Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 03-10-2013, 09:18 PM
Master

On Dying and Coincidence

Whenever there is a tragedy such a child drowning, or a person who is kind and generous, diagnosed with cancer or a pregnant woman and her unborn child killed in a head-on collision by a drunk driver I don’t mourn the way most people do. Yes, I am sad, but I don’t question why they had to die.

I believe we plan out our lives before we are incarnated here and our heartbeats and breaths are numbered to the exact time we are supposed to die. If the child drowns I believe that soul was not supposed to live to a ripe old age. The child came and contributed or learned what they were supposed to and then it was time for him or her to reenter the spirit world-by choice.

If the kind person is diagnosed with cancer, it happened as it was supposed to. The cancer patient had things to learn from the cancer or to teach the people who surrounded him and then it was time to go home.

And the pregnant woman and her child were supposed to go the way they went, dying in a calamitous*incident. They weren’t in the wrong place at the wrong time. They were in the right place at the right time. Nor was the drunk driver in the wrong place. He was experiencing life and learning what he needed to learn. He had an appointed time to meet with the woman and child on that road.

I don’t believe just because we are born here in our present bodies that we are meant to have a long life. Some die before they are born, some as children, some as adults, some with disease and some make it all the way until the body gives out. But everyone dies when they are supposed to. I just don’t believe in accidents; tragic accidents especially.

I think the Creator(s) of all of us and everything around us knows exactly what they are doing. I don’t believe we are some experiment gone awry. I believe we are on track and doing fine.

We are here and learning what we want to learn. We are here by choice. No one is making us.

So when there is another tragic “accident” on the news, a rape, a murder another school shooting, I figure we are doing what we are supposed to be doing-living our lives. Learning. Both victims malefactors.
Old 03-10-2013, 09:23 PM
Ecthalion

I agree with you Linen or at least mostly. I agree on illness or accident. Where I disagree is in cases where humans do the killing as I believe in free will. The killer could have chosen not to do it. If the killer was "meant" to kill then there would be no need for police/courts/prisons etc. as it was not the perpetrator's fault.
Old 03-10-2013, 10:38 PM
Master

Thank you for your kind comment.

I see no fault. I see no right or wrong. I only see the killer and the victim as each learning. One the consequences of killing and the other of being victimized/killed. I respect your opinion though.

I also believe in free will. If I choose this path then this will happen, and if I choose that path that will happen. It doesn't matter how I die, I will die at my appointed time in the particular way I have chosen to die. Just my thought. Not challenging your way of belief.
Old 03-10-2013, 10:39 PM
Ecthalion

And I'm not challenging yours, I see where you are coming from - our free will comes before we are born. You may well be right.
Old 03-10-2013, 10:45 PM
Master

I don't necessarily want to be right. Right isn't always right. But it's what I feel is right for me. Did that make sense?
Old 03-10-2013, 10:51 PM
Ecthalion

Yes. I know what is right for me and I also know that it is not right for everyone else, otherwise we would all be doing it. I do what I feel is "right" as, I am sure, everyone else does.

We are all on different journeys, some maybe further along, others further back. For all I know I may be bringing up the rear, but I keep travelling by the route my feelings take me.
Old 03-10-2013, 10:56 PM
Master

Isn't it wonderful that we are all so different? What a celebration!! And our experiences are tailored to our individual needs. Life is grand!
Old 04-10-2013, 03:11 AM
primrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53
Isn't it wonderful that we are all so different? What a celebration!! And our experiences are tailored to our individual needs. Life is grand!

These are my sentiments too. As for when and how we die, I agree that it's all planned before we incarnate.
Old 04-10-2013, 09:54 AM
Administrator
It is said that we choose our parents etc, before we reincarnate again,well i have a big problem with that i dont believe it,i would never have choosen my family in a million years.i can remember being born and not wanting to come into the world,i didnt want to come back,but i know i now walk my final path,
so i have a big problem believing in ourselves as for choosing when we are born and when we go back home,

Namaste
Old 04-10-2013, 12:45 PM
Master

Native spirit I believe this is my last incarnation as well. I made it a condition before I came here this time.

My daughter was very mad when she was born also. She cried for 6 months before she settled down.