Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 26-10-2011, 02:38 PM
emalie

When forgiving brings back painful memory

Hi,

I was unsure whether this was the right place for this query. I am more than happy to be sent in the right direction.

I have over very many years received healing of one kind or another for painful memories of both past lives and also of this lifetime. I thought I had finished with them, but apparently not. I recently started to use forgiveness to help myself let go of a block I could feel in my body. Rather than the memory in this lifetime that I expected had caused it, instead I found myself starting to recall a different memory of which I have almost no recollection. It happened when I was a baby or a toddler. I know that it was real. I just find that I feel too afraid to go close to it. I have the feeing that if I could release it then a valuable healing would occur, but how does one overcome the tremendous fear that assails you when a painful memory starts to surface.

I'd very much like to heal this memory. I'd like to do so gently, with love.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

emalie
Old 26-10-2011, 04:10 PM
Racer X

Quote:
Originally Posted by emalie
Hi,

I was unsure whether this was the right place for this query. I am more than happy to be sent in the right direction.

I have over very many years received healing of one kind or another for painful memories of both past lives and also of this lifetime. I thought I had finished with them, but apparently not. I recently started to use forgiveness to help myself let go of a block I could feel in my body. Rather than the memory in this lifetime that I expected had caused it, instead I found myself starting to recall a different memory of which I have almost no recollection. It happened when I was a baby or a toddler. I know that it was real. I just find that I feel too afraid to go close to it. I have the feeing that if I could release it then a valuable healing would occur, but how does one overcome the tremendous fear that assails you when a painful memory starts to surface.

Thanks,

emalie

Use a guided Meditation to help you.....

There are many out there.....

Deepak Chopra has some.

A great one I found: Energy Clearing by Cyndi Dale

How does one overcome the Fear???

Great Question!

The Fear is the enemy, Truth is the Armor! So you arm yourself with the Truth which surpasses the Fear!

Many tools here.....develop your knowledge of "what" the Fear is.
"The Secret Of Letting Go by Guy Finley"
"The Power Of Now by Eckhart Tolle"

and enjoy some movies along the way:
Star Wars
The Lord Of The Rings
EarthSea

Watch them after reading those books and you will see a new genius in the movies for they refer to the same thing!
Old 26-10-2011, 04:53 PM
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by emalie
Hi,

Thanks,

emalie

Hello

At times what is best is to "embrace" and clear memories that way. We have memories for a reason at times there are issues in our current life path we should look at. It might not be a clear message but if we take the time to sit and write things down we often find the "ROOT" that is there.

There are things we do not want to face so we try to clear them away or hide them but really when one can embrace things and fact things head on we do start on that path of moving fowards.

Lynn
Old 27-10-2011, 06:49 AM
emalie

Thank you for our kind replies. I will certainly take them onboard :)
emalie
Old 27-10-2011, 02:27 PM
Racer X

Old 27-10-2011, 02:46 PM
Master
emalie,

Compassion is the form of love that will help you the most with this issue.

The big picture is we choose to be human over and over so that we can experience these things. Those that say pain is a choice are those who have found compassion for the self. They can turn the pain on and off by selecting different perspectives.

Compassion for all that you are is the key.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 31-10-2011, 05:13 PM
emalie

Thank you again for the advice.

Since writing my enquiry, my own spirit guides have helped me to be free of the memory and the pain. I had never felt them answer me on this particular topic before.

Take good care all,

emalie