Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 14-02-2012, 02:38 PM
Shabby

Consciousness is Amazing!

Consciousness to me is an amazing "thing". The way I see it is that Consciousness reflects what we believe and are aware of. That which reflects "us" is a field around us and things change when someone or something steps into this "field".

One day I got a mug from the Cabinet and started to pour coffee into it when I noticed the cup becoming warm as I poured the coffee into it. I heard: The degree to which both items change in relationship to another is actually measurable through "cons". (I still have no clue what "cons" are)

As I looked around I saw that everything had a relationship with something and that this relationship actually effected and changed the other.
Old 14-02-2012, 03:56 PM
n2mec

For me, "cons" maybe an abbreviation for consciousness.

I see applied consciousness as its own form of reward, where preception seems to slow down and the enjoyment of the Now comes in.

I can almost smell that cup of coffee, Thanks
Old 14-02-2012, 04:01 PM
Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by n2mec
For me, "cons" maybe an abbreviation for consciousness.

I see applied consciousness as its own form of reward, where preception seems to slow down and the enjoyment of the Now comes in.

I can almost smell that cup of coffee, Thanks

You know n2mec, I never thought about cons being the abbreviation for consciousness. Do you know if consciousness can actually be measured?
Old 14-02-2012, 04:31 PM
n2mec

Shabby, I read "CWG" by Neale Donald Walsh, and he listed about 4 or 5 categories of consciouness with definitions, super consciousness and supra consciouness where a couple at the top. I sure there are other publicaitons who have done something similar.
Old 14-02-2012, 04:35 PM
Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by n2mec
Shabby, I read "CWG" by Neale Donald Walsh, and he listed about 4 or 5 categories of consciouness with definitions, super consciousness and supra consciouness where a couple at the top. I sure there are other publicaitons who have done something similar.

Yes, I read CWG too.... loved the books : )
Old 14-02-2012, 06:33 PM
n2mec

Sorry, the book is "Tomorrows God" same author. Yes, I agree he has some really good stuff.
Old 14-02-2012, 07:19 PM
Master
Consciousness simply Is.

Becoming aware of your consciousness is truly amazing.

Xan

Old 14-02-2012, 10:53 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabby
Consciousness to me is an amazing "thing". The way I see it is that Consciousness reflects what we believe and are aware of. That which reflects "us" is a field around us and things change when someone or something steps into this "field".

One day I got a mug from the Cabinet and started to pour coffee into it when I noticed the cup becoming warm as I poured the coffee into it. I heard: The degree to which both items change in relationship to another is actually measurable through "cons". (I still have no clue what "cons" are)

As I looked around I saw that everything had a relationship with something and that this relationship actually effected and changed the other.

Maybe it means the relationship is observable and therefore exists. Kind of like the tree falling in the forest.
No conscious awareness of the relationship = no relationship.

Just a thought............nice post.....I can sense you excitement for life.

James
Old 14-02-2012, 11:21 PM
silent whisper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabby

Your words and discovery Shabby lead me to Alfred Whithead...I think he was onto a very important foundation of early childhood learning and discovery...
The Aims of Education
Alfred North Whitehead

1861-1947

The result of teaching small parts of a large number of subjects is the passive reception of disconnected ideas, not illumined with any spark of vitality. Let the main ideas which are introduced into a child’s education be few and important, and let them be thrown into every combination possible. The child should make them his own, and should understand their application here and now in the circumstances of his actual life. From the very beginning of his education, the child should experience the joy of discovery. The discovery which he has to make, is that general ideas give an understanding of that stream of events which pours through his life, which is his life. By understanding I mean more than a mere logical analysis, though that is included. I mean “understanding’ in the sense in which it is used in the French proverb, “To understand all, is to forgive all.” Pedants sneer at an education which is useful. But if education is not useful, what is it? Is it a talent, to be hidden away in a napkin? Of course, education should be useful, whatever your aim in life. It was useful to Saint Augustine and it was useful to Napoleon. It is useful, because understanding is useful.

http://www.anthonyflood.com/whiteheadeducation.htm
Old 15-02-2012, 12:21 AM
Humm

Alfred North Whitehead was an amazing man - a precursor to the New-Age gurus of today, IMO.