Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 23-01-2011, 12:01 AM
deepsea

We are all entitled to our own opinions,whatever they may be.

No matter how we word them.

This is what these forums are for,as long as we do not use abusive language.

Politeness goes a long way.

Deepsea
Old 23-01-2011, 02:59 AM
mac

My last go then....

I don't think I want to.. I prefer the shared consciousness version.. I mean.. That's cool - I respect your choice.

Doesn't it bother you that every time you try and talk "mediumship" you have a communication problem because you are the one that has the different definition? Mebbes it might if it were only me using the definition I use but, then, as a Modern Spiritualist I know that other Spiritualists use the same words for the meanings.. Actually I'm acclimated (using US speak) to the changes and I've accepted that the old ways are changing. It's the uncomfortable mix of new age and old age lingo that causes confusion still. Not for me because I know what's what but for others who we - I - can see are confused.

How many people do you know that actually share your "definition" of mediumship? Can't give you numbers but I've explained how it's used above. Yes, force.. some of your statements seem more like "my way or the highway" as I stated last time.. What can I do save to repeat that it's not my way at all - everyone can go along whatever highway they wish and I'm cool with that. I'm sure we don't differ on that - you're just as happy as I am that you and I use our own highways....It would achieve a common dialog.. a common understanding.. helpful in communication of ideas.. that's all.. I mean if you find it fun to be cryptic.. then be cryptic! (or to always be explaining yourself and your definitions, than by all means!) Would not that difficulty arise.. in the fact you have different definitions of words then others? Now you know that I'm a simple-minded guy so all this pseudo-psychological stuff is over my head...

What is it there supposed to "listen" to..?? I briefly researched the idea called "modern spiritualist" don't really like it.. it has lack in it Did you think I wanted you to like it? Did I criticise your choice of path? What people who see tv and movies don't think? Of course they think but if they have only the TV/movie version of 'the spooks' then it's likely to mislead them - wouldn't you agree on that point?

And I have expressed what I think.. don't think you were that interested..?? Really? So I've spent all my effort responding to all the most important points you made and yet you don't think I was that interested? Have I tried to change anything you say or do? And haven't I read and responded to the points you made? But you still think I'm not interested? I don't know what else I could do...apart from agree with all you said. Perhaps then you'd feel I was interested? Sorry, can't do that because I don't agree with you any more than you agree with me - difference is I'm not saying anything negative about your approach....

What is it your interested in, in this thinking? And I've already told you.. I prefer to share the mass consensus definition.. OMG I really thought I'd made clear what my interest was in the early postings - apologies for my ineptitude in communicating clearly. The mass consensus is fine for me too when I feel it's correct....

If you prefer.. verbatim what the wiki says now that you know what I think.. what is there to say about it? I think we'd agree there's little now left to say.

I don't think arguing over labels or definitions (how to describe things) is a great or fun thing to do.. so the path of least resistance is to go with the flow.. Do you know it didn't feel like an argument to me but simply a discussion, a presentation of different viewpoints, the stuff of discussion forums? And I enjoyed the interchange of ideas even if we couldn't concur on many of them. But if you prefer the path of least resistance, going with the flow, then I respect your choice....

This is why your definition being "custom or different" seems like hard work to me.. I totally get that's how it feels to you and I'm happy to respect your position.

I have answered the question..

Are we all mediums?

With the simple answer
yes.. Indeed you have stated your opinion but still have not said what being a medium personally means to you. But that's OK if you don't want to disclose or discuss it. I'm an easy guy....

My answer has not changed.. we all have the ability whether we use it or choose to use it is another matter.. I hope you enjoyed our excursion as much as I did.
Old 23-01-2011, 03:03 AM
mac

Apologies to readers for my hogging of these topic pages. I was forgetting my manners.
Old 23-01-2011, 06:18 AM
Katiecat

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
And is this what you hope for yourself?

This is a simple question with a complex answer.

Yes, I would like to develop mediumship skills, for many reasons. One of them being, that I am the type that would rather learn and do things for myself than rely on others to clue me in. Why pay for something that I can achieve with some work? -i guess I get that from the way that I was raised.

I would also like to develop some things I'm experiencing so that I don't have to try so hard to understand stuff that I experience.

And then, there is the ultimate reason, helping others.

On the other hand, I have so many project in the works, that this is not as high on my priority list....as it should be, for someone o really wants to develop mediumship, -which says a lot....so I guess my answer is "no" ...at least for now. Hopefully, someday, this amok move up on the priority list.

Have I made your brain hurt yet? I hope not.
Old 23-01-2011, 05:21 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiecat
This is a simple question with a complex answer.

Yes, I would like to develop mediumship skills, for many reasons. One of them being, that I am the type that would rather learn and do things for myself than rely on others to clue me in. Why pay for something that I can achieve with some work? -i guess I get that from the way that I was raised.

I would also like to develop some things I'm experiencing so that I don't have to try so hard to understand stuff that I experience.

And then, there is the ultimate reason, helping others.

On the other hand, I have so many project in the works, that this is not as high on my priority list....as it should be, for someone o really wants to develop mediumship, -which says a lot....so I guess my answer is "no" ...at least for now. Hopefully, someday, this amok move up on the priority list.

Have I made your brain hurt yet? I hope not.

thanks - I follow you.
Old 23-01-2011, 06:15 PM
Katiecat

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
thanks - I follow you.
Right on...do you have an opinion on it?
Old 23-01-2011, 11:11 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiecat
Right on...do you have an opinion on it?

Yes but this is something very special and personal for you, rather than a general discussion or debate.

Usually I respond to personal matters only if specifically asked to do so and preferably through pm to keep things confidential.
Old 25-01-2011, 05:31 AM
themaster

I'm going to shorten my answers for simplicity..
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
With the simple answer yes.. Indeed you have stated your opinion but still have not said what being a medium personally means to you. But that's OK if you don't want to disclose or discuss it. I'm an easy guy....
Being a medium means nothing to me.. (and I'm not big into labels.. I mean I'm a lover, a fighter, a republican, a lightworker and a clown I also do naked strip teases on sunday ) I don't consider myself a medium and if I did.. I would probably likely look at it as channeling..

Recently, just tonight I was informed that the experiment I'm in.. we’re trying to connect to almost super consciousness's; aspects of that.. dunno, how that'll go but sounds fine to me
Old 25-01-2011, 04:18 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaster
I'm going to shorten my answers for simplicity..
Being a medium means nothing to me.. (and I'm not big into labels.. I mean I'm a lover, a fighter, a republican, a lightworker and a clown I also do naked strip teases on sunday ) I don't consider myself a medium and if I did.. I would probably likely look at it as channeling..

Recently, just tonight I was informed that the experiment I'm in.. we’re trying to connect to almost super consciousness's; aspects of that.. dunno, how that'll go but sounds fine to me

No matter how much one might dislike labels, they serve for others to better understand one's position.

Interestingly you use the term 'channelling' and if you read my postings in Spiritualism forums you'd see why I say "interestingly". Following your brevity lead, though, channelling is the new mediumship... I have other words too which you'd probably identify with but not here and now.

It will be interesting where "super consciousness" takes you but my suspicion is that I'd also have an old-fashioned word for that too. If not I'd be fascinated to learn about anything truly novel if you'd like to keep in touch about what happens?

Good luck - hope things work out well for you!!
Old 25-01-2011, 08:40 PM
themaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
No matter how much one might dislike labels, they serve for others to better understand one's position.

Interestingly you use the term 'channelling' and if you read my postings in Spiritualism forums you'd see why I say "interestingly". Following your brevity lead, though, channelling is the new mediumship... I have other words too which you'd probably identify with but not here and now.

It will be interesting where "super consciousness" takes you but my suspicion is that I'd also have an old-fashioned word for that too. If not I'd be fascinated to learn about anything truly novel if you'd like to keep in touch about what happens?

Good luck - hope things work out well for you!!
Sure, I can let you know.. I don't know that I will be conscious of the access.. but be cool if I was.. but the class I'm in I believe is 2 years of work+ still to go.. (so really that access could be next week or 2 years from now ) but realistically maybe by june/july

The class as described is supposed to be doing these things (the class is a experiment so all of this is new to earth mainly)

- Instant manifestation
- Readying for a higher strata/escalator during the shift
- The ability to transform the body (new one)
- And yah, the teachers just recently mentioned (and it's first I've heard of it) that we will put in touch with a super consciousness made of many entities.. (I might be able to clarify this more once I've listened to the recording again)