Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 21-11-2017, 05:22 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by astralwanderer
I agree. It wasn’t a dream. His preference for the term OOBE is the reason I like Monroe so much. He avoids sensationalized terms.

You mean my experience wasn't a dream? It was a very odd experience, but definitely not a dream. I know governments have tried to explore the possibilities of these sorts of things. A long time ago I read about an experiment by the Russians. A mother rabbit was hooked up with evaluating electronics, and off shore on a ship, her babies were killed. Every time one was killed, she had a measurable, physiological reaction.

As an ethical vegan I am against animal experimentation, and this is obviously cruel, but the results suggest that there is some extrasensory connection between a mother and her young.
Old 21-11-2017, 05:39 PM
Newbie ;)

Exploring the web page about the program at the Monroe Institute in Virginia. $2,195 is not that much for the nearly week long experience. If anyone has done this, I'd love to hear about it.
Old 22-11-2017, 02:42 PM
Newbie ;)

After following up on a literature review I encountered a lot of use of the word "occult." I want nothing to do with anything related to that. I threw away the one Monroe book I purchased and deleted everything to do with this.

The occult is a hiding place for every sort of con artist and charlatan. It appeals to human fears and the desire for power. I'm just unwilling to suspend rational belief. That goes for all religions, too.
Old 23-11-2017, 07:20 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by mshikibu
After following up on a literature review I encountered a lot of use of the word "occult." I want nothing to do with anything related to that. I threw away the one Monroe book I purchased and deleted everything to do with this.

The occult is a hiding place for every sort of con artist and charlatan. It appeals to human fears and the desire for power. I'm just unwilling to suspend rational belief. That goes for all religions, too.
Which literature review? You don't want to take the view of one review as "gospel". Some extreme religious sites seek to portray AP as "occult" or "demonic", but they have no first-hand experience at all.

Rather like NDEs, you can be any religion, or none - it makes no difference. Two things do matter, however:

A strong desire to succeed;
Projecting in a loving, calm and pure state of mind (to ensure that your projection is pleasant).

IMHO, destroying Monroe's book(s) was a little rash. In an earlier post on this thread, you said that you wondered about AP techniques. There are lots of books about, some better than others. But I recommend "Adventures beyond the Body" by William Buhlman. That will give you a much clearer idea of what is involved. Then decide!

Every best wish to you!
Old 26-11-2017, 04:01 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by mshikibu
Exploring the web page about the program at the Monroe Institute in Virginia. $2,195 is not that much for the nearly week long experience. If anyone has done this, I'd love to hear about it.
I like Monroe’s books. I have serious qualms about the retreat. For some reason I can’t quite name, it feels...unsafe. I would proceed with caution.