Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 02-01-2017, 10:51 PM
Experiencer

Biblically what happens when you die?

What does the Bible say happens when you die?
Old 03-01-2017, 01:35 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirisilex

The whole thrust of the Bible opposes reincarnation. It shows that man is the special creation of God, created in God’s image with both a material body and an immaterial soul and spirit. He is presented as distinct and unique from all other creatures—angels and the animal kingdom alike. The Bible teaches that at death, while man’s body is mortal, decays and returns to dust, his soul and spirit continue on either in a place of torments for those who reject Christ or in paradise (heaven) in God’s presence for those who have trusted in the Savior. Both categories of people will be resurrected, one to eternal judgment and the other to eternal life with a glorified body (John 5:25-29). The emphatic statement of the Bible, as will be pointed out below, is that “it is appointed unto men once to die and after that the judgment” (Heb. 9:27). This statement and the concept that mankind’s creation in God’s image is unique from the animals and even angels stand totally opposed to the idea of reincarnation—dying and coming back as another person or in the form of an animal or insect. The claim of some that they have information of past history is nothing more than some kind of encounter with demonic powers who have been present throughout history.

The above is an expert from a website....here is the link..

https://bible.org/question/what-does...-reincarnation

.....Below is my understanding and total belief of our future after we deside to exit the flesh and the earth...and I am in total agreement with the above excerpt.

The bible does not teach of the belief in reincarnation. ..

It does teach that god created a location/paradise of beauty and abundance for us to continue our lives in, when we deside to exit the flesh and the earth location.

And because of this abundant paradise, there is absolutely no need for reincarnation. ...you think about it....

....if you were living in the abundant paradise and you acted out of harmony with gods way of love, as in gods reality of love, then the law of ""reap as you sow"" comes into play, and your soul slightly darkens, and since your spiritual body is an emanation of the qualities of your soul, then so to does the appearance of the countenance of your spiritual body darken and lose some of its beauty.

So why would we need to come back to earth, to learn right from wrong when god has created an abundant paradise for us.
In this abundant paradise, there is every possible kind of way, that can show us that, "pure loving morality", is the only way to be and exist.

In my mind/ my understanding/ my belief, from what I have experienced and gleaned from being able to here and listen to spiritual beings is that, the information in regards to reincarnation and karma, and any other eastern philosophies, are all incorrect information brought through to us from dark spiritual beings, to keep us from the truth of how to get close to god and living a loving pure moral life, the way god desinged us to be.

And that all memories and or visions of past lives are false scenarios placed into our minds by dark spiritual beings to keep us focused away from gods reality of truth of how to become at one with god whilst we are still in the flesh.

So the above is my belief of life after the earth existence, and what the BIBLE TEACHES IN REGARDS TO IT.

Regards neil.
Old 03-01-2017, 02:02 AM
Ascender

Well, not specifically in the Bible but often quoted by Jesus' Apostle it is quite clear what happens to the Fallen Angels and the Humans. 2 points here to be clear on, Enoch teaches that the literal hell taught by Evangelicals is only for the Fallen Angels and not humans. Second it is explicitly clear that humans are put in holding chambers until the resurrection of the dead. The penalty for a sinful and unrighteous life is not hell but is stated here: Such has been made for the spirits of men who were not righteous but sinners, who were complete in transgression, and of the transgressors they shall be companions: but their spirits shall not be slain in the day of judgement nor shall they be raised from thence. (my interpretation: your spirit is just extinguished and never resurrected). But I've toiled over these chapters for a long time. I believe there may be a difference between a sinner and transgressor...

Chapter 21 & 22:

1,2 And I proceeded to where things were chaotic. And I saw there something horrible: I saw neither 3 a heaven above nor a firmly founded earth, but a place chaotic and horrible. And there I saw 4 seven stars of the heaven bound together in it, like great mountains and burning with fire. Then 5 I said: 'For what sin are they bound, and on what account have they been cast in hither?' Then said Uriel, one of the holy angels, who was with me, and was chief over them, and said: 'Enoch, why 6 dost thou ask, and why art thou eager for the truth? These are of the number of the stars of heaven, which have transgressed the commandment of the Lord, and are bound here till ten thousand years, 7 the time entailed by their sins, are consummated.' And from thence I went to another place, which was still more horrible than the former, and I saw a horrible thing: a great fire there which burnt and blazed, and the place was cleft as far as the abyss, being full of great descending columns of 8 fire: neither its extent or magnitude could I see, nor could I conjecture. Then I said: 'How 9 fearful is the place and how terrible to look upon!' Then Uriel answered me, one of the holy angels who was with me, and said unto me: 'Enoch, why hast thou such fear and affright?' And 10 I answered: 'Because of this fearful place, and because of the spectacle of the pain.' And he said unto me: 'This place is the prison of the angels, and here they will be imprisoned for ever.'

[Chapter 22]
1 And thence I went to another place, and he mountain [and] of hard rock. 2 And there was in it four hollow places, deep and wide and very smooth. How smooth are the hollow places and deep and dark to look at. 3 Then Raphael answered, one of the holy angels who was with me, and said unto me: 'These hollow places have been created for this very purpose, that the spirits of the souls of the dead should 4 assemble therein, yea that all the souls of the children of men should assemble here. And these places have been made to receive them till the day of their judgement and till their appointed period [till the period appointed], till the great judgement (comes) upon them.' I saw (the spirit of) a dead man making suit, 5 and his voice went forth to heaven and made suit. And I asked Raphael the angel who was 6 with me, and I said unto him: 'This spirit which maketh suit, whose is it, whose voice goeth forth and maketh suit to heaven ?' 7 And he answered me saying: 'This is the spirit which went forth from Abel, whom his brother Cain slew, and he makes his suit against him till his seed is destroyed from the face of the earth, and his seed is annihilated from amongst the seed of men.' 8 The I asked regarding it, and regarding all the hollow places: 'Why is one separated from the other?' 9 And he answered me and said unto me: 'These three have been made that the spirits of the dead might be separated. And such a division has been make (for) the spirits of the righteous, in which there is the bright spring of 10 water. And such has been made for sinners when they die and are buried in the earth and judgement has not been executed on them in their 11 lifetime. Here their spirits shall be set apart in this great pain till the great day of judgement and punishment and torment of those who curse for ever and retribution for their spirits. There 12 He shall bind them for ever. And such a division has been made for the spirits of those who make their suit, who make disclosures concerning their destruction, when they were slain in the days 13 of the sinners. Such has been made for the spirits of men who were not righteous but sinners, who were complete in transgression, and of the transgressors they shall be companions: but their spirits shall not be slain in the day of judgement nor shall they be raised from thence.' 14 The I blessed the Lord of glory and said: 'Blessed be my Lord, the Lord of righteousness, who ruleth for ever.'
Old 03-01-2017, 11:07 PM
Experiencer

I'm just confused because Christians say that when they die they will be with Christ.. Even Jesus said to the criminal on the cross that he will be with Christ when he dies on the Cross. What confuses me is that of Judgement Day. Judgement Day is a set point in time where and when people will be Judged and sent on there way to their destiny. But when people die they are immediatly with Jesus or in some Prison before Judgement day as if already been Judged. For example a Christian dies and immediatly is with Jesus before Judgement day had arrived. He enjoys Jesus's company and then after a wait is then Judged (When he has already had been Judged why else would he be with Jesus)? Where you got the rich man in the story of Lazurus where it hasnt been Judgement day yet and he is in Hell Fire? He has already been Judged before Judgemnet Day. Whats the point of even having Judgement day if your Judged immediatly at Death?
Old 04-01-2017, 12:18 AM
Guide

Quote:

nothing .... it didn't mention me dying anywhere in the bible ~
Old 04-01-2017, 03:21 PM
Master
NM.........

Last edited by Baile : 04-01-2017 at 07:08 PM.
Old 05-01-2017, 05:36 PM
Deactivated Account

You either go to heaven or hell. But you can also interpret that hell isn't permanent.
Old 05-01-2017, 10:38 PM
Master
You join your ancestors. I remember reading that a lot before the old people die. "I'm going to rest with the ancestors... go fetch me a goat to sacrifice" . lolol
Old 14-01-2017, 11:09 PM
Master
Quote:
I'm just confused because Christians say that when they die they will be with Christ.. Even Jesus said to the criminal on the cross that he will be with Christ when he dies on the Cross. What confuses me is that of Judgement Day. Judgement Day is a set point in time where and when people will be Judged and sent on there way to their destiny. But when people die they are immediatly with Jesus or in some Prison before Judgement day as if already been Judged. For example a Christian dies and immediatly is with Jesus before Judgement day had arrived. He enjoys Jesus's company and then after a wait is then Judged (When he has already had been Judged why else would he be with Jesus)? Where you got the rich man in the story of Lazurus where it hasnt been Judgement day yet and he is in Hell Fire? He has already been Judged before Judgemnet Day. Whats the point of even having Judgement day if your Judged immediatly at Death?
Tirisilex - This is the exact polar opposites that was never answered for me as well through Christianity. I can remember being a child and adults would say things like, "He or she is in Heaven now." As I got older I then learned about 'Judgement Day' and that humans have to wait for the 2nd coming of Jesus to have their sins forgiven in order to allow them to get into Heaven. So I felt like, which is it? Then I started reading about reincarnation and levels of existence upon ones death, etc. and I have to say, it only confused me more.

So, I guess I'm not addressing or answering any questions, just commenting I suppose. It's interesting to read the variety of answers on this thread.
Old 16-01-2017, 12:30 AM
Experiencer

I havent had my question answered by any Christian on this subject. They just continue to look blindly past this contradiction.