Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 04-03-2014, 08:54 AM
alhambra

Thank you tttin, i have just bought four noble truths but havent started it yet. I have just started ' training the mind ' which needs training as it does what it wants without my permission, lol.
Old 04-03-2014, 09:53 AM
Administrator
If I may just give some pointers in the training of the mind

when You find yourself being aware that your mind has wondered off in thought, it is the returning to its focus that is thee most important part of the process

that returning to center of focus is great training for the mind,
Old 04-03-2014, 10:59 AM
alhambra

Thats my problem Heart, it does what it wants. I find it easy in the evening to bring it back to focus but during the day it wanders on its own journey, i,ll get there, one step at a time. ( I hope ) Thank you, ♡
Old 04-03-2014, 06:53 PM
Administrator
Welcome my friend to the real path of self understanding,

Have fun with it, notice how the mind will trick and play you into its scheming to avoid your attentions to travel this path

What now is observing the thoughts?

what is the nature of the essence of what is watching when you see your thoughts come and go?

now you have a choice either let a thought pass on by with out doing anything about it or interact with it then observing how you respond to it without harbouring any opinion about that action,,,,

It like saying to yourself.... life is short, I will waste no more of my energy on pointless thinking

All the time your on that path, be kind to yourself, take it steady, because the first thing you may experience is anger and frustration, as the two things your being taught here is, compassion and an inner silence
Old 04-03-2014, 09:33 PM
alhambra

Thanks Heart, what I feel like doing is putting my thoughts on a leash so I can stop them running away, i,m trying so thats good enough for me at the moment, getting angry because I cant control my mind is pointless, meditation, tai chi, and qigong is a good way to ground me.

Beware thought,s i,m out to control you, lol.
♥♡
Old 04-03-2014, 10:32 PM
Administrator
I love having battles with my mind, many times I have burst out laughing at the stupidity and childish antics with its tricks and play, the saying "laughter is the best medicine" is what this means here.

When you feel joy in observing your thoughts and seeing how the mind works then you know you're on the right track, I will add... the mind is a tool for creating, You control the tool, not the tool control you,

To see any resistance in any form in the mind know that it is the mind/ego playing tricks on you, just step back take a few deep breaths and smile, so many times have stood back and asked that most insidious of questions...... "Why" its Childs play of the mind

There s so much I can say here, but as you say small steps, smile
Old 07-03-2014, 01:13 PM
oliness

I would recommend this video, it's a powerful description of this dilemma:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WF_gCAquRnc

Essentially, the sadness you are experiencing due to the suffering of the world is good. That doesn't have to go away. Just be aware of nirvana - the perfect peace and joy of pure consciousness. In this world there is suffering, and there should always be in us a concern for that suffering - a desire to relieve it.

After enlightenment a Buddha manifests only compassionate activity. I like to translate "compassionate activity" as "heart-weeping activity". Your heart weeps for the suffering, and does what it can to end it. Yet at the same time you are permanently in complete bliss. It sounds paradoxical, but both are true.
Old 07-03-2014, 01:43 PM
alhambra

Oliness, thanks for the Video, I will have good look at it tonight when the house is quiet, I seem to take more in at dusk. People say I need to toughen up, lol. but I am who I am, others say we cant change peoples sufferings because its all about karma but im certain we shouldnt just sit back and say or do nothink, it confuses me all this karma talk. I try to do what I can to help others, this has to be right, for me anyway.

You will know them by there actions, comes to mind.
Thank you.
Old 07-03-2014, 07:05 PM
alhambra

Oliness I have just watched your video, thank you. Its made me understand it,s ok to feel the way I am, but I do need to learn more about permanently being in complete bliss, thats going to be the hard bit. Thanks for your help.