Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 17-03-2015, 03:04 AM
Seeker

[quote=HERE is a link that will teach you how to work with emotions. I have used this method for a very long time. It does work, when doing it stay with it for as long as you need.

It is a long post but well worth it :)[/QUOTE]

This does sound interesting. I will definitely look into the work on that post. It's hard a little for me though to fully pinpoint what I felt on such long past instances. But I guess I could use it against the anger I am recently feeling, I did not feel so much anger at the time, more hurt, or perhaps I would not have "forgiven" so easily.

It's very hard for me to just cradle the feeling. I have to admit, for me I want to analyze the feeling, define it, justify it, perhaps feed it some steroids. Rather than just feel it. Another part of me wants to Mary Poppins it. Or was that Pollyanna? See a positive side to it. Flip the negative feelings upside down to find a positive lesson I learned from it.

Either way, this is much appreciated and I will try to garden my heart as suggested.
Old 17-03-2015, 03:17 AM
Master

Hi WanttohaveFaith,

In my experience it is very difficult, if not impossible for most people to relinquish the dissatisfying past without displacing it - replacing that focus with something different, engaging, or hopefully superior and transforming. Iow, if there is nothing to move on to, then attention just easily slips back to what it knows, what is readily available, which are these negative, hurtful experiences and energies. Then it becomes a vicious cycle and increasing the energy creating a rut. So one important thing is to build a new activity which engages attention that is inspiring.

Information is on the mental plane and can only go so far. It might help reduce fear of an unknown by making something more known, but when it comes to ignorance and ignorant behavior - including one's own - the best thing is to be responsible for it by transforming it. This can only be done by invoking the higher principle within yourself - not the ignorance of others from the past or your own ignorance. That is what putting energy into these thoughts is doing. It is natural that these thoughts may arise periodically, and may even be a good sign that they are coming forward to be removed, surpassed or exceeded because you are now ready to do this and move forward. It's just that the informational approach may not be complete enough, fully effective enough (obviously).

The other thing (or really it is part of the same mentioned above, i.e., higher principle) that is very effective is simply to offer all these negative feelings to God as if they don't even belong to you. Just detach and give them to God, let God decide how to handle it, how and when to forgive, etc. That is one way to let go. And similarly, you can pray for something new to displace these old patterns, and then take steps to facilitate bringing them in to your life. That's a distinctly different way to utilize thought rather than to continuously dwell on various negativity.

Best thing, just let go and move on. Otherwise its just holding on to the past.

~ J
Old 17-03-2015, 03:51 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyotir
Hi WanttohaveFaith,

In my experience it is very difficult, if not impossible for most people to relinquish the dissatisfying past without displacing it - replacing that focus with something different, engaging, or hopefully superior and transforming. Iow, if there is nothing to move on to, then attention just easily slips back to what it knows, what is readily available, which are these negative, hurtful experiences and energies. Then it becomes a vicious cycle and increasing the energy creating a rut. So one important thing is to build a new activity which engages attention that is inspiring.

Information is on the mental plane and can only go so far. It might help reduce fear of an unknown by making something more known, but when it comes to ignorance and ignorant behavior - including one's own - the best thing is to be responsible for it by transforming it. This can only be done by invoking the higher principle within yourself - not the ignorance of others from the past or your own ignorance. That is what putting energy into these thoughts is doing. It is natural that these thoughts may arise periodically, and may even be a good sign that they are coming forward to be removed, surpassed or exceeded because you are now ready to do this and move forward. It's just that the informational approach may not be complete enough, fully effective enough (obviously).

The other thing (or really it is part of the same mentioned above, i.e., higher principle) that is very effective is simply to offer all these negative feelings to God as if they don't even belong to you. Just detach and give them to God, let God decide how to handle it, how and when to forgive, etc. That is one way to let go. And similarly, you can pray for something new to displace these old patterns, and then take steps to facilitate bringing them in to your life. That's a distinctly different way to utilize thought rather than to continuously dwell on various negativity.

Best thing, just let go and move on. Otherwise its just holding on to the past.

~ J

This makes sense, too. Thank you for this. It is too true, as it is nearly ancient history that I am recalling and hurting over.
Old 17-03-2015, 09:29 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanttohaveFaith
Sit back and let it happen? Tell me how, please?
Let it go, let it all go. You're holding onto energies you should have let go of a long time ago, they're inside you like a dam and because the energy can't do what is in its nature it's stagnating. You want to go back and seek revenge on the perpetrators instead of coming to realisations of how their actions were a part of making you who and what you are now. While you can't change the past what you can do now is create your future by changing your perceptions of the past. How you move on from here is your choice, nobody else's.

Awakening is one thing but what you are awakening to can be something very different. I think you should pay attention to what triggered it because that's where it all started, and until that's dealt with it'll probably just keep resurfacing until it is. There are some things you can't run away from, you can't run from what you have inside. In many ways this is a Journey to Self and this is the point you're at now. This is where your Self is in whatever shape or form that takes, and therein lies a window into who and what you are. Are you comfortable in your own skin?

Don't sit back and let it happen, move on with intention - good, heart-felt real conscious intention. Intend to gain a different understanding of how the actions of others have led you to this point - not knowledge, not information but understanding and wisdom. Energy goes where the attention is focussed so what are you focussing on right now and where has that got you? You can change that, you can turn it all around by not seeking apologies but understanding.

You're bigger than this.
Old 17-03-2015, 01:04 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanttohaveFaith
I have other symptoms of awakening that I didn't mention here. I have lots of tingling on the top of my head, def noticing the itching on my head this weekend, throat chakra kind of lump in my throat, emotional seesaw, tingling and pressure around the top of my head like a vice, and ringing or whooshing in my ears.

I'm just trying to figure out the emotional stuff. And I am really not good at sitting back and letting things happen. I like to be proactive, so that's why I was wondering.

Thanks!

That is just kundalini waking up and saying hi. Good signs but far from awakening.

I will edit with links to show you examples and lessons.

Here are a few lessons for you to look over.

Lesson 54 - Kundalini – A code word for sex

Lesson 170 - Q&A – That’s kundalini?

Lesson 69 - Q&A – Kundalini symptoms, imbalances, and remedies

Lesson 125 - Q&A – Kundalini heat

Lesson 130 - Q&A – Vibrations at the root

Lesson 135 - Q&A – Kundalini currents in legs and arms

There are many more lessons and the website has a ton of information.

I hope this helps :)

Last edited by jonesboy : 17-03-2015 at 04:40 PM.
Old 17-03-2015, 04:40 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesboy
That is just kundalini waking up and saying hi. Good signs but far from awakening.

I will edit with links to show you examples and lessons.

I'm sure you're right. I am still learning the terminology and all of it. So I am starting something, but I get that does not mean I will necessarily finish the race, I guess you could say. I know I have a long way to go. I just want to do my part to run a good race - You know not give up or let personal history or baggage drag me down or pull me out of the race. Does this make sense?

Please and thank you for more links, examples, lessons. I am pretty much a blank slate when it comes to this spirituality stuff and am feasting on this info.
Old 17-03-2015, 06:05 PM
Ascender

Wanttohavefaith - haha

Sorry, I laugh at the name because it suggest to me awakening probably is coming for you. Change it to Wanttohavetruth though and you will have a better advantage. I recommend listening to a guy named Adyashanti, lots of YouTube vids he is good and keeps theology out of his discourse for the most part. Very comfortable for me as I gave every religion the stinkeye for a long time. Just hold on to your desire to know. You are going through a very confusing prosess. It is confusing for a reason, that reason is it is a process that has little if nothing to do with you.. or better stated the you that you dream and believe yourself to be.

All things you hear, first burn it in the fire of truth. Even if it looks completely false. Keep anything that survives the flames, don't worry what it was attached to. You must determine if you want this, then don't look back.
Old 17-03-2015, 07:04 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Let it go, let it all go. You're holding onto energies you should have let go of a long time ago, they're inside you like a dam and because the energy can't do what is in its nature it's stagnating. You want to go back and seek revenge on the perpetrators instead of coming to realisations of how their actions were a part of making you who and what you are now. While you can't change the past what you can do now is create your future by changing your perceptions of the past. How you move on from here is your choice, nobody else's.

Awakening is one thing but what you are awakening to can be something very different. I think you should pay attention to what triggered it because that's where it all started, and until that's dealt with it'll probably just keep resurfacing until it is. There are some things you can't run away from, you can't run from what you have inside. In many ways this is a Journey to Self and this is the point you're at now. This is where your Self is in whatever shape or form that takes, and therein lies a window into who and what you are. Are you comfortable in your own skin?

Don't sit back and let it happen, move on with intention - good, heart-felt real conscious intention. Intend to gain a different understanding of how the actions of others have led you to this point - not knowledge, not information but understanding and wisdom. Energy goes where the attention is focussed so what are you focussing on right now and where has that got you? You can change that, you can turn it all around by not seeking apologies but understanding.

You're bigger than this.

yep, couldn't say it better.

Op. You are now open to the way you feel. Search yourself. The fact that you recognize these things is a good step in the right direction. Those feelings you have are fine to have. Embrace them and move forward. Look at the source and figure out why.

There is a type of meditation in which you go to the deepest darkest places of yourself. Find the source of those feelings and release their hold over you.

Therapy is a key here. But there are many forms to try.

Ps. Get a howlite stone. Its helped me calm myself when I get abnormally upset. Which gets less frequent and at thins point in my face obvious if it happens. Best part, it rarely lasts too long.
Old 17-03-2015, 07:27 PM
Ascender

Your tenacity for evaluation will see you through. Look deeply into the circumstances of your upsetting past. The people that hurt you. Look at them from a disconnected place. Was the motive purely to harm you? Or did other factors play a part. What were they trying to protect? Did they act this way out of an irrational fear? In their place, if I can get there in my mind... What would I likely have done? Truly in their place... Think about it until you can see yourself as them being driven to this action. Have I let these same needs for security or an irrational fear cause me to behave other than I logically should have? Since I judge by the merits of my own perspective it will be my inclination to judge him by the standards I judge myself...

Uhh...uhoh. we found something more important. Are you rational in your judgement of yourself or are you compassionate? Find compassion for him/her by finding it for yourself. Then you will see clearly his/her motives had literally nothing to do with you. They were suffering, and in their suffering you were caught. Like you have caught so many others.