Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > General Paranormal

Old 11-03-2011, 10:37 PM
Master
Dismantled Photograph

My parents came to visit the other day. My father kept staring at the photo I had framed of his father (my grandfather). It was taken in the 1930's. My mother started talking about death and reminded everyone that the next day marked the anniversary of her father's death 43 years ago. I don't have any photo of him in the house because he sexually abused her as a child.

The following morning the photograph of my grandfather was dismantled. It sent chills up my spine because the frame is new (just a year old) and has never had any indications that it had any flaws to make it fall apart. I've never had a frame fall apart. I just looked at the photo and said, "I know you were here Grampa." I said that because my Dad was at the house and the two of them were extremely close. But perhaps he's not the one that dismantled the photograph. Perhaps my other grandfather was expressing anger toward me for not having a photo of him in the house. I don't know.

What do you think?

Blackraven
Old 11-03-2011, 11:33 PM
nightowl

That is an odd thing uh? It could be what you said the other grandfather showing displeasure for not being recognized.
I was wondering if it could have been like a poltergiest phenom? Some believe that negative energy from a persons emotional state can cause this kind of activity. Could maybe your Mom's memories of her Dad surfaced in the dismantling of the picture? Just a thought...

nightowl
Old 12-03-2011, 02:41 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightowl
That is an odd thing uh? It could be what you said the other grandfather showing displeasure for not being recognized.
I was wondering if it could have been like a poltergiest phenom? Some believe that negative energy from a persons emotional state can cause this kind of activity. Could maybe your Mom's memories of her Dad surfaced in the dismantling of the picture? Just a thought...

nightowl

nightowl - You have brought something to mind that I hadn't even thought of and that's all the poltergeist activity that has gone on in the past in my mother's house. Pictures have fallen off of shelves several nights in a row, the organ plays by itself, and my mother claims there is a spirit that lives in the house. There is much much more but I won't go into it. I don't know if there is a spirit in the house, but her suppressed rage could be coming out in the form of poltergeist activity. I know it saddens her that there is no memories of her father in my house, but unlike her, I do not dissociate from what he did to her. She does in order to survive. She sat directly in front of that photograph when visiting my home. You have a viable theory. I looked up the website below and read up on just how much one person can do when under stress or when there is unresolved conflict. Thank you nightowl.

http://www.mindreader.com/opi/poltergeists/

Blackraven
Old 12-03-2011, 03:09 AM
nightowl

I am glad it was helpful. I sure hope you can help your Mom. I will light a candle for her and pray for resolution and peace for all.

Great link btw...
Old 14-03-2011, 09:34 AM
duckstar

I have nothing to offer here but thanks to you for sharing your story, its hard to keep everyone happy, in this life and the next.