Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 23-02-2012, 11:58 PM
Undeadweapon

Need... something... advice/opinions?

I'm hoping this is the right place to post for advice... I'm not in the best frame of mind right now, but I really feel the need to ask for advice/other's experiences and get some things off my chest, as badly as these things make me think of myself...
First things first, while I'm a loner by nature I do have some kind of desire to meet 'someone' under the surface, although I don't know why that is - it's like I feel complete yet not at the same time...
If someone does (rarely) express interest in me romantically I get very defensive and tend to just reject them, as usually A) they're not the kind of guys I'd go for anyway and B) they've only just met me and I feel nothing towards them.
On the other hand, I tend to fall for people who I later realise aren't/were never interested but I still try too hard. Every time. But I want to learn how to stop doing it. It makes me feel stupid at best!
I also get jealous easily and paranoid when I don't hear from 'whoever it is I like at the time' for a while. But it seems like if I do let them come to me instead of me going to them, they don't come at all...
I hope it's OK to bring up that I was also diagnosed with Asperger's about 12 years ago, but I'm still unsure to what extent it actually does affect me. I only found out about it a couple of years ago. I have some good friends but mostly I spend time on my own and don't want to mix with others for various reasons, which is probably partly why I can't handle it when I meet someone I 'like'.
Sorry this post was so long but I really needed to offload
Old 24-02-2012, 12:12 AM
Master

We could be twins in everything but gender.
Old 24-02-2012, 12:27 AM
PiscesGirl

Undeadweapon - big hugs

I don't really have any answers, but I wanted you to know that you are not alone. While this isn't a situation I have found myself in, it is something I live through my sister who could have written the above post (although I don't believe she has Aserbergers).

It makes me sad for her, because she is so loving and has so much to give - it just seems it doesn't work for her and I am not sure why.

We do have a complicated past and I think this affects her.

Perahps understanding yourself better, your true feelings, fears, desires as well as how Aspergers impacts on you may be a good start?

Anyway, I just wanted you to know your are not alone and wish you every happiness
Old 24-02-2012, 07:40 AM
Undeadweapon

Thanks for the replies, I appreciate it :) it is good to see that I’m not totally alone in this.
I was thinking of seeing someone about the Asperger's - since I found out about the diagnosis and looked it up, it has explained a lot but then I'm not even sure if I do have it since it was never discussed with me at the time.
I've never really talked to anyone about how I feel, apart from my best friend, because I just have so many thoughts twisting inside my head when I think about it all I never know where to start or how to bring it up... and I get so emotional/sad about the whole sorry mess that it gets difficult to talk anyway.
I find it hard knowing what to say to others in general and I think people find me inarticulate/boring. It is difficult to say what's in my head because a lot of it doesn't lend itself to being expressed in words.
I feel a bit better now I have got some of it out but I wonder if things will ever change for me. I know life is hard but I don’t want to feel this way any more. I told myself I was going to make changes this year but my inspiration has gone after what happened on Wednesday, when I screwed things up with my crush.