Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 19-02-2011, 06:58 PM
Experiencer
What if someone told you you were there soulmate?

My last girlfriend looked it all up in a book and told me and dozens others that we were soulmates. At the time, I had no clue what that meant. But as things progressed and things got more involved, it may not have been the best move to announce such a connection. The relationship went downhill and it got to be painful so we stopped seeing each other.

In my past lives recalls, I determined a few others that were considered soulmates too. The information was filled with connection and emotion and as things became clearer, I saw similar effects like the girlfriend, this life, before.

I am wondering if these really weren't soulmates but connections of the past. Anyone care to enlighten me what they think was the relationship term? I'd certainly appreciate it so I can better understand this concept and clear up my mind to this - which at this point were all situations and problematic like baggage on a train!
Old 19-02-2011, 07:46 PM
Lilstar07

I'm not an expert but I Soul mates are said to be people we meet in life who teach us a lesson and you have a lot of soul mates and they come and go. So it is possible that she was. It Twin Flames where there is only one other, the only difference is Twin flames are always with you (even if you never meet pysically) its like their a part of you.

Generally you dont have to really think too deeply about what terms to use for each relationship.It is what it is,.
Old 19-02-2011, 08:44 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilstar07
I'm not an expert but I Soul mates are said to be people we meet in life who teach us a lesson and you have a lot of soul mates and they come and go. So it is possible that she was. It Twin Flames where there is only one other, the only difference is Twin flames are always with you (even if you never meet pysically) its like their a part of you.

Generally you dont have to really think too deeply about what terms to use for each relationship.It is what it is,.

Thank you

Could you elaborate on what you mean that a Twin Flame is always with you? Thanks again!
Old 19-02-2011, 09:16 PM
Lilstar07

Maybe some may disagree, but its like ive met people that have taught me and know people that are teaching me, whether its in a possitive or a negative, this can be friends ,lovers or even strangers. These people maybe what some would call 'sould mates' tend to be outside of ME , they give me my lessons but they are still seperate people from myself.

Although my twin flame is his own person and we are individuals, its almost as if i am him and he is me, so even before i met him I could feel his presence like part of him was within me and always is. We can feel each other's moods, even pysical pains.You see yourself when you look at them and they see themself when they look at you. So your twin flame is always with you in a sense because they are part of you and who you are.

I hope that was explained ok.
Old 19-02-2011, 09:39 PM
Master
I would run for the hills, no way would I want someone attached to me in an obsessed way.
Old 20-02-2011, 11:35 AM
Lilstar07

why would you class it as obsessive,psychoslice? Its just that seeing everyones story here, a lot of people seem to be running for the hills! it would be interesting to know why you think that.
Old 20-02-2011, 11:46 AM
Zeliar791

It would obviously depend on the person. I have my preferences.
Old 20-02-2011, 11:54 AM
Krystalle

I also had this happening to me. Someone i knew online told me she thinks i'm her TF and she wouldn't give up the thought. Girl was nice, but that's whack. That's why i became interested in this notion...''twin flames''. People should stop using the term so loosely. Not everyone you feel attracted to and feel a spiritual connection is your tf/ soul mate. 5 years down the road and you realize it wasn't like that at all. I don't know, imo people should only say these things before they die...only after a full life you can know who really was your special person, if there was any.
Sometimes people don't want to be in the relationship/ connection anymore (mostly men, i noticed). They are immediately categorized as''runners''. I find that i little insulting. Maybe they just don't feel like you do anymore, have someone else, are not ready for a relationship or who knows how many other reasons. It's easy to say ''I'm a stayer and he's a runner and one day he will see it''. Are you gonna deny yourself another shot at love with someone else and wait forever just because he's a runner? How about finding someone who treats you right instead of running from you and your connection.
Old 20-02-2011, 05:24 PM
1527twinsoul

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrystalleSama
I also had this happening to me. Someone i knew online told me she thinks i'm her TF and she wouldn't give up the thought. Girl was nice, but that's whack. That's why i became interested in this notion...''twin flames''. People should stop using the term so loosely. Not everyone you feel attracted to and feel a spiritual connection is your tf/ soul mate. 5 years down the road and you realize it wasn't like that at all. I don't know, imo people should only say these things before they die...only after a full life you can know who really was your special person, if there was any.
Sometimes people don't want to be in the relationship/ connection anymore (mostly men, i noticed). They are immediately categorized as''runners''. I find that i little insulting. Maybe they just don't feel like you do anymore, have someone else, are not ready for a relationship or who knows how many other reasons. It's easy to say ''I'm a stayer and he's a runner and one day he will see it''. Are you gonna deny yourself another shot at love with someone else and wait forever just because he's a runner? How about finding someone who treats you right instead of running from you and your connection.

This is exactly how I feel about many of the posts on this site. I should change my username because a few months ago I had some crazy notion of being a stayer in a runner situation. Sorry, but I think it is all hogwash. I like what is said in the quote here about finding someone who treats you right instead of waiting around for some "runner" to return.

I won't say names, but there are a few people who regularly post who I think are really deluding themselves. It gets really "entertaining" when teenagers post about having met their TF. Really?? Give me a break. You haven't barely lived yet.

Plus TF are extremely rare and one has to almost be of the character of Mother Theresa to have one come in your life. How many of us are really on that level of evolution?

I do believe in soul connections where certain people do resonate with us, however many here need to back off of the TF idea. I for one, am going to go on living and meeting people. I am not going to wait for some "runner" to return. Forget about all of that "oh he or she is just scared" stuff. If he or she really cared, they would be with you now, wouldn't they?
Old 20-02-2011, 06:19 PM
Experiencer
For common ground, who would you consider that is known about who could either be soul mates or twin flames? I think Ronald/Nancy Reagan could be soul mates but that is just a surface answer. I've only seen social situations on TV and in pictures about them. Other than that, I'd really have to think for awhile.

As far as twin flames...I still don't really get it. Seems like something out of a fiction story without any tangible understanding of what to expect. It sounds like a nice concept and a desirable one but being around spiritual topics for the last 36 years hasn't presented another person that is my REAL other half. Maybe I am just trying too hard. Not really thinking about it but I guess when it happens it will just happen!