Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations > Manifesting, Creating, & The Law of Attraction

Old 23-08-2016, 03:42 AM
Master
My version of the Law of Attraction

I think that many people misinterpret The Law of Attraction. They think it means that if you repeat over and over that you are rich or attractive or fit or or getting a new car or being hired as a big company CEO or whatever, you will be. But what if you haven't chosen a life of wealth, beauty, authority or health? What if that is not how you will learn your lessons in this lifetime? Have you been asking and asking for more money or to lose weight or to meet a wonderful partner or get a great new job etc without result? Have you been trying to be as positive and upbeat as you can... and still nothing?

I believe the Law of Attraction is best practised through finding and being your real self, the authentic 'you', the one who knows what you really came here to do. Being rich, attractive or fit may not be on your agenda this time around. But becoming more spiritual and whole and true will definitely be. In making use of the Law of Attraction, you first have to remember who you are. Maybe you were real as a kid before the adults screwed with your mind and heart. You are not being real as an adult if you are hiding your authentic self behind a false image, whether it be with kilos of fleshy 'protection' against the world or forcing your body to be unnaturally thin or artificial, pretending not to care about anything or anyone, putting on an intellectual front to cover up what you are feeling or the opposite - pretending to be dumb to fit in or attract a job or a partner - working at a job or study you hate, living a lifestyle that means nothing to you, being with people you know are not good for you, saying you understand or accept things when you really don't, being responsible all the time when you just want to have fun, putting on a fake smile and a cheerful demeanour when you want to scream or cry, or pretending to be whatever you are not in whatever manner. Stop saying or doing what you know isn't you. Stop lying to yourself and everyone else. Your conscious ideals may be stopping you from achieving what is really yours. False vibes attract incompatible objectives...or nothing at all. Only when you become real inside will you attract your true outer life - and it may not be the ideal one you have envisioned consciously, but will definitely suit you much more than your present life and may even be much better than you could ever have dreamed.

So trust that the Universe and spirit will support you in achieving the lifestyle that will best help you grow and evolve and learn what you came here to learn. Stop asking for specifics and allow your natural self to blossom and attract what you need. Work through your fears and insecurities. Become that pure, powerful, beautiful soul you are at your core. And then you will have everything!
Old 25-08-2016, 09:13 PM
Master
What do you think?
Old 17-09-2016, 02:17 PM
Lorelyen

I tend to agree LOL, but without reference to the LOA which I don't regard as a law in any sense of the word - presumably the idea has been borrowed from the (harder) sciences. It's unpredictable and can raise false hopes.

To me, spirituality is largely about finding (the real) Self but this takes more work than many think: meditation, contemplation, clearing out rubble from the shadows. As you say, it means undoing social conditioning which for an adult with intelligence can be done without abrogating our roles in society - just that we become aware of why we do the things we do, why we've followed inherited beliefs, religions, politics etc. There may be no rationale but at least we become aware. It makes us face things we won't like (our "evils", old wounds, traumas).

You find lots of people here want only to be in the light. They are afraid of their dark side - so they can never get to know their Self (unless - maybe there are exceptions - those who have no dark side).

So, false image? This ties in with social conditioning and the demands of society. Once someone extricates themselves from social conditioning a lot of work is done. It won't mean abandoning "false image" entirely because of those demands - the need for a job, having to pay the bills, being mindful of the needs and expectations of others (who may depend on falsity) but that image become a controlled application driven by the Self, no longer a set of learned responses and rituals.

Operating from Self, one discovers real needs to be able to function at a steady state, to run from a base of contentedness while giving one the scope to strive for more as necessary. Then, I suppose, LOA might come into play, valid as long as it's realistic. With emotions well under control it may cease to be necessary with things like attraction issues. One can strategise. With money, for instance, I could sit there using LOA with no measure of its predictability. I want money for new equipment? I plan to do some more work to earn it. I want a new boyfriend? I put myself in places where I'm likely to meet suitable people.

It can be done. It's a little more than trusting the universe, though. I'm a believer in the old saying "God helps those that help themselves", swapping the word God for Universe in your terms. You have to show willing so that the universe-thingie can help you find out who you are and what you want.

Old 17-09-2016, 08:53 PM
Master
But my point is, that if you become your true self, you won't have to plan or work hard for what you want - it will just flow to you effortlessly. And also it may not be what your heart or logical mind hope or think is right for you, but it nevertheless will be the most fitting situation for your authenticity.
Old 18-09-2016, 08:06 AM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by the captain
But my point is, that if you become your true self, you won't have to plan or work hard for what you want - it will just flow to you effortlessly. And also it may not be what your heart or logical mind hope or think is right for you, but it nevertheless will be the most fitting situation for your authenticity.

I think we're in agreement. My point was that becoming your "true self" is not easy for most people. They face a lot of work. And they still have to live among those unprepared to do it and for whom false image is important.

Old 18-09-2016, 08:33 PM
Master
How very odd that becoming who you truly are can be the hardest task for us all....
Old 19-09-2016, 05:59 AM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by the captain
How very odd that becoming who you truly are can be the hardest task for us all....

Isn't it just.

It's something you have yet to do.