Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Wicca

Old 27-06-2014, 07:01 PM
Taurus44

Karma of casting spells

My grandmother often would cast spells on people she didn't like... She would burn a black candle and things of that nature. She was a very envious person and allowed her materialism to make her hate others. She had many troubling circumstances in her life... do you think that casting bad spells caused some of her turmoil?? Also, does casting positive spells bring about strange or dangerous circumstances? I often hear "be careful what you wish for" and I've never tried casting even a simple spell because I am a bit nervous for the outcome.
Old 28-06-2014, 12:36 AM
Ascender
No. If she cast those spells against those who deserved it, it would not be Karma that caused her inner turmoil.
Old 28-06-2014, 09:44 PM
Master

I agree with Lilyth Von Gore.

If you wish to start casting spells I thought I'd let you know that many Wiccans put a proviso on their spell. The last line of whatever has been said and asked for they'll say - "For the good of all" or "An it harm none"
Old 28-06-2014, 09:53 PM
Badger1777

Yes, if she was casting negative spells for any reason, especially for no reason other than envy, then I'm afraid some of it would backfire on her.

Its not the magic in the spell that causes it. Its just the pure negative energy, which she will have been reinforcing in herself by focusing on negativity for her spells.

There is even risk when the motives and intentions are honourable. Perhaps most well documented is the incident during WW2, when one of England's last (known) witch covens direct energy towards Berlin in an effort to prevent an invasion force landing on Britain's shores (Germany was winning at that time, and could easily have invaded, but for reasons that puzzle historians, hitler faltered right when he was making swift progress - people can only guess why, but it seems that happened about the time of the spell casting from the New Forest). Lots of people were involved in that. They are said to have formed a cone of energy, which they then focused towards Berlin, carrying the subliminal message not to come. It was all well intentioned and with sound motives, yet that didn't stop several of the participants becoming ill afterwards, and two even died within days of the incident, despite being in good general health.
Old 29-06-2014, 04:11 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger1777
Its not the magic in the spell that causes it. Its just the pure negative energy, which she will have been reinforcing in herself by focusing on negativity for her spells.
It was all well intentioned and with sound motives, yet that didn't stop several of the participants becoming ill afterwards, and two even died within days of the incident, despite being in good general health.

Actually, several participants died but that had nothing to do with the spell being positive or negative. That rite went on for hours with so very much energy being raised and put out by everyone that some peoples' bodies just could not take it.
Old 29-06-2014, 05:38 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taurus44
My grandmother often would cast spells on people she didn't like... She would burn a black candle and things of that nature. She was a very envious person and allowed her materialism to make her hate others. She had many troubling circumstances in her life... do you think that casting bad spells caused some of her turmoil?? Also, does casting positive spells bring about strange or dangerous circumstances? I often hear "be careful what you wish for" and I've never tried casting even a simple spell because I am a bit nervous for the outcome.

In my view, karma is intent driven and related to the emotional content and mental habits a person carries. If a person carries a lot of envy such as you mention it reflects an impure intent which drives them to act out their emotional content. Re thinking envious thoughts and acting them out carves them deeper into the psyche, and this occurs habitually once it's etched deeply enough. It's like when water flows, it falls into the ruts and flows more strongly there, and further erodes those channels, where more water flows, and further erodes. This is also a principle in neural activity and the reason that practice makes perfect.

Karma is something that causes the action and is also the deepening of the thought pattern, it's not a matter of getting what people deserve, but naturally, negative thought patterns generate misery in a person's life and in the lives of those around them, while positive loving thoughts generate more happiness.

Harbouring feelings of malice, envy and ill will does no good. There is no benefit to anyone or anything from such intentions, so it's important to continually purify ourselves and open up to compassion, kindness and universal love.
Old 29-06-2014, 05:58 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taurus44
........ Also, does casting positive spells bring about strange or dangerous circumstances? I often hear "be careful what you wish for" and I've never tried casting even a simple spell because I am a bit nervous for the outcome.

What do you mean by "strange or dangerous circumstances"? In all the years I've been practicing I've never had anything of that nature happen, nor have I ever heard of that happening. The worst I've had happen is that the spell didn't work.

If you start getting into deeper waters and try working with and controlling elementals and certain spirits then you can get in over your head and things can go wrong
Old 29-06-2014, 08:16 AM
Stillness_Speaks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
... it's not a matter of getting what people deserve, but naturally, negative thought patterns generate misery in a person's life and in the lives of those around them, while positive loving thoughts generate more happiness.

Harbouring feelings of malice, envy and ill will does no good. There is no benefit to anyone or anything from such intentions, so it's important to continually purify ourselves and open up to compassion, kindness and universal love.

Ditto that.
Old 29-06-2014, 08:31 AM
Master

I went for a reading for fun a few years ago and the reader came out of the blue when I asked " Anything 'They' want to tell me?" and she said,
"Don't do any black magick". At this point I had not indicated I did or believed in anything metaphysical. I had recently done some rituals to 'rebalance' some injustices against me.

Then she told me I shouldn't do any magick at all.

So, even if I believed what I was doing was just, on another realm they didn't
Old 29-06-2014, 09:30 AM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny Crow
Actually, several participants died but that had nothing to do with the spell being positive or negative. That rite went on for hours with so very much energy being raised and put out by everyone that some peoples' bodies just could not take it.

Exactly. Silver Ravenwolf mentions these people in one of her books.
Magick of that level can really drain a person. Ever wondered why you feel hungry or tired after a rite?
If one gives out too much energy, sometimes your body cannot handle it and just shuts down.