Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 24-03-2012, 07:40 PM
seahorse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suikagirl
That is very true seahorse we at times get very nasty surprises from those whom we thought we really knew, but we never really knew them in the first place, I can totally understand why then the thought of being able to "know" someone online is pretty hard to grasp, but still possible, don't you think?
Anything is possible, nothing is black and white, and everyone speaks only from personal experience which may not apply to all....
While it's true internet anonymity can help remove barriers or masks people put up in everyday life....written words are very hard to correctly interpret, to read between the lines.
Face to face communication is of great value as in this case body and face language produce all those subliminal messages about the other person's true intentions. What people call "gut feeling" is the result of the brain processing all those signs the other person cannot hide. And of course empathy or telepathy may be at play. Of course in those cases that our desire for someone makes us ignore everything else except what we want to hear and see this mechanism fails....
From my own experience in a similar instant some Skype communication revealed many things written text couldn't.
As with everything in life, balance is the key. When we are able to combine (or tame) emotion with pure logic and careful analysis of as much information as possible, we have many more chances of avoiding pitfalls.
Sadly, wishful thinking often messes with this delicate process....
Old 24-03-2012, 07:54 PM
Deactivated Account

I agree with you 100% seahorse! Which is a shame, because I wish things could be simpler and well people were as honest as I am...well maybe not as much, I am too honest and not everybody can take that.

Yeah, face to face communication even through a "device" like Skype can be very helpful, maybe not as much as being able to physically do so, but at least you are seeing your interlocutor's face.
Old 24-03-2012, 08:52 PM
Mountain-Goat

If it were a brotherly\sisterly love you declaration, I would simply accept they are expressing their love for me.
If it were a romantic love declaration, I would simply accept they are expressing their love for me.
Old 24-03-2012, 09:15 PM
Deactivated Account

That's so nice Alternate! I guess someone with an advanced spiritual understanding would feel the same way as you.
Old 24-03-2012, 10:53 PM
Mountain-Goat

I do not know of what level of understanding i am at.
I simply answered what i would do within the parameters you gave.
If someone online said something to me, all i feel i need to do initially is acknowledge what they have said.
What happens after that, well that depends on what happens.
Old 25-03-2012, 06:47 AM
seahorse

Honesty...one of the greatest attributes in anyone. And so hard to find...
I remember myself when younger, lying to get what i wanted, be it love, attention etc...in the end it always backfired sooner or later. There are many levels in maturity i guess.
The first might be to be honest with others.
Another far more difficult...to be honest with ourselves....
Old 25-03-2012, 05:18 PM
Deactivated Account

Hmmmm Honesty can also be bad, well for me I am wayyyy to honest, so not everybody can take it and some find offense in my words.
Still I agree, without honesty everything from a relationship to a job, etc. will fail.
How can we be sure if we are or not honest with ourselves? I think I am, but maybe I am wrong?
Old 25-03-2012, 06:36 PM
seahorse

Quote:
Hmmmm Honesty can also be bad, well for me I am wayyyy to honest, so not everybody can take it and some find offense in my words.
Still I agree, without honesty everything from a relationship to a job, etc. will fail.
How can we be sure if we are or not honest with ourselves? I think I am, but maybe I am wrong?
Believe me my friend, that's one of the most difficult questions for anyone to answer...a long time ago a wise person said "to know others is experience...to know yourself is wisdom" :)
Old 25-03-2012, 08:23 PM
Mayflow

I don't really think you love anybody and don't love others. Seems too picky.
Old 26-03-2012, 03:25 AM
ShyGuy

Quote:

I have this problem. I speak whats on my mind, Immediately.

When feelings of love rush over you and its something that can only be compared to a multiplied sort of joy a four year old might experience on Christmas morning... something that is just so beyond words... and its there. Just honesty exists. Nothing much else. Wiped clean. Maybe too much honesty. I knew I was honest before the "connection" I experienced. That made it even more forth coming. That's why I've talked to multiple real people about it. There really is nothing to hide, but complete sincerity with ourselves and others. No one shares these sort of traits any more...

If I was in the described predicament I would be cautious, but I'd give it a chance if I thought it felt real... that's about as straight forward as it gets.

It is a hopeful thought that there are still some out there who believe in it.