Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Poetry

Old 13-10-2017, 04:26 AM
Master
The Thing Is

The thing is
I don't want to die
I want to live
As I did before
The Flesh entered
This thing that
I am
It continues
For now
Shrouded in
Uncertainty
There is no guarantee
That anything continues
My death!
It is what it is
The thing is
As it is...
Hinged on me
As I am
What this thing is
My death ponders
In truth...
I don't know
Because for now
I live.
Old 21-10-2017, 10:33 PM
Ascender
I like how you write. You speak of what's really there instead of fancy words. I love reading them.

Things like death shouldn't be hinged on someone. I like how you said "What this thing is / My death ponders". That's a really creative way to say it. I wouldn't be able to think creatively like that. For me it said whatever it was that was hinging on you at the time your silence pondered it..in other words you weren't fully aware of what was going on but you knew it was best because you were guided by your life. Great way to say it. I love how honest you are in your poems.
Old 21-10-2017, 10:46 PM
Master
Interesting reflection

"What this thing is
My death ponders"

Find to be a cool twist death pondering upon life

Anyways enjoyed it
Thank you
Old 22-10-2017, 05:32 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightwaves
I like how you write. You speak of what's really there instead of fancy words. I love reading them.

Things like death shouldn't be hinged on someone. I like how you said "What this thing is / My death ponders". That's a really creative way to say it. I wouldn't be able to think creatively like that. For me it said whatever it was that was hinging on you at the time your silence pondered it..in other words you weren't fully aware of what was going on but you knew it was best because you were guided by your life. Great way to say it. I love how honest you are in your poems.

Hi Lightwaves, thanks for tuning in.

The thing is what I'm getting at, life, tell me what it truly is?

How could anyone understand God for instance as we are created?

Oh, there are the good books, and they go to war with each other..

Are we just part of a process, all I know is I don't want to die!

All views have potential merit, duality, non-duality.. the thing is... death imprisons all of us to out theories.

The thing is death... and life.

We a by-product of the mystery that life is?

Will we ever know what the thing is.
Old 22-10-2017, 12:12 PM
Master
"Death imprisons all of us to out theories",....the thing is I hit the t and not the r ( next to each other on the keyboard) and ended up with out and not our.

Sometimes there are answers but the thing is so deep.

It's making me crazy.... the precision of the thing is mind-boggling.

Let's make no mistakes about it as we hover all around ir.

Anyway, I find your avatar interesting Lightwaves, interesting play on the line. Very Zen-like.
Old 22-10-2017, 12:32 PM
Master
And to add,... this thing could go on in my head for hours,.... if I was immortal would it change what the thing is? It would change things, but the mystery would never end it seems. If a day ever comes when the thing is known for what it is then we will have no other place to go with it.

Then what would happen next?

Could it be that the thing to existing is letting it flow and keep digging to know what it is.

We make all these new fantastic discoveries, science and all, it's like the thing is playing with us all.

We are given for a short time a rather fragile vessel to work from, and we need to get along and help each other because things can get brutal, and on the other side of that freedom, beautiful and so wise!

Feelings, words, emotions, desires, love and death. You know where I'm going?
Old 22-10-2017, 12:41 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonglow
Interesting reflection

"What this thing is
My death ponders"

Find to be a cool twist death pondering upon life

Anyways enjoyed it
Thank you

Thanks Moonglow, just my view from here.
Old 22-10-2017, 12:48 PM
Ascender

Hello all. This may be of some small comfort. Whilst sounding like no more than playing with words, there is more to it Imo.
That we are not simply bodies passing through life, but life passing through bodies. All the best. petex
Old 22-10-2017, 08:12 PM
Master
There is more to it, so much more perhaps. We are a road for the spirits to cross over perhaps?.

Spirit is a gift, what grants it?

Or is spirit uncreated?

Creativity = spirit, we needs things to manipulate...

Just poking around it..

But death is always out there... waiting in the wings of the thing.
Old 22-10-2017, 09:21 PM
Suspended

You shouldn't be afraid of death. Death is just rebirth viewed through the lens of unknowing. Truth is what you are is eternal. It cannot be destroyed.

I was good friends with death before my fall from grace. It appears as a woman to men and as a man to women. It's actually a very soothing presence. Not warm, cold and devoid of life feelings. But soothing. provided you haven't done anything wicked of course.