Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 16-04-2011, 07:23 PM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

My all-time favorite.. The Bible..

Be well..
Old 16-04-2011, 07:36 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by TzuJanLi
Greetings..

My all-time favorite.. The Bible..

Be well..

I've actually been considering readnig The Bible for a while now, but I've just been so busy with school that I haven't had the time for it. It seems like it takes some dedication to get through the whole thing, just because it seems like the language used might be a little bit difficult to fully understand at first and might require more than one reading.

Any particular section that pertains to this topic specifically? Or just the The Bible in its entirety?
Old 16-04-2011, 07:40 PM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex-The-Iceman
I've actually been considering readnig The Bible for a while now, but I've just been so busy with school that I haven't had the time for it. It seems like it takes some dedication to get through the whole thing, just because it seems like the language used might be a little bit difficult to fully understand at first and might require more than one reading.

Any particular section that pertains to this topic specifically? Or just the The Bible in its entirety?
In its entireity, see if you can draw the same conclusions as presented by 'religion'.. be prepared, it's a mind-boggler.. then, try the Gnostic Gospels, decide for yourself which most resonates with 'Life'..

Be well..
Old 16-04-2011, 07:42 PM
Knower

I will definitely do so, thanks alot for the suggestions! We read sections of it in one of my university classes and it was incredible, so I'm looking forward to reading the whole thing!
Old 16-04-2011, 09:57 PM
blackfellawhitefella

Quote:
' the mystic swims in the same waters that the schizophrenic drowns in'

my ex wifes sister , (unknowingly, in this NOW paradigm ) triggered a total schizophrenic experience within herself by the usage of pot as an under 20

i was 'labelled' as schizophrenic from an early age ... as well as bi polar , depressive , manic depressive , thick as a brick , emotionally crippled and socially inept

my ex sister in law , was 'saved' by the field of modern medicine ...nearly 30 years later , her now , court instructed regular shots of anti physcotic , anti depressive and anti life create social normality without a whimper ... nor a passion

there have been instances , although rarely , when holding space in her presence , i have heard 'a clarity of deep wisdom' expressed through the shadows , but still she drowns.
Old 16-04-2011, 11:14 PM
Master
blackfellawhitefella - In highschool, we learned about schizophrenics, and how they see 'codes' on the license plates of cars, and that it is a characteristic of schizophrenia. However, if you look at threads even here at SF talking about 11:11 etc. It is also a synchronicity thing, and i too see 'codes' in the form of numbers on license plates, so Spirituality has much in common with 'madness' in my opinion.

I have a few friends that have been in and out of psyche wards, one for the better part of the last 15 years. One of my best friends has overcome it to a large degree. The way i see it, the world in which we live or seem to live in is itself insane, and schizophrenics are like these pure souls who realize this but are unable to buy into the false system. They are unable or unwilling to buy the lie.

I am not downplaying the seriousness of the illness, because there is a difference imo between the idea of

'well what is crazy really, but how we define it..'

because yes, this is certainly true to a degree, but the difference is that some are unable to adjust, for better or worse, to the world. Their inner subconscious world overwhelms them, whereas most are able to kind of keep it at bay. Crazy is when you are unable to live day to day with any sort of routine, or identify with the people and world around you because of this subconscious overwhelming.

One very good documentary i saw lately was called 'The Horse Boy' and it is about a family who has an autistic child, and basically they go to Mongolia and search out some shamans, and one in particular does what many would consider to be miraculous and effectively heal the boy. By heal i do not mean 'cure' him of autism, because the shaman thought he was to be a shaman as well, so the curse turned out to be a gift, which i respectfully think is the case in schizophrenia sometimes, though again, i am not by any means downplaying the seriousness of it, or how hard it would be to be affected by it live with it or have a family member affected by it.

I have a lot of respect for shamanism. I have schizophrenic symptoms such as hearing noises like hearing a clap or a bell. I think a big part of the problem is the discrepancy between our pyschiatric/medical system and the metaphysical/Spiritual reality. There is a stigma towards 'crazy' people, but i honestly prefer them to 'normal' people in many cases. It becomes problematic when they dissapear into their inner worlds without bringing some of it to the surface, because then there is an inability to relate. I believe though that a lot of that inner world can be illusory and kind of like the sirens call, it can be fun to look at the pretty pictures, but dangerous because it drags you down beneath the surface.

If people realized what schizophrenia was like, they would be far less judgmental, but i also think it is because they fear their own subconscious shadowy places that they sometimes react against it so much.

A roommate of mine once said, 'id like to be schizophrenic, to see what its like, it would be fun.' Then i told him that it is like being on a strong acid trip, only more realistic and permanently. He changed his mind pretty quickly about it after i told him that.

Also check out 'A Scanner Darkly' which is a movie based on a novel by PKD having to do with this topic, and contains a lot based on reality from his life and his friends. Horse boy also. Very inspirational, though slow in parts.

I really am not too impressed either with a lot of psychiatrists. They are kind of ignorant it seems to me, a lot of times, and a big part of the stigma i mentioned earlier. Not to say they are all bad, or make it a personal thing, a lot of it has to do with the way the system does not like any kind of free thinking, and someone mentioned 'One flew over the cuckoos nest' which is an example in part of this.

Peace ~
Old 17-04-2011, 08:10 PM
Knower

Interesting suggestions, I'll definitely watch The Horse Boy. I've seen A Scanner Darkly before, it's one of my favourite movies ever actually!