Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Lounge

Old 08-04-2018, 10:49 PM
Deactivated Account
Cooked a special dinner for the wife. Now just waiting for her to return to the same continent
Old 10-04-2018, 03:06 PM
Master

Ah, Aaron you made my heart twang.

Last night we had stir fry and a salad.
Old 10-04-2018, 05:48 PM
Deactivated Account
And she loved it. She's allergic to cheese so no one has made her lasagna before. Of course I could make it so there was no cheese in it.

Had this with olive oil brushed, oven cooked jacket potatoes, garlic nan bread, and sides of dark green leaf salad leaves and some local vegetable from Uganda called nakati (like half cabbage, half spinach).
Old 10-04-2018, 10:24 PM
Master

I just copied a recipe for gluten-free flatbread (very similar to nan) that I am wanting to try really soon. I have some store-bought, but want to try some on my own.

Well they have some dairy free cheeses. I would think one could get used to it. I know because I cannot have any form of gluten (wheat, rye or barley) and also corn. All are deadly to me. I've become very fond of many gluten and corn free foods.

Whenever someone who eats gluten and samples gluten free foods and says, "it's missing something", I just want to slap them. They are not getting the point. For those of us who cannot eat gluten it's wonderful! Same with the cheeses that are dairy free.

We are having baked salmon and baked potatoes with crispy skins. And a green salad.
Old 11-04-2018, 12:11 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53
Whenever someone who eats gluten and samples gluten free foods and says, "it's missing something", I just want to slap them. They are not getting the point. For those of us who cannot eat gluten it's wonderful! Same with the cheeses that are dairy free.

We are having baked salmon and baked potatoes with crispy skins. And a green salad.
Luckily us humans have such a wide diet that when one closes off we just explore another. I'm not yet allergic to anything enough that it would kill me. But if that happened I'd just find alternatives.

I was once a vegetarian for 1 and a half years (even avoiding dairy) then went to stay in Japan for 4 and a half months. By the end of that I was eating blue steaks and mopping up the blood from the plate
Old 11-04-2018, 01:54 AM
Master

I have celiac disease, which for me also includes corn. I do not carry the genes for celiac disease, and that is good news for my family! I got it after getting West Nile Meningitis in 2012. It compromised my immune system and the following summer things began to go downhell, lol. By the spring of 2014 I had discovered I was not only intolerant to the gluten but also to corn.

It was a rough and rocky road learning how to eat again, but the learning curve is way behind me now.

And you are right, I am thankful that I have alternate foods that tastes so much like the gluten foods I used to consume. It's all good. Another learning experience....done.
Old 11-04-2018, 01:56 AM
Master

I ate to much salmon. Gawd it was good.
Old 11-04-2018, 08:35 PM
Master

Rotisseried chicken.
Old 11-04-2018, 09:09 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53
Rotisseried chicken.

i did a small turkyyy in s/c i dd let cats hav jelly jueseses i did by god thy luvd it thy did im begin 2 thng wish i wz a cat hav a ornr lk me it givs thm tattyy treetss i do

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 11-04-2018, 09:11 PM
Master
i no on mon i did
a minseses stewss in s/c
lk evry gravyy falvrs i pit in non gluttnn in lamm gravyy in bit of curryss pwodrs in alls easosn powdrs in mintt herbss in cookin herbss i did
minses
sosags
bacenn
hebrs dies potoss in
chesyy potoss in
slises poosstos in
wedgiss in
wz so noses nises it wz i evn had frezze few for lft ovrss wish im lookin fowedd 2 hav i amm

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔