Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature

Old 06-11-2013, 12:21 AM
Super Moderator
I know, White Warrior. It is going on under our very noses too.
I read today, on my local animal shelter's online page -that a mother cat and her kittens were dumped in a woods, wrapped in a bin-liner, and in a sealed box. Fortunately a dog-walker discovered them, and apart from one kitten, who died, they were all saved, are healthy and re-homed now.
And that was in a radius of....what?....ten miles from where I live? It's not happening far away, it seems to be happening everywhere.
I can't understand this cruelty.
Old 08-11-2013, 06:13 PM
Master

It makes me MAD!

Really, I know I'm not perfect in any shape or form but to be cruel to animals which have a) never hurt us and b) are powerless against us - bullying. It's pathetic and feeble and vile.
Old 09-11-2013, 05:06 PM
Master

What is worse is that people oppose those who are kind to animals. It happens in my country where poverty is cited as a reason to ignore the problems faced by animals. I agree with all who have posted here. Love and sensitivity naturally flow towards humans and animals alike. One( i.e. humans and their needs)can't be isolated as superior or privileged in any way.
Old 12-11-2013, 11:42 PM
Tera's_Party

I don't know if this helps but I have found that having a gentle approach in guiding people towards less animal consumption has worked best for me. By introducing people to healthy vegetarian/vegan meals, and living and being healthy without preaching goes a long way.

If you're going to shift their attitude about animal cruelty, be a good role model to those around you. Most of us are aware of animal cruelty on some level already. Maybe some people will get the message by the health benefits, and others on the fence might be inspired by your courage.
Even if you don't manage to change peoples minds right away, at least they will have been exposed in a positive way to an alternative.
Old 09-12-2013, 08:20 PM
Master

I have ducks, Muscovy ducks exclusively.

Occasionally I search on Craig's list or in the paper classified ads for additional Muscovy ducks since I am always trying to keep my bloodlines from becoming interbred. Some of the farms I have visited were deplorable. You always hear of horses, cats and dogs but never poultry. The abuse is rampant.

I remember when I visited one such farm. The duckyard was in the hot sun (100 + degrees) with no shade for any of them. Their water was a thick green color which hadn't been changed in, I don't know how long. Sight unseen I told him I would take all of his 'scovies (5 of them).

I took them home and put them in isolation until they could adjust. They were not free range so it gives them time to get used to the routine and my other ducks. At the sight of me they would go into pitiful fits of terror. I gave them a pan full of water to bathe and had to change it numerous times until they felt like they were clean. Even then their feathers hung on them like rags.

Now they are some of my most beautiful ducks. They love me and eat out of my hand. Of the 5 I still have 4. Agnes, Ethel, Squeak and Rachael. Emmie was killed by a fox.

The other case came from a town close by. An ad in the classifieds prompted me to call the number. It was fall and people don't want to "winter" extra livestock. Since they aren't producing and aren't eating bugs they have no use for them. So I went and picked them up.

Again, isolation for awhile until they adjusted. They didn't know what grain was. They would eat grass if I gave it to them and they would eat bugs but not the grain. They had been raised without anything but what was in their pen to eat.

It is imperative that they learn to eat the grain before winter sets in here in Colorado. So I had to let them "starve" until they got hungry enough to begin eating the grain. Of the 3 I still have two. Ms Blue and Bella and they are some of my favorite ducks. Ms Blue especially. Lilly was killed by a bear.