Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 03-08-2015, 02:56 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyIncarnation
I can relate to your post, metal68. I do believe in reincarnation, but I have this feeling that it may not be true and a big disappointment of hopes. I research to hope for REAL proof, so I don't feel conned in the end over deluded faith and I am definitely a skeptic myself.

The only good thing is that you wouldn't exist to experience that dissapointment

Its the ultimate irony that atheists can never know if they are right and believers can never know if they are wrong!!! I think the atheists get a poorer deal.

Having said that, I still believe from a subjective pov, even if there is no afterlife, that you will still remain aware from your pov. Its impossible for anything to experience nothingness so you must experience somethingness, don't ask me how it works, maybe the mind reboots??!!!

I just think we always have awareness subjectively even if we cease to exist; its about perception.
Old 04-08-2015, 09:58 AM
Master
A couple days ago I took a gentleman on a Shaman Journey across the veil. The way I do it I'm able to be with them and see what they see, it's pretty amazing really, and very useful for facilitating it and ensuring that the person doesn't freak out when they discover the multi-verse doesn't operate on the same physics as this little corner Earth is in does or when one see's life forms and worlds that fit no currently known explainable contexts, or some like plasma being comes up to them and then slides right through them, or the Traveler ends up with a embryo-like being following them through the multi-verse like a little kid in a foreign country tagging behind you through their village all day cause you're the most interesting thing happening a the moment.... It's pretty mind blowing out there actually.

Having seen a lot of things, most of it my human mind is just flat out not able to grasp at all and its just psychedelic fireworks, rainbow hued fractals and moving energy forms of Wow-ness and not translatable to any coherent labels or definitions - I've come to the understanding that even when we know that consciousness can not be destroyed (it just changes forms) our human minds are not capable of being able to fully translate what we do see beyond the Veil.

So while you are basically saying "I'm not sure there is a 'Here-after",
I'm saying "Oh there is! I go there often, but I'll be hanged if I can explain with any clarity what it actually is!"
Old 04-08-2015, 10:53 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by metal68
This is where I'm at after 50 plus books that Ive read on it all over the past four months. Still Mr Cynical. I do wonder are we all kidding ourselves deep down. Its unbearable isn't it, losing loved ones, ageing, the thought of ceasing to exist. It wouldn't be surprising would it. Authors making money out of it, a whole growth industry. If there wasn't an afterlife we still would invent one,so how do we know we haven't??

ghosts; still not convincing evidence, not ONE clear photo

NDEs; my own sister had one but they could be purely a mental thing. Same with OBEs and Astral Projection, all brain created.

Mediumship; full of frauds and charlatans. Even then subconscious cold readings, even super psi cant be ruled out

Past Life Regression; sounds convincing but is it? Can people lie under hypnosis? Plus if you go into a regression session, you are expecting one anyway and who knows how far the subconscious mind goes in creating one already?

After Death Communications; again its all subjective, I just don't buy the idea of feathers from the other side.

I really want to believe but there isn't anything that is definitive, that cant be swayed to fit the pov of a sceptic or a believer. Feeling very disillusioned in the search. Too many conflicting things from so called firm sources, too much talk about aliens & sasquatch too! Victor zammit and others like him really mean well but then clearly get taken in by fakery like materialisations conveniently in the dark etc etc

If there is an afterlife, then its part of the universe, surely we can detect it, surely we would be seeing hard evidence?

Anyone else here who thinks we are kidding ourselves?

Some question there being an external or objective reality, and there's no proof of existence. Existence is assumed based on experience, yet there is also the unquestionable and doubtless experience of being, and thus, one is only certain of themselves, albeit subjectively, and not verifiably...
Old 05-08-2015, 07:48 PM
Ascender

I worry a bit because we don't fully understand the brain. Full understanding might just explain all this paranormal stuff and dash all our hopes
Old 05-08-2015, 09:18 PM
Knower
Quote:
I worry a bit because we don't fully understand the brain. Full understanding might just explain all this paranormal stuff and dash all our hopes

That's a possible reason why we don't know yet. If we do know, could be our opportunity to see the illusions.

"Being born for the first time and being a human is like waking up on your birthday and opening a birthday present that is a surprise."
Old 06-08-2015, 12:54 PM
Master

it is not about what we are, it is about w list you have put outhat we will be. the starts us on the path to grow. to learn . it is not about the afterlife, it is about the life you live now.

kk
Old 05-09-2015, 08:54 AM
someguy15

Scientists always think they fully understand everything. They're smart enough to call their beliefs theories, but remember, even back when doctors / "geniuses" were selling cocaine tonics, they thought they had some sort of genuine medicine.

The ones that think they have uncovered the truth are some of the most short-sighted people out there. They can count all the numbers, but they can't do much more than add them all together on a technical level.

Quote:
Old 05-09-2015, 12:50 PM
Deactivated Account

Throughout mystical and occult ancient text we keep seeing the unanimous concept that we are ONE, an entanglement of units of awareness comprising a single soul (cosmic consciousness). An analogy might be beyond temporal memory of life experience our true nature does not reside in your hardware (brain) but comprises a disturbance in the web (collective). The question is how many have created a web site in Akashic Records? (established a presence in the realm of Spirit) If not, then existence beyond death is like a rain drop falling into an endless ocean and becoming indistinguishable from the whole.
One need not be religious to be Spiritual. A Wizard commands power to influence probabilities, stands between worlds with one foot on earth and the other in the heavens, is in tune with the Infinite, knows truth and is at peace with self and the Universe.
Old 06-09-2015, 12:57 AM
Master
Quote:

the brain is useless here...we will never gain this type of knowledge by the power of the brain. Only with the higher mind activated.
Old 07-09-2015, 02:44 AM
NDE_er

The NDE is real

I can assure you that the NDE is real.

I had one at age 12 and am now 63.

I went through the same thought process over the years, trying to convince myself that it didn't happen. That it was chemicals in the mind.

So, recently I went on you tube and looked up professionals, doctors, neurosurgeons, neuroscientists, etc. that have had an nde, just to get their take on the subject.

I figured that those mind people that did not have an nde would find ways to explain it away. But, what about the mind people that have had one? What's their take on it?

My conclusion....it's real.

You see, I don't want to be here. The beings of light told me that I had to come back to my body. I wanted to stay. So, I've lived my life and I'm ready to go back.

That is why, after all these years, the sudden interest in my nde.

I'm hoping to hook up w more people on this site who have had one.

Hope this helps.