Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 19-12-2015, 04:48 AM
life.love.regret.

I may not be as cool as I thought

The other day I decided to lay down for 10 minutes on my lunch hour (I go home for lunch). I always nap on my back now because it's the only position I seem to become lucid in while sleeping. This time I did become lucid (I seem to be more and more lucid as I do this more) and I noticed that I stopped breathing. It was a struggle to get breathing again but of course I did. When it happened it was all very familiar to me and I realized that this has happened before.

Now, I'm wondering whether I was experiencing any out of body experiences at all or were they the effects of some form of sleep apnea? It would explain why these experiences only happen when I sleep on my back. Anybody have thoughts on this?
Old 19-12-2015, 05:00 AM
Deactivated Account

I really have no idea on the sleep apnea and the lucid dreaming possible connection.... but I am happy to hear that you started breathing again !!

ps you are still cool, lol !
Old 19-12-2015, 05:08 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by life.love.regret.
The other day I decided to lay down for 10 minutes on my lunch hour (I go home for lunch). I always nap on my back now because it's the only position I seem to become lucid in while sleeping. This time I did become lucid (I seem to be more and more lucid as I do this more) and I noticed that I stopped breathing. It was a struggle to get breathing again but of course I did. When it happened it was all very familiar to me and I realized that this has happened before.

Now, I'm wondering whether I was experiencing any out of body experiences at all or were they the effects of some form of sleep apnea? It would explain why these experiences only happen when I sleep on my back. Anybody have thoughts on this?
so instead of astral protecting you just die for a few minutes and go to the astral? Jeeze dude sleep on your side. ;)

As Adrienne said glad you managed to start breathing again.
Old 19-12-2015, 05:46 AM
Deactivated Account

LLR, I was just thinking, wow, it only takes you 10 minutes to go lucid ? That is like instant success, if one thinks of it like that. Most people really struggle .......
Old 19-12-2015, 06:21 AM
life.love.regret.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGlow
so instead of astral protecting you just die for a few minutes and go to the astral? Jeeze dude sleep on your side. ;)

As Adrienne said glad you managed to start breathing again.

So maybe I'm actually dying and coming back? You're just trying to make me feel better about it.
Old 19-12-2015, 06:24 AM
life.love.regret.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrienne
LLR, I was just thinking, wow, it only takes you 10 minutes to go lucid ? That is like instant success, if one thinks of it like that. Most people really struggle .......

It has to be under certain circumstances. That day, I was extremely tired and I was out quickly. It's a lot more likely to happen if it's during the day and on my back. Also, I have to be tired enough to fall asleep on my back and that usually isn't the case.
Old 20-12-2015, 08:23 AM
life.love.regret.

Took another short nap today. I did become lucid but there were no breathing problems. I think this is because my head was propped up on a pillow. So now I'm back to maybe thinking the OBE's aren't related to the sleep apnea. Even though I don't remember ever really getting out of my body but I do remember trying a lot. At least I think that's what it is.

One thing about being lucid is that I wake up feeling like I didn't really sleep at all. Also, I'm not dreaming. I'm just laying there asleep but aware.
Old 20-12-2015, 01:58 PM
Deactivated Account

Another cat nap today, wonder if you dreamt of mice ? LOL !

I am thinking also that the OBE's aren't connected to sleep apnea, but that the stopping breathing is , it is said that is a sign of sleep apnea. Anyways, glad to hear you can nap and still breathe ! Good idea with the pillow.

Quote:
One thing about being lucid is that I wake up feeling like I didn't really sleep at all. Also, I'm not dreaming. I'm just laying there asleep but aware.
sooo, it sounds like there is a difference between being lucid and lucid dreaming, in which one can from what I know of it .... direct the direction of their dreaming.

What is the purpose then of just being lucid ?
Old 20-12-2015, 06:10 PM
life.love.regret.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrienne
Another cat nap today, wonder if you dreamt of mice ? LOL !

I am thinking also that the OBE's aren't connected to sleep apnea, but that the stopping breathing is , it is said that is a sign of sleep apnea. Anyways, glad to hear you can nap and still breathe ! Good idea with the pillow.

sooo, it sounds like there is a difference between being lucid and lucid dreaming, in which one can from what I know of it .... direct the direction of their dreaming.

What is the purpose then of just being lucid ?

I'm no expert but I cant see what the purpose would be to laying there asleep but aware. I have no idea. I'm not even sure what the purpose of lucid dreaming is. All I know is that if I sleep on my back, the chances are probably 8 out of 10 times I'll do one of those and I want to see if just how lucid I can get.
Old 20-12-2015, 07:17 PM
Deactivated Account

Best wishes then, on your lucidity