Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 07-10-2011, 05:35 AM
mattie

Relax, Relax, Relax & TRUST Your Own Abilities

All energetic techniques are most effectively achieved w/ a light touch. Overly focusing on HAVING to do it will be counterproductive as this frustration is a low frequency emotion that will not aid your efforts. Ditch any notion that you’re doing something wrong. It is very useful to try various techniques.

Just relax, & know that you already AP all the time when your physical body is asleep, but just don’t remember it. Invite in the recollection, while being completely OK if this recall doesn’t develop immediately.

Appreciate that you are beginning to ALREADY show results w/ remembering your ‘dreams’ more. Give your self a hearty congratulations for this. As we expand our consciousness we have many abilities that we call psychic begin to unfold. KNOW that these have already begun to emerge w/ remembering your dreams more & WILL continue. It may be that moving into the lucid dream stage will be something you explore next. There is a section here about lucid dreaming.

It can be useful to communicate w/ your spiritual team that you would like their assistance in helping you align your energies so this recall of your nocturnal excursions is accessible.
Old 07-10-2011, 10:10 AM
kislany

If you haven't tried it yet (you might have though), give lucid dreaming a try first. It's easier to master than AP and many people exit their bodies once they've realized that they are dreaming. Then once you do it this way and proved to yourself that you can do it, then try the mind awake / body asleep way. Just a thought.
Old 07-10-2011, 08:53 PM
Master

This morning I was wide awake. I was breathing in and out and nothing happened. I was not getting anywhere so I began to imagine I was walking into a cinema and sitting down. I could not see anything but it did not matter. I always eat an ice cream when I am in the cinema. I imagined I was eating my usual chocolate coated ice cream. I could really taste it. It was like eating a real ice cream. I could not see anything. I then imagined it was raining. I could feel the rain falling on me. I knew I was out of my body. I kept saying I can see and I could see well. I could see the houses and the streets. I said I wanted to see a person. I was traveling very fast but unfortunately I went back into my body and I woke up.
Old 08-10-2011, 08:07 AM
Master

Perhaps you could imagine something like what I did. Start by meditating for a while and then imagine something. In the morning is the best time to ap. You have already had a lot of sleep so you are not tired or as tired and your body is already relaxed. Trying to ap late at night or when you are tired is not the ideal way to ap as it can be very difficult to do as it is too easy to fall asleep. By typing this, it has helped me. When I wake up early in the mornings I am going to imagine something instead of breathing in and out. I mostly end up falling asleep. I usually ap when I wake up late in the mornings.
Old 08-10-2011, 01:57 PM
Humm

Yes - imagine falling in infinity...
Old 08-10-2011, 06:31 PM
Master
I like that, Humm.

Xan

Old 08-10-2011, 10:10 PM
Master

Of course, you can visualise anything. It does not matter what you visualise. Whatever comes to your mind.
Old 09-10-2011, 07:25 PM
Master

This morning I was imagining a large area of grass. I could see the grass. I knew I was out of my body. I thought look up and see more around me and that is what I did. My husband at that moment was moving around in bed and the experience ended. I woke up. How frustrating.
Old 14-10-2011, 10:06 PM
Master

I did something different last night. Instead of going to bed I laid down on a thin mattress so it was not very comfortable. I was just breathing in and out until ap would happen. I was lying there for about an hour and then I could feel myself moving out of my body. I was starting to travel but I got an annoying ap urge (only happens with ap) and the ap experience ended. I got up and had a break then I started to practice again. I did not do any counting or anything and I fell asleep for a short while. Next time I will count when it starts to get late. I went to bed after that. It has given me hope that I can ap at night time. I do not have to wait in the mornings to ap. I do not always ap in the mornings. I will try it again tonight.
Old 14-10-2011, 10:56 PM
Elena

time of day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
It works best to have a regular practice period every day around the same time for about 30 minutes. Trying all night isn't so effective and only builds frustration.

Xan

I have a question about the time of day and location. It seems for me it is during certain time during the day or certain time in the evening that I can concentrate, I close my eyes and suddenly my mind wants to relax is that normal. I have been struggling with astral travel and contacting guides myself. It is also weird to me that I want to do it in the strangest places like the bathroom at work or my guest room is that unusual or it is just natural to feel certain connections at random places? I can’t just stay in a bathroom at work and meditate any advice on that?