Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 06-12-2016, 07:01 AM
Experiencer

How do you know God is morally perfect and righteous?

I am referring specifically to the Christian God or any other type of God who condemns you, punishes you, deems sexual activities and hedonism as sinful, and throws you into hell. Sure, God has done some good things for mankind such as having is son sacrificed, he does stay true to his word, and he is the all powerful creator of the universe according to religions such as Christianity.

But it does not follow from there that God has a sane and perfectly holy and righteous sense of morality. You can have an all powerful genius who has an insane and corrupt sense of morality (but does at least some good deeds in the process) or you can have an all powerful genius who has a perfect and righteous sense of morality. I suspect it is fear of God that leads believers to conclude God is somehow the latter.

They do not dare use their rational and skeptical thinking to question God's moral character. But I have. I personally view my moral standards as righteous and the moral standards of God to be insane and corrupt. I don't think it is right to judge a person's way of life as sinful if they are enjoying themselves and not harming/torturing other innocent people.

Many would say that God does not lie. But how do you know that for sure? What if he is a hypocrite? One of his commands is "Thou shalt not kill," but here he commands murder. So what if he demands moral perfection from us when he is the morally imperfect and corrupt one? He could be lying about his sense of morality being perfect and righteous when, in reality, it is my own sense of morality that is righteous.

I am a hedonist, but don't harm and torture others. I am a kind person and I would never throw someone in hell to be tortured forever. It does not matter even if their deeds deserved such a punishment, my respect and love for the person would prevent me from doing that. I would give them a harsh punishment, but I would never condemn them to eternal torture in hell. Even if I committed the ultimate act of love such as how Jesus was sacrificed, I would still not send anyone to hell even if they were people who rejected Jesus, did not accept him, and did not live a life of obedience to God.

Lastly, it could be the situation that God knows that my hedonistic way of living is morally righteous since he is an all knowing God, but condemns it since it does not adhere to his personal moral standards. How do you truly know that God is morally righteous and is truly all loving and all just?
Old 06-12-2016, 11:42 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattMVS7
I am referring specifically to the Christian God or any other type of God who condemns you, punishes you, deems sexual activities and hedonism as sinful, and throws you into hell. Sure, God has done some good things for mankind such as having is son sacrificed, he does stay true to his word, and he is the all powerful creator of the universe according to religions such as Christianity.

But it does not follow from there that God has a sane and perfectly holy and righteous sense of morality. You can have an all powerful genius who has an insane and corrupt sense of morality (but does at least some good deeds in the process) or you can have an all powerful genius who has a perfect and righteous sense of morality. I suspect it is fear of God that leads believers to conclude God is somehow the latter.

They do not dare use their rational and skeptical thinking to question God's moral character. But I have. I personally view my moral standards as righteous and the moral standards of God to be insane and corrupt. I don't think it is right to judge a person's way of life as sinful if they are enjoying themselves and not harming/torturing other innocent people.

Many would say that God does not lie. But how do you know that for sure? What if he is a hypocrite? One of his commands is "Thou shalt not kill," but here he commands murder. So what if he demands moral perfection from us when he is the morally imperfect and corrupt one? He could be lying about his sense of morality being perfect and righteous when, in reality, it is my own sense of morality that is righteous.

I am a hedonist, but don't harm and torture others. I am a kind person and I would never throw someone in hell to be tortured forever. It does not matter even if their deeds deserved such a punishment, my respect and love for the person would prevent me from doing that. I would give them a harsh punishment, but I would never condemn them to eternal torture in hell. Even if I committed the ultimate act of love such as how Jesus was sacrificed, I would still not send anyone to hell even if they were people who rejected Jesus, did not accept him, and did not live a life of obedience to God.

Lastly, it could be the situation that God knows that my hedonistic way of living is morally righteous since he is an all knowing God, but condemns it since it does not adhere to his personal moral standards. How do you truly know that God is morally righteous and is truly all loving and all just?

You are talking about the god depicted in the biblical scriptures, & you are also wondering about any other supposed gods.

The god depicted in the biblical scriptures In my opinion is based on the Creator of the universe...or also known as the "Oversoul".

Now this god..or as I prefer to relate to him as, the..."Creator"....
is, ""All Holy, all Loving & All merciful"".

Any other gods..."AND"including the biblical god, are creations & or illusions created by dark beings to keep us mesmerized & praying & or chanting mantras to & in the name of them.
The same as kundalini & or tantra practices, ext ext....all fully influenced by dark spiritual beings.....just listen to some of the members on this forum who describe their kundalini experiences & if anyone who reads of these experiences, has an awareness of loving purity, could easily see that if any spiritual experiences that we could possibly experience, has pain, discomfort or SEX with a supposed GOD, involved in them, then these experiences ar not of the ""CREATOR OF THE UNIVERSE"" but are actually being unloving influenced by dark beings, in the name of a "FALSE" god.

All of the above, keeps us from following in the footsteps of such HOLY people like ""Jesus"".

And even Jesus' life has been falsely represented in the biblical scriptures. Jesus, would have had a longing desire to receive creators very essence, which when received in sufficient amount within "soul", will then see "soul" transformed into the very essence of creator.

Creator does not hand out ever lasting imprisonment in hell. Nor punnish anyone for their unloving acts, creator does not need to treat us in any way, but lovingly, because Creator leaves it up to us, to be our own judge & jury & to work it out via the never changing energetic laws of love.

Creator has the universe set up as a self correcting universe, with energetic laws that work in consonance with our souls. All based on loving Ness.

Creator does not have to lift a finger to have his universe operate in a perfect & loving way. Because of the simple & easy to understand loving laws.

It is these laws that the intelligence of our souls.... (designed in creators likeness)...works in consonance with.

We are our own judge & jury...

Any unloving content recorded in any biblical scriptures, has been influenced by dark beings through the persons that wrote them for & in the name of gods.

THE TRUE CREATOR OF THE UNIVERSE AND IT'S FULLY LOVING POTENTIALITIES IS NOT A GOD. GODS ARE BEINGS THAT RULE OVER THEIR "BOWING AND SCRAPING SERVANTS"

THE CREATOR OF THE UNIVERSE THAT I AM AWARE OF iS......ALL HOLY, ALL LOVING & ALL MERCIFUL.
AND DOES NOT EXPECT US TO BE BENT OVER & FULLY DEPENDANT ON HIM.

If we were as Jesus is & was, then we would not need to be constantly in neediness of creator, as creators universe is eternally all abundant for purely loving beings, who can provide for themselves.
All other beings are subject to falling from any grace that they have accumulated within their souls.
Because they are not perfected in creators very essence.

AND "CREATOR" KNOWS THAT THE ONLY WAY FOR US TO COME CLOSE TO HIM, & EVENTUALLY LIVE WITHIN IS HOLY KINGDOM.
IS THROUGH LOVE AND NOT THROUGH THE DEATH & OR DESTRUCTION OF ANYONE OF HIS CREATION...GREAT OR SMALL.

So are you are you as righteous and moraly loving as you think you are. Because hedonistic type people are definitely not morally righteous.
How do you treat gods created universe & animal kingdom. Do you let others hold the animals in slaughter chambers & to put them in so much unloving fear.
For your very own comfort & nourishment, or are you a person of vegan qualities who understands the true reality of Genisus in the Bible, & Creators pure love & caring thoughts for the animal kingdom.

So your question. ...im wondering, if it may have been influenced by, spiritual beings, who wouldn't mind you knowing a more loving righteously loving way of being......maybe even family members of yours that have already transitioned into spiritual form , who have a better understanding of the universe, Creator & your very own thoughts & wonderments.

Sincerest regards....neil.

Last edited by neil : 06-12-2016 at 01:30 PM.
Old 19-01-2017, 02:47 AM
Experiencer

Quote:

I have to agree that Jehovah can be a Hypocrit. He commands us to not make graven images then has us make graven images for the The Ark of the covenant. He says Jealousy is a Sin and yet claims he is a Jealous God. Says Wrath is not of his nature yet the Old testament is full of his wrath.
Old 19-01-2017, 04:41 PM
ciel_perdu

Quote:

For me personally, I know God is morally righteous and truly all loving and all just because I see this in Jesus Christ, his life and his message, and it has been my experience come rain or shine.

There's plenty out there, whether in the O.T or just in the harsh realities of life, where we could argue God is unjust and unloving. But this is where I feel we need to keep coming back to a plain and simple truth, IF God is real, which he is, then we need to exercise a bit of humility in recognizing our extremely limited understanding of what love and justice is. We sit back in our 'spiritual arm chairs' and tell God how it's supposed to be done! How will we ever come to the truth if that is our attitude?

You theorize God condemns your hedonistic lifestyle because it does not adhere to his personal moral standards, yet in your post, you condemn God as unjust and unloving, because he (or at least your limited understand of him) does not adhere to your personal moral standard.

Your post, begs the question...who are you trying to convince?
Old 19-01-2017, 04:56 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciel_perdu
Your post, begs the question...who are you trying to convince?
Matt's gone through a lot since he posted this, you should read his more recent posts. Admits he's much clearer these days. This post from early December sounds like it was part of that processing.
Old 22-01-2017, 08:09 AM
Guide

Along with God, Solomon was rated the wisest of kings.... who ordered a baby be cut in two. The 'wisdom' of his command was not in the obedience, but the heart-felt dialoging reaction.
Old 22-01-2017, 08:50 AM
Master
Forget trying to figure out God and instead endeavour to truly know him. Until we do that, we're just dealing in man-made fictions rather than the living reality of God.
Old 22-01-2017, 09:11 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by A human Being
Forget trying to figure out God and instead endeavour to truly know him. Until we do that, we're just dealing in man-made fictions rather than the living reality of God.

Knowing thyself is the key to knowing God...
Old 25-01-2017, 08:37 AM
Suspended
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Knowing thyself is the key to knowing God...

sky123.....what you just said is one of the most insane and idiotic things I have ever heard in my life. At no point during your incoherent rambling did you even come close to anything resembling a rational thought. Everyone in this thread is now dumber for having read your post. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
Old 25-01-2017, 12:35 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Light the Human
sky123.....what you just said is one of the most insane and idiotic things I have ever heard in my life. At no point during your incoherent rambling did you even come close to anything resembling a rational thought. Everyone in this thread is now dumber for having read your post. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Ok, thank you