Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 03-04-2012, 04:41 PM
liberuno

Color 1st obe..well sort of ?!?

hi everyone

im new til this forum and subject and i hope someone can help me plz...i need some answers

i have been getting loads of sp/fear/humming etc over the years but never really remembered about it or thought much until lately when it has started becoming more intense and regular. i have done some research on it but not much. i can get to the sp, humming stages etc with no problems but i had a big problem with the fear part until today when i had another experience. i took notes straight after but im still a bit confused.

this time there was no usual loud chopper sensation/noise, there were one or two knocks but not sure if that was my son who was in next room watching tele. i didnt seem to feel sp. i definately felt no fear at all this time which was great...i did feel/ heard a light humming sensation all around me then it went into a sudden whoosh and then silence.. everything was in a dark purple/navy blue haze without much detail but then i could see a small figure as if sitting right in front of my eyes , this figure was in psycodelic colours against the darkness, pretty much the colours i had been visualizing what seemed 10 minutes earlier. it seamed as if i was looking at a dark watery type form, the figure turned/morphed into a face, i smiled at it cos i thought i was looking at myself in some way but the face smiled back at me which weirded me out a bit. my attention was taken away from it cos I knew i was experiencing something more this time but i was getting pretty excited, so i knew i had to calm myself, then i realized that i couldnt do much, i felt stuck, i tried various exits strategies i read about but still couldnt get anywhere. i could feel excitement building up again and i could sense that i was going back and forth from awakening, so i calmed myself each time and re-tried but it didnt work again, i focused and tried the 180 turn, rope climb etc but still nothing, i then felt frustrated then it was over.
questions-
1. this is my first experience beyond the noises/sp, fear etc but if i wasnt out of my body what was the smiling figure/face i was seeing so clearly and why was i seeing it?
2. as there was no fear this time i cant wait to try again but what was i doing wrong that nomatter what i tried, although i was able to see and know this wasnt an ordinary dream i could go no further?
3. I was totally aware that i wasnt dreaming, everything i did was deliberate but because i didnt get very far i still have some doubts to what else was happening...or not happening.

any advice would be great thanks

liber
Old 05-04-2012, 07:22 AM
b3yond33

liberuno:

"this is my first experience beyond the noises/sp, fear etc but if i wasnt out of my body what was the smiling figure/face i was seeing so clearly and why was i seeing it?"

You were experiencing the hypnagogia state. When one is close to becoming unconscious but remains aware, they will eventually begin to start seeing images, colors and/or have mini-dreams. This is the hypnangogic/hypnopompic state. This is normal.

"as there was no fear this time i cant wait to try again but what was i doing wrong that nomatter what i tried, although i was able to see and know this wasnt an ordinary dream i could go no further?"

Perhaps, you were not deep enough? Maybe you should do some mental falling exercises or keep doing the ROPE technique in the beginning and/or when you experience something similar next time. Stay relaxed and focused. Be Patient.

Robert Bruce's Methods Of Trance/Mental Falling Exercises To Project

"I was totally aware that i wasnt dreaming, everything i did was deliberate but because i didnt get very far i still have some doubts to what else was happening...or not happening."

Actually, I think you were closer than you think. What one needs to do, is to allow their body to go to sleep. Act as if your are going to sleep but slow down the process with intent and focus. Keep your mind awake/aware by focusing/concentrating on one thing or nothing, so you don't fall asleep. When you're in that dreamy state, focus on an image and move towards it to phase into it or just attempt to separate.