Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 28-04-2018, 09:21 AM
Experiencer
Fight with Dad in Swimming Pool

In this dream, I was at a local swimming pool. This swimming pool was opened in my town around the same year I was born.

I was in the big pool. My father was there. I was wearing a blue shirt which I wore on a holiday with my Dad in 2016. Me and him got into an altercation. I had two perspectives. I was in the pool fighting with him but also watching from the poolside.

The part of me that was watching, turned his back. When I turned around again my Dad had beaten me up and I had sunk to the bottom of the pool as though I was dead. You could see the color of my shirt in the water. My Dad had no clothes on. A girl (may have been my sister) started to scream at him to get me out/save me as I had been at the bottom of the pool for some time. He went down to get me out, but the first time he pulled out a blonde girl (random). Then he went down again and managed to get me out just in time. I don't remember what happened next but I survived.

I wondered if anyone could help me with this one? I am working on some deep core issues right now. I felt this might be related. Just to add I don't particularly have a great relationship with my Dad. He's never really been there for me. Maybe that holds some relevance.

Thank you!!
Old 28-04-2018, 11:30 AM
Master
the part of you who was watching is aligned to the "working on some deep core
issues right now" you... this dream involves you searching out those issues.
i don't know that the issues you're researching can be resolved from your
present position in life, as a manifested being, as they seem to have been
established at your inception (the pool opened simultaneous to your birth).
this may be a factor you've "turned your back to" and kept hidden from
awareness. my hunch is that you're over-burdening yourself with spiritual work.
Old 28-04-2018, 01:28 PM
Super Moderator
I would agree with Horace and add a few other thoughts. It sounds like you were born into very emotional circumstances or you were born with strong emotions that you father possibly beat you up about. Maybe not physically but it's not uncommon for men to want to toughen up their sons giving them the impression that emotions make a person weak. Crying isn't for boys. His influence possibly caused you to turn you back on your emotion and it caused the loss of your authentic expressive self.

It's not uncommon with authoritarian parents for the child to become reserved and conforming. The way your father raised you possibly gave you a blue outlook on life causing you to feel a bit dead inside. It's possible he did it thinking he was making you a 'man' and odds are he was raising you how he was raised with a very dysfunctional perception of emotions but it doesn't have to stay that way. Take a look at your emotions and reflect on how your father made you feel and how it may be affecting how you treat yourself today. If you have a tendency to beat yourself up for your emotions or anything else it's important to challenge those behaviors and the messages your father fed you growing up. They are generally born from misunderstanding.

Sounds like you are ready to stop turning your back on things and come alive again to your emotions and develop a healthy relationship with them. Sounds like your father may be partly the source of the dysfunction so just try and explore your early upbringing and how it may have shaped you for bad and good. As much as our parents have hang ups that can do a number on us they also have strengths they teach us too. No one is all good or all bad. Your father helped drown you but also helped save you. So just continue with the self exploration. Sounds like you are getting to the root of things.
Old 28-04-2018, 10:27 PM
Master
consider the possibility that the "deep core issues" you're exploring
have predated your current lifetime TonySG. perhaps the means to
addressing those issues had been determined to involve you living this
current life. the resolution to those could be effectuated through your
living a happy life here and now; that's my sense of where you're at.
follow your bliss and there will be no worries to overcome.
if you're experiencing joy through uncovering those hidden mysteries,
then continue on. if the process becomes a chore and seems to drain
your energy, then set it down and do something fun.
my thinking is that you'll be curing your ills through living in joy.
maybe focusing on some random blonde girl would serve your interests
better at this particular moment?
Old 01-05-2018, 09:28 AM
Experiencer
Thanks so much for both responses.

I do feel like I do too much 'spiritual work' but I also feel like it's moving me forward. But, then again this is sometimes an illusion and we just go around in circles. Thanks for the advice, i'll try to be more aware of what i am doing :)
Old 01-05-2018, 06:29 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySG
Thanks so much for both responses.

I do feel like I do too much 'spiritual work' but I also feel like it's moving me forward. But, then again this is sometimes an illusion and we just go around in circles. Thanks for the advice, i'll try to be more aware of what i am doing :)

something concerning your story occurred to me.
imagine that there was an object you'd discovered, and you decided to
examine what it was and what function it might serve.
suppose you found out that there was a layer of paint on it, and you
started to peel it off, looking for what was underneath.
what if you found out later that the object you'd been examining was
a masterpiece painting, irreplaceable.

awareness is laudable.
Old 02-05-2018, 12:37 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by H:O:R:A:C:E
something concerning your story occurred to me.
imagine that there was an object you'd discovered, and you decided to
examine what it was and what function it might serve.
suppose you found out that there was a layer of paint on it, and you
started to peel it off, looking for what was underneath.
what if you found out later that the object you'd been examining was
a masterpiece painting, irreplaceable.

awareness is laudable.

Interesting thought ;) Thank you!