Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 03-12-2010, 12:12 PM
Deactivated Account

Dream memories

This is not talking about the usual, remembering your dreams in the morning ~

I am wondering why it is that we can remember some dreams, long after they happened and why other dreams just vanish ?

Do these dreams have special messages for us ? Why do these dreams linger with us ?

I can think of at least 3 dreams of mine that I can still remember even a few years later.

blessings,
Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 03-12-2010, 01:43 PM
Master
Hey Dream Angel - good thread .

I too have a number of dreams I can still clearly remember and of course a huge number of ones that I can not. I would have a guess that the dreams we remember hold emotion in them that we recognise. Feelings that we experience and hold close. At least that is what i would initially think.

The lesson or message side of it I think is also true. Maybe they are about letting go, trusting, love, harmony, disruption, fear, etc - things we as individual struggle with.

Be interesting to see what other's think.

cesx
Old 03-12-2010, 02:37 PM
Deactivated Account

thanks ces

yes, it will be interesting to see what others think

Expect Miracles !

Old 03-12-2010, 07:06 PM
Master
This has been tapping away at me.....

Another thought...... maybe the dreams we remember the most are connected to an emotion or feeling. For example the ones I recall the most are about people looking after me. I don't feel in my normal every day life that I'm not looked after, but I suppose as I'm the primary, carer, worker, keeping everything ticking along - my dreams reflect that I need more of that myself.......?

Do your specific dream memories hold a particular theme?
Old 03-12-2010, 08:43 PM
Serenity Bear

I think it depends when you wake in the cycle of sleeping, apparently, if you wake during REM sleep you are more likely to remember said dream then any other time.
Old 04-12-2010, 01:08 PM
Deactivated Account

hi Serenity Bear,

I have heard something similar to this and the REM state. But I was wondering, does this affect the long term memory of the dream ?

I know that I have remembered some dreams when I wake up in the morning, but by the end of the day the memory of that dream is gone. There are just a few dreams that I do remember - and I am talking months, maybe a year or two ago, I can still remember these particular dreams. Maybe because when I originally woke up I was in the REM state ? or because there is a certain meaning/ message in the dream ?

blessings,
Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Old 04-12-2010, 01:15 PM
Deactivated Account

tap, tap, tap ces !

I don't think there is a common theme in the dreams I remember, and not sure about the feelings or emotions connected to the dreams.

One of the dreams, I walked into an old bookstore, kind of like the type one might see in a Harry Potter movie... there were shelves of books stacked, floor to ceiling, all around the room. There was a moving ladder, so that one could just move it around the room and it went almost to the ceiling - so that one could reach the books on the very top shelves. I couldn't see anyone when I first went in and then I heard a voice from the distance, at the very top of the room .... asking if I needed help ? I remember saying, " I am looking for a Madeline poster ".... Madeline ( from the story, about the old house in Paris covered with vines... lived a little girl named Madeline ) or something like that. ....

Another dream was about a family reunion with German relatives, we met at a German restaurant, something about taking a group picture, then the camera being stolen. That one was very detailed and I remember most of it.

Another one, was riding with my mother in a car, she was driving but she was driving backwards ! I mentioned that perhaps we should turn around and go forwards, and she replied, no that all was ok and she continued driving backwards !

Dreamie xx

Expect Miracles !

Old 04-12-2010, 04:02 PM
Master
Got me stuck on that now then.........
Old 04-12-2010, 05:05 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by ces
Got me stuck on that now then.........

you lost me ! you are stuck on what ?

Expect Miracles !

Old 04-12-2010, 05:59 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Angel
you lost me ! you are stuck on what ?

On how and what dreams are all about............