Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 08-07-2014, 06:23 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogWarrior
I'm ahead of you on that one. Read my last reply.
Unfortunately, the time of our posts was so close together that I put in my post without seeing what you had written. Now I have read your last post, I can reply to it.

Some assume that AP can be undertaken without any spiritual preparation. It can be done, but there are risks. If the soul (which you state you are not even sure exists!) is not pure and positive prior to projection, then your own fears will play tricks on you. IMHO that is what happened to you. Cleanse your own soul first, via meditation and purifying, clearing and balancing your chakras, etc. All negative thoughts should be challenged and eliminated by positive and loving ones. It is unwise even to consider AP whilst your mind is full of negativities and doubts. Otherwise, you risk unpleasant experiences (real or imagined).

In addition, please do not underestimate the blood pressure issue. Once again, I urge you to consult a doctor. In addition, get him/her to give you a general check-over. There might be other medical issues of which you are unaware; it is worth checking.
Old 08-07-2014, 06:39 PM
Knower

I've seen Flatliners, I'm guessing it wasn't very good since I can't remember anything about it. Its just a movie. I've seen Jurassic Park too but I still think bringing back dinosaurs is a good idea. Maybe best to leave the T-Rexes extict though. Taking morals from a film is a bad idea, that called voluntary brainwashing. If you let things like that enter consciously, imagine whats entering unconsciously. People here telling me to have an OBE, have you not seen the movie Insidious? The kid left his body and couldn't get it back. Additionally, his body was haunted by an old bag lady and an Amazonian ghost shaman. Therefore OBEs = bad. That was sattire in case I wasn't obvious about it. I have OBEs every chance I get, I had one a few hours ago and it appears theres already something from the other side thats taken a liking to me. If you think the Amazonian ghost shaman with his demonic sewing machine is funny, you want to see this thing. It sings me songs about how much it likes my soul and recites poetry about how it intends to stay with me until the day I die draining energy out of my head and rear end with tentacles. Alright that sounds downright disturbing haha, its one of those things you have to see to understand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPC
Some assume that AP can be undertaken without any spiritual preparation. It can be done, but there are risks. If the soul (which you state you are not even sure exists!) is not pure and positive prior to projection, then your own fears will play tricks on you. IMHO that is what happened to you. Cleanse your own soul first, via meditation and purifying, clearing and balancing your chakras, etc. All negative thoughts should be challenged and eliminated by positive and loving ones. It is unwise even to consider AP whilst your mind is full of negativities and doubts. Otherwise, you risk unpleasant experiences (real or imagined).

Ah well, wise or not, I've done it my whole life without even realising it until I was about 19. I thought it was all lucid dreaming up until then. Its unavoidable, if I get a bout of sleep paralysis its either sleep deprivation or sleep paralysis. In my experience its best to dive into unpleasant experiences. I had a big dry patch where I didn't get sleep paralysis for over a year and its nice to have it back again. Its not negative or scary, the trick is just observing instead of reacting. Sleep paralysis, lucid dreaming and OBEs, they're all brilliant, its a blessing to be able to enter these states with ease. I meditate in sleep paralysis, thats how I discovered what meditation actually is, I stumbled upon it through trial and error. Fear is a construct of the ego, its like the ego retaliating against what it perceives to be a threat. Yeah I'm gonna do something about this blood pressure thing, those values aren't that low but for me they are. My baseline BP is usually around 120/70 and heart rate 100 bpm.
Old 08-07-2014, 07:14 PM
Master
Old 08-07-2014, 08:46 PM
Knower

IsleWalker how did I "yank your chain"? I wasn't being careful about how I worded my perspective, I just layed it all out. I don't mean to offend anyone, sorry about that. I think my agnosticism comes across as insanity from time to time. I'll try clear any misconceptions. There are various dimensions to the lense through which we can explore the nature of existence which we have access to. A number of them we can't talk about on this forum since they involve "drugs" (a blanket term which I have a big problem with since it triggers irrational emotional responses in many people because they don't have the experience which reveals that they are simply tools can be as different to each other as physical tools used in construction, and that like fire, electricity or nuclear technology, can produce beneficial or disasterous results depending entirely on how they're used) but the ones we can talk about are show the principle that they each reveal aspects of the mechanisms of reality which we may not be able to observe via other dimensions. The ones I have explored are lucid dreaming, non lucid dreaming, sleep paralysis, and to a lesser extent, astral projection (I only have one experience that I can say for sure was an OBE) and notably, the transitions between these states. Another one is sleep deprivation induced psychosis which was accidental and I don't intend on ever exploring again even though it was one of the most profoundly eye opening. I've observed a whole lot in these states. I haven't explored meditation (haven't got the skill yet), hypnosis (haven't yet been able to get into trance), I have no idea what these would reveal and what pieces of the puzzle would come into place from observing things in those states. There are plenty of other states I haven't accessed, which other people have. All these dimensions to consciousness are connected in one way or another and the connections between them reveal mechanisms to existence that one wouldn't have spotted hadn't they seen the connections. Even when you can't remember something you experienced, a kind of intuitive understanding is formed which manifests as a knowing that you kind of feel. An NDE sounds like it is yet another dimension, and its the more dangerous out of all these things and not something any sane person would take lightly. The more our scientific knowledge advances, the better able we are to access these dimensions in a safe way, and its just a matter of time before NDEs can be accessed safely. We're not there yet, but getting there. I would take a once off risk to see what happens when I am clinically dead for 30 seconds or so. Most people who have NDEs, have accidental ones and its completely unpredictable how long it takes for them to be resuscitated. A controlled experiment would be a completely different matter. The odds of coming back intact are exponentially higher. Its scary all this, but so is realising you left your body the first time. Well, I'd say that should clarify where I'm coming from. We only view people as insane when we don't see their perspective.
Old 08-07-2014, 09:24 PM
Master
Froggie--

You'll notice I yanked my post---Counting to 10 to see if I can shake the feeling that something about your posts seems...insincere.

Not interested in a long philosophizing. Just seemed to me that if you are as aware as you say, you would have been aware of the wrongness of an attempted NDE.

For me, I'm out. If people are sincere and not just blowing up their own balloon, I'm interested.

Lora
Old 09-07-2014, 06:10 PM
Knower

IsleWalker then you're reading wrong. Theres nothing wrong with a self induced NDE, thats just your opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPC
Regarding your blood pressure: 97/60 is low. It is not dangerously low, but low enough to cause some physical symptoms owing to restricted supply of oxygen to the brain and organs. I suggest that you speak with a doctor about it.
Looks like I naturally have bradycardia and hypotension, that would explain why I've been prone to sleep paralysis my whole life. 70 bpm was a high value, I'm actually getting ~60 bpm most of the time, my doctor verified that. I need a new doctor, hes been checking my blood pressure for years and never told me I had this, I only tested my own BP while on medication to make sure it wasn't going dangerously high, and I'd get normal readings. I thought I was on the verge of heart failure for the past couple of days, but I'm not, I feel normal now and I just got 79/51 62 bpm.
Old 09-07-2014, 08:36 PM
Ascender
79/51 is very low. Slow pulse is less serious, as athletes even aim for that. But the BP is so low that if it drops any more, you risk fainting during the day, without warning. That could be dangerous if you are crossing the road at the time! Take care. I suggest you see a new doctor.

BTW I assume you know that taking sodium (or lots of salty food) helps to raise blood pressure?
Old 09-07-2014, 09:17 PM
Knower

Is there a risk of knocking the sodium and potassium equilibrium off balance by taking NaCl though? I was taking a bit of seasalt, but lots of these symptoms sound like low potassium levels. Would you say sea salt will raise the BP? I've had low blood pressure in the past where I faint if I stand up to quickly, I'm not getting that now though. I'm just drowsy. I probably have low adrenaline levels since I was on dexedrine for years but got off it.
Old 09-07-2014, 09:49 PM
Ascender
No, low potassium results in high blood pressure. Both magnesium and potassium lower blood pressure. Sodium raises it. There is no risk taking some extra salt (or sodium tablets) provided you don't take too much. Some people even carry salty crisps with them to take when they feel faint from low blood pressure. Caffeine would have a similar effect.

I know a little about this because I have a relative with low blood pressure. I used to have the opposite (high blood pressure), but it is back to normal now. I took extra potassium and magnesium (mainly via food) to help while the problem lasted.

Good luck!
Old 09-07-2014, 11:20 PM
Super Moderator
I have no proof or evidence of this at all FrogWarrior, only a weird intuition, that possibly willfully inducing an NDE might not lead to the results you may seek. There is a mystery and a Grace about life and death (my opinion only of course)

However, an OBE is a different matter, and there is no harm in extending our consciousness to incorporate what we all experience unconsciously, every night of our lives. No harm in 'waking up' internally, and exploring those realms.
That's what I think, anyway.