,so make sure your hydrated well.
Old 05-04-2014, 03:56 AM
Knower
Bluecover, thanks for that. I will have look.

Puggy
Old 05-04-2014, 07:42 AM
primrose

Puggy, relax don't try to force anything, when the time is right you'll see results.
Old 05-04-2014, 11:19 PM
Knower
Primrose, I feel like I'm going around in circles.
I try to relax, meditate, cleanse my surroundings, pray, ask guides for help but no luck. I get frustrated and try harder and end up putting up more barriers.

Today I feel much better. I think when I grounded myself in the park I really opened up my throat chakra (which is what I reckon I needed as I don't speak my mind enough) and my thoughts and feelings where just flowing from me. I'm not holding back as much.

Thank you Primrose and BlueCover for your offers of help.
Old 06-04-2014, 12:33 AM
Razberri92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puggy
Primrose, I feel like I'm going around in circles.
I try to relax, meditate, cleanse my surroundings, pray, ask guides for help but no luck. I get frustrated and try harder and end up putting up more barriers.

Try to put the emotions of anger and frustration aside. Of course, it's perfectly valid to feel these things (and I often find these things hindering my own meditation practices). Still, finding ways to let go of those feelings and bring in peace and light might be really beneficial for you. I say this as a complete newbie as well, but it does seem to help me. :)
Old 06-04-2014, 04:38 PM
Lorelyen

It's important not to will yourself too hard at this. And not to expect results overnight. But discipline always helps so set aside a particular time each day and 'sanctify' it - close the door on the outside world. Keep it up, say, 5 days out of 7. A few positive affirmations can always help to start with - look into a mirror and tell yourself that your diet is getting healthier every day, as close to nature as you can make it. Then some meditation? Probably at first deep, slow breathing and just concentrate on that. Count the breaths if you find your mind wanders easily.

It all takes time. If you find yourself frustrated, do something else. Another help might be to learn the tarot (not so much for "reading", though that's very good) as much as the spiritual wisdom some (traditional) decks hold when you start to study the meanings.
Old 06-04-2014, 05:34 PM
spiritual1010

I would like to share with you an incident of One of the greatest of Zen masters, Lin Chi:
Once it happened that with closed eyes I was in my boat meditating on the beautiful night. One empty boat came floating downstream and struck my boat. My eyes were closed, so I thought, `Someone is here with his boat, and he has struck my boat.' Anger arose. I opened my eyes and I was just going to say something to that man in anger, then I realized that the boat was empty. Then there was no way to move. To whom could Iexpress the anger?

There was no possibility to project the anger on an empty boat."
So Lin Chi said, "I closed my eyes. The anger was there, but finding no way out, I closed my eyes and just floated backward with the anger. And that empty boat became my realization. I came to a point within myself in that silent night. That empty boat was my master. And now if someone comes and insults me, I laugh and I say, `This boat is also empty.' I close my eyes and I go within.

So if you often get angry or frustrated then you can also use it as a meditation.
Old 06-04-2014, 08:26 PM
Knower
Razberri92 - Glad I'm not he only one - Thank you

Lorelyen - I have Tarot cards. The lady who runs our circle (she's great) promted me to do a reading for her (my hands trembled with nerves) then a remote reading for her son. She gave me good feedback and my readings were quite accurate. You are so right, the cards do help me a lot. It's just not where my heart and passion is - Thank you

Spritual1010 - Thank you for sharing that with me. I will keep trying with meditation.

I have hope and trust in my guides, I have such a thirst to meet my guides so I can learn from them and help others.
Old 15-04-2014, 10:34 PM
CelestialOz

Hi Puggy,

along with any profession its important to look after yourself, Meditation comes with practise, as there a lot of different types of meditations available to people, You wont always connect with spirit when u are meditating. Sometimes meditation is used to reconnect with yourself, releasing excess energy built up or tension. Different types of meditations are more effective to the individual , no meditation is the same, so try not to expect something to occur everytime u meditate let it come naturally and u will feel it becoming more easier overtime, Love and Light

Many Blessings :)